2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

• ellitor unpinned this topic

She's somethin special ain't she! Love it when family joins in with everything too. Never underestimate that. Ever.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, EricLCountry said:

She's somethin special ain't she! Love it when family joins in with everything too. Never underestimate that. Ever.

What a great addition to the AU family.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 5* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)
2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

To me, this has been the biggest shocker so far in favor of AU. 

Me too.  He's special 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All the highlights shown here.

• 2 weeks later...

He was gonna be at the Bama game but Coach Aldridge changed that. It was something he had already planned on awhile ago and was nothing to worry about according to him but now not happening.

Edited by WFE12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

38 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He was gonna be at the Bama game but Coach Aldridge changed that. It was something he had already planned on awhile ago and was nothing to worry about according to him but now not happening.

100% Kudos to Coach Aldridge to stay in constant contact with his men and let them know they matter to us.   100% Kudos to DRid for changing his plans!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This is EXCELLENT. You da man CJA!

Me too brother!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Auburn LB commit Demarcus Riddick named to HS Butkus Award preseason watch list

The Chilton County product has a chance at claiming national prestige.

Christian Clemente

16 mins

Demarcus Riddick has a chance at claiming national prestige in his final season at Chilton County (Ala.). On Thursday, the 5-star linebacker committed to Auburn was named to the high school Butkus Award preseason watch list. Riddick is one of 51 linebackers to make the initial watch list, with the winner announced in December.

Committed to Georgia since last November, Riddick had a "final decision" ceremony on July 26 when he announced his flip to Auburn, also choosing the Tigers over Alabama.

"I feel great. I’m glad I chose this school," Riddick said this past weekend after returning to campus for the UMass season opener. "I’m glad here at home. This is home for the rest of my life."

At 6-foot-2 and 212 pounds, Riddick is the No. 26 player, No. 3 linebacker and No. 3 player from Alabama in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings for the 2024 cycle.

Already two weeks into his senior season with his Chilton County team, the Tigers currently stand at 1-1 after a comeback win over Jemison last Thursday. Riddick has totaled 18 tackles, five quarterback hurries and three tackles for loss in the two games. He's also played some offense at receiver and running back. It's a home game against Briarwood Christian this Friday.

Since the award was first given out in 2008, Auburn has never had a linebacker commitment win.

Auburn linebacker target Bradley Shaw was also named to the preseason watch list. Names can still be added as the season goes on, with semifinalists and finalists narrowed down later in the year.

247Sports scouting report on Riddick:

"Estimated at 6-foot-2 and 210-pounds plus, possesses an athletic frame and growth potential to add a considerable amount of weight to his frame at the next level. A three phase player and a multi-sport athlete, displays good athleticism in each phase of the game.

"Positioned at the weak side linebacker position, Riddicks possesses outstanding position versatility as a second level defender, showing the ability to play off ball as a pass coverage defender, in the box, off the edge as a pass rusher and sometimes even at the safety position.

"Demonstrates good play speed, showing the ability to play in space and drop comfortably in coverage. Flashes excellent football instincts in both the run and the pass, displaying the ability to key and diagnose and play downhill.

"Possessing somewhat of a chameleon skill set, the Chilton County standout appears most comfortable as on off-ball linebacker, where his athleticism and instincts are on full display playing sideline to sideline. Projects a multi-year Power Five starter at the next level with the ability to contribute early on defense and special teams. Possesses a unique defensive skill set at the linebacker position with legitimate three down value. Although he checks the boxes athletically, Riddick’s combination of position versatility and football instincts make him one of the best pure linebacker prospects in the country."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Riddick: 'I'm just ready to be there'

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Demarcus Riddick can't wait to run out of the tunnel at Jordan Hare Stadium.

He's locked in with the Tigers, and has been for a while, but with each passing day he's closer to what he's been working toward. Soon enough, he'll leave his hometown of Clanton, Ala., for the Plains and suit up for the Auburn Tigers, not the Chilton County Tigers.

"I’m just ready to be there," Riddick said. "I don’t want to leave my hometown, but I’m ready to go play college ball because college ball, it’s so serious."

Demarcus Riddick is Auburn's highest-rated commit. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Although Benjamin Russell spoiled Chilton County's senior night Friday, defeating the Tigers 50-7, it was still a special evening for the four-star linebacker commit. He got to play in front of his future linebackers' coach, Josh Aldridge.

"To be honest with you, seeing him here it was exciting," Riddick said. "Just seeing him here is like ‘Oh yeah, it’s my time.' It’s senior night, gotta turn up for senior night, and knowing he’s here, I gotta turn up for him too, so it’s been great seeing him here."

Riddick was most recently in Auburn to watch the Tigers take on the top-ranked team in the nation and the program he was previously committed to — Georgia. Although Auburn didn't come away with the upset victory, it was encouraging to see how competitive of a game it was, even with Auburn as heavy underdogs.

"I had fun because I know that Auburn’s good enough to compete with any team in the nation," Riddick said. "We competed with the No. 1 team in the nation, what do you think we’re gonna do with the rest of these teams we get ready to play?"

With what Riddick described as a "great" atmosphere inside Jordan Hare Stadium, he kept a close eye on how the defense operated, noting how the linebackers were "flying to the ball" and the defensive backs were "locking stuff up". It gives him a lot of confidence in the future of the defense.

"It just gives me the momentum of knowing that ‘Oh yeah, I’m gonna be able to do the things they’re doing," Riddick said.

Riddick is Auburn's highest-rated commit in the 2024 class, ranked No. 25 in the nation. He plans to attend every home game this fall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...