Fox Sports take on AU

AUloggerhead

Link

Basically ... This should be an interesting year for the Auburn offense. All the talk will be about the loss of QB Jason Campbell and running backs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown, but there's enough talent coming back to expect another good year. This wasn't always the most explosive attack last year, and that could change with one of the nation's best receiving corps and a backfield full of home-run hitting speed. The line will be fine with All-America talent at the tackles. So it all comes down to the quarterbacks. If Brandon Cox is ready to handle the pressure, the offense will be fine. If he struggles, the attack won't be pretty.

They don't say much different than what's been said on this board. No recent injuries are reflected in their analysis, though.

to an extent i agree. he's very, very important. but he's not all there is. if our defense does what it should do, the most we should ever have to score to win is 17. and i'm not even kidding. add that to a coordinator that's pretty creative about getting the ball into playmaker's hands (like reverses to CT or screens to running backs, easy plays for a qb to make), plus a line with three junior tailbacks behind them? he doesn't have to be great for this team to be great. he just has to be good for us to win a division title and possibly a conference crown.

to an extent i agree. he's very, very important. but he's not all there is. if our defense does what it should do, the most we should ever have to score to win is 17. and i'm not even kidding. add that to a coordinator that's pretty creative about getting the ball into playmaker's hands (like reverses to CT or screens to running backs, easy plays for a qb to make), plus a line with three junior tailbacks behind them? he doesn't have to be great for this team to be great. he just has to be good for us to win a division title and possibly a conference crown.

174081[/snapback]

Lots of Cox Turnovers = Losses

I am optimistic. However, the above equation is reality.

But, to put a positive spin on it:

Few Cox Turnovers = See You in Atlanta

War Damn Eagle!

I've come to the conclusion that Cox will absolutely fine this year as QB. Seeing him in the last couple practices and watching him in Saturday's scrimmage has convinced me he will have a great year. How can you not have a great year if he's at least half way decent with the talent we have in our receivers?

The question for me is our running situation. Obviously Tre has not been around for the past 12 days, and I realize he will change a lot (Bama '02 anyone?). But our backups haven't done a dang thing in the past two scrimmages. Does it scare me? No, but I sure am a little concerned.

So for me, the concern shouldn't be all about Cox - cause he'll do well. But the concern and pressure should be focused on the running game.

With that being said, can't freakin' wait for Sept. 3rd!!! War Damn Eagle!

174081[/snapback]

Even CTT himself has said that "Cox doesn't have to win games for us, he just has to not lose games for us."

I've come to the conclusion that Cox will absolutely fine this year as QB.  Seeing him in the last couple practices and watching him in Saturday's scrimmage has convinced me he will have a great year.  How can you not have a great year if he's at least half way decent with the talent we have in our receivers?

The question for me is our running situation.  Obviously Tre has not been around for the past 12 days, and I realize he will change a lot (Bama '02 anyone?).  But our backups haven't done a dang thing in the past two scrimmages.  Does it scare me?  No, but I sure am a little concerned. 

So for me, the concern shouldn't be all about Cox - cause he'll do well.  But the concern and pressure should be focused on the running game.

With that being said, can't freakin' wait for Sept. 3rd!!!  War Damn Eagle!

174098[/snapback]

I don't worry at all about the rushing stats from the scrimmages. The defense usually runs a base, which creates better opportunities for the pass and not the run. Once we play against a defense that starts to move around, then it's a whole different game.

I've come to the conclusion that Cox will absolutely fine this year as QB.  Seeing him in the last couple practices and watching him in Saturday's scrimmage has convinced me he will have a great year.  How can you not have a great year if he's at least half way decent with the talent we have in our receivers?

The question for me is our running situation.  Obviously Tre has not been around for the past 12 days, and I realize he will change a lot (Bama '02 anyone?).  But our backups haven't done a dang thing in the past two scrimmages.  Does it scare me?  No, but I sure am a little concerned. 

So for me, the concern shouldn't be all about Cox - cause he'll do well.  But the concern and pressure should be focused on the running game.

With that being said, can't freakin' wait for Sept. 3rd!!!  War Damn Eagle!

174098[/snapback]

I don't worry at all about the rushing stats from the scrimmages. The defense usually runs a base, which creates better opportunities for the pass and not the run. Once we play against a defense that starts to move around, then it's a whole different game.

174130[/snapback]

...AND, don't forget, this is a D that allowed...what...five rushing TD's last year...three of them in the SECC game? Probably the best run D we'll see all year.... :)

:au::homer:

174081[/snapback]

Even CTT himself has said that "Cox doesn't have to win games for us, he just has to not lose games for us."

174118[/snapback]

Well someone should tell Tubby that they got rid of ties a looong time ago!!!

Archived