March Madness 2023 - All other games talk

AUBwins

1 hour ago, Barkchevious said:

So, now refs will screw Auburn in their national semifinal matchup with Purdue next year.  That’s how this works, right?  

Well, let's hope the 2025 season has a tourney...😬

Our boy Devan a chance to shine on big stage. 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I know it doesn't go here but this is just cold by Jabari.  

GW tonight.

muhammad-ali-cassius-clay.gif 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Fun to see but I kinda wanted as many teams as possible that could beat the Turds.

Purdue nor FDU would be around in the Final 4 to see Bama.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bama will lose to the Baylor/Creighton winner.

Likely has to be Creighton. Teams that don't make the semis of their conference tourneys like Baylor don't usually make long runs in the NCAA Tourney.

9 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm hoping the upsets continue tomorrow with Arkansas upsetting Kansas, Maryland upsetting Bama, and of course Auburn upsetting Houston. 

And Vols beat Duke. Yes Vols are the higher seed but Duke is favored by 3.5. Would be close to a pick em if Zeigler wasn't out. I doubt Vols win though.  Also interesting to note KU is only a 3.5 favorite over Arky.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Likely has to be Creighton. Teams that don't make the semis of their conference tourneys like Baylor don't usually make long runs in the NCAA Tourney.

Any given game...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

muhammad-ali-cassius-clay.gif 

Perfect reference.  Bari has that Ali swagger 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Perfect reference.  Bari has that Ali swagger 

Absolutely! 

I bet it's fun watching a game here though. But this team just pulled a 16/1 upset. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

wait what? @AUwent

The Virginia-UMBC game was 2018, then the double dribble semifinal was 2019, then the tourney was cancelled in 2020. The joke was that Purdue will clearly beat us on a controversial call in the semifinals next year. So I joked that I hope the year after that doesn’t follow that pattern!

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Our boy Devan a chance to shine on big stage. 

Some of the craziest bounce I’ve ever seen for a college player. Dude would’ve been a dunk contest stud if we had one of those in college

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

And Vols beat Duke. Yes Vols are the higher seed but Duke is favored by 3.5. Would be close to a pick em if Zeigler wasn't out. I doubt Vols win though.  Also interesting to note KU is only a 3.5 favorite over Arky.

Definitely don't see Tenn beating Duke. Had Zeigler been around, maybe. But Duke is playing their best basketball right now. And Tenn's bigs will get into foul trouble early on. 

Tennessee only chance is a fist fight and that is exactly what they are doing. Some impressive defense so far. 

19 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Tennessee only chance is a fist fight and that is exactly what they are doing. Some impressive defense so far. 

I know a lot of ppl don’t care for Duke but Tennessee is getting away w a tons of fouls.  Their number 0 is assaulting someone nearly every trip down the court

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

The Virginia-UMBC game was 2018, then the double dribble semifinal was 2019, then the tourney was cancelled in 2020. The joke was that Purdue will clearly beat us on a controversial call in the semifinals next year. So I joked that I hope the year after that doesn’t follow that pattern!

I don’t get the joke. Saying you hope the 2025 season has a tournament teams off.

This is literally The Best day of College Basketball I ever remember. All our SEC Teams playing one right after the other. And my second favorite team behind AU (UCLA) playing also... Awesome day!

I'm crunk!

• Like 2