2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

Moved the past AU LB talk to the football forum

I'm really excited about landing Riddick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Jawja fans in my family are pissed, the royal kind.  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

WDE !!!

We’ve beaten them one time in the last 10 meetings. We are the ones pissed. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/26/2023 at 8:27 PM, Tiger n Miami AU83 said:

Hello fellow Aubies 🖐️😊

I have not been around in a minute (apologies if anyone cares, lol). 

Today is a day worth noting and marking down. It is not so much about a single player, but about laying down an undeniable and unmistakable marker.

We saw this coming with the epic, unreal and frankly embarrassingly under appreciated/underreported job Freeze did to salvage the 2023 class. Yeah, us Aubies took note and were quite encouraged. Then we started to even get a bit optimistic as he continued to do serious work in the portal. Yeah, local and national pundits made some comments here and there noting Freeze was doing well and making progress in recruiting and the portal. But by and large they really missed the boat entirely as to just how drastic was the change and its potential ramifications.

The winds of change are blowing hard right now and will be even more apparent over the next week. We are COMING. At the expense of the buttsniffers and gumps no less.

WDE

Great post!!

On 7/26/2023 at 10:43 PM, AUINSY said:

When I was a student from 2004 - 2010 I made a regular habit of dressing up in crazy costumes for games. As Iron Man when Kenny Irons was here, Super Mario when Mario Fannin was on the team, and a crazy king with King Dunlap, among many others. If there aren’t a few out there dressing up as Mr. Freeze, we’re just not doing it right. 

Freeze is bringing the goods! WDE!

Fans should've dressed up as a Summer's Eve box when Bryan Harsin was here. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, toddc said:

The 2023 version is momma worm is coming! Y’all better be careful with her if she joins the board. 😝 

Yeah that's Demarcus's grandmother and she had another tweet I saw before he committed to us on wednesday where she called out Georgia fans for how they treated him on social media when they found out he was decommitting. In the same tweet she was calling out Alabama fans as well because of how they treated him when they realized he wasn't committing to them. She seems to really love and protect her grandson and I love it!!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow a BTO reference

One of the best live bands I've ever seen and I didn't even get to see them with Randy Bachman. I saw them in 2001 at Memphis in May Festival and they were B.T.O. 

The lineup was Robbie Bachman, C.F. Turner, Blair Thornton and Randy Murray. Randy Murray had replaced Randy Bachman. Still a kickass band and show though!!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

We’ve beaten them one time in the last 10 meetings. We are the ones pissed. 

No doubt !  But just think of the Jawja meltdown to come when we stop that trend.  If they're so upset over losing one recruit, then they'll need a rabies shot after we beat them.

WDE !!!

• ellitor changed the title to *** 2024 5* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2023 at 4:47 PM, TeamZero77 said:

th-706919146.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I just listened to the Auburn Live call in show and his grandmom called in and spoke about his recruitment. Couple of points:

1. I excited to have they're family as part of the Auburn family! Grandma Riddick has a fire in her that I absolutely love! 

2. We have a dang good coaching staff! She said that Demarcus really appreciated that our staff was there for him, to better him, and they were intentional in building the relationship.

3. Demarcus is going to show out at Auburn! Kid is all of a 5 star and still has areas to improve.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The staff has shown that you must love being a people person to succeed at this level, first and foremost. It is a relentless process. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Remember that time when all you heard was crickets on the recruiting forums? I’m glad those days are behind us!! It’s been a long few years…

• Like 4

15 hours ago, toddc said:

I have been fortunate to know a prominent SEC head coach on a personal level.  The head coach, the head coaches wife and their kids (Im friends with one kid) ALL were deeply vested in the well being of their players … not just at the sec school, but every school he coached at … going all the way back to the start of their career and right up until today.  Even little ole’ me was embraced by the coaches wife and my well being with her keeping a casual interest in me and my family.

when done right, coaches have life long impacts.  This coach had critical input in decisions I made many years ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

when done right, coaches have life long impacts.

The same can be conversely said too.

It's a privilege and a very fragile trust.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Remember that time when all you heard was crickets on the recruiting forums? I’m glad those days are behind us!! It’s been a long few years…

A few years of watching these beat writers and recruiting analysts writing article after article on kids we knew we weren’t getting…senseless exercises in futility .

12 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A few years of watching these beat writers and recruiting analysts writing article after article on kids we knew we weren’t getting…senseless exercises in futility .

Practicing till the time was right!  And it's right Now!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Yep! Basically saying we would do anything short of selling our souls to get a 5* commit and now the LORD blessed us with 2 from our Rivals! HE CAN DO ANYTHING, ANYTIME.

• Like 2