Hars vs. Hugh

LPTiger

On 5/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, eaglenest said:

Get out of here with this garbage, the CLOWN ruined this program with the help of some boosters and fans like yourself, Gus should have been fired 2 years prior to his dismissal. Brian was a marked man from day one all because of who hired him, Brian had to salvage the clown last recruiting class and jimmy made sure that his second one was going to be difficult, Gus was the worst coach to ever walked the sideline, he was a terrible leader of men and was easily influence by people like yourself for not playing a particular player. So you're good with a guy walking out of here with 21 million but the 5 million is just utterly ridiculous?!? those two examples should tell you why Auburn is predicted where you think they will end up# just Auburn being Auburn right? 

now go to bed..

How in the hell did fans ruin the program?

22 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The answer is much simpler…motivation.

Harsin came in with the mindset that his coaching would compensate for any lack of talent. He honestly thought that with sheer toughness and grit that he could Remember the Titans us into some wins. He did win at LSU and nearly beat Bama. That was with reasonable talent left on the team. Other than that, he was genuinely unmotivated to work off the clock. He would prefer to do…other things let’s say.

Freeze wasn’t my first pick. But dang is he motivated. Maybe it’s his legacy or how he is viewed in the sec or how his last major gig ended, but he is on a mission. He could always recruit, and he is genuine and straightforward. He works tirelessly on recruiting. He trusts his system and his coaches still to get him the Ws, but he knows he can’t count on toughness to win if he doesn’t have the players to do it. 

the difference is night and day. Truthfully, Hars is a good coach. He will be successful somewhere and Auburn was just a terrible match…anything anyone other than Alan Greene could have noticed on an interview. For the love. Anyway.

my mantra I’m telling people about Auburn now is “mess around and find out!” Don’t mess with auburn. We are an 8 win team next year with potential for 9. Then the next year…we are talking names. 

image.gif

• Love 1

On 5/7/2023 at 10:01 AM, LPTiger said:

Jimmy wasn't a fan because he didn't think Harsin was a good fit at Auburn and he felt Harsin didn't know how to succeed in the SEC.   As it turns out, he was 100% correct on both fronts.   If Jimmy had bought in could it have made a difference?   Maybe.   Harsin knew Jimmy wasn't a fan so Harsin let his pride get in the way and did absolutely nothing to try to build a bridge.  A wiser man would have made every effort to spend time with Jimmy and try to win him over.   This is a microcosm of the reason behind Harsin's failure.    Pride, lack of effort, being foolish, etc. etc.

This. So much this. Did the stuff in March have an effect on Harsin’s success? Maybe. But a) he became an easy target because he made no attempts to engage fans, boosters, or athletic department staff. He had no one in his corner. B)He failed about every way a coach could fail. Harsin was an idiot that thought he was god’s gift to football. He was doing everything wrong, and wouldn’t acknowledge any perspective, need, or idea other than his own. I used to work for a guy like this. He also was ousted.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 6:33 PM, LPTiger said:

Hars recruited from the portal a QB with a bum shoulder and Hugh recruited a kid with a 62% completion % and a school record TD passes in a year.    Hars added no olineman and Hugh added what 5?  Pass rush was clearly an issue and Hars did nothing there and Hugh flipped our highest rated recruit, added a veteran and then plucked another from the portal.  I don't think Hars wanted to fail, I just think he was in over his head...  Thoughts?

It seems to me Harsin thought he was being paid six mill a year to NOT recruit. In that capacity he did a hell of a job.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, DAG said:

Yep . I am surprised harsin made it so far in the collegiate game. He seems like he hates dealing with people and especially young adults. Might as well try to coach at the Pros if this is his approach.

This is why I never understood why AU recruiting tanked like it did.  IF Harsin hated dealing with people in the recruiting process, then why did he not let his SEC-experienced coaching staff handle that aspect?  IOW, Bobo/Mason/Friend/ Williams, Etheridge, etc. ALL were well versed and knew the SEC recruiting processes and territory and they knew what was needed to build an SEC contender.  

Did Harsin bulldoze their efforts and shut them down and not allow them to do what they were experienced in doing?  Did Harsin even listen to those coaches or was he dead set on doing things his way?

It's hard to fathom an alpha male like BH was downright lazy, a loafer and refused to work hard.  I could understand more if he was overpowering, domineering and wouldn't let his coaches (with SEC experience) have much input and wouldn't let them have a voice.  

10 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

This is why I never understood why AU recruiting tanked like it did.  IF Harsin hated dealing with people in the recruiting process, then why did he not let his SEC-experienced coaching staff handle that aspect?  IOW, Bobo/Mason/Friend/ Williams, Etheridge, etc. ALL were well versed and knew the SEC recruiting processes and territory and they knew what was needed to build an SEC contender.  

Did Harsin bulldoze their efforts and shut them down and not allow them to do what they were experienced in doing?  Did Harsin even listen to those coaches or was he dead set on doing things his way?

It's hard to fathom an alpha male like BH was downright lazy, a loafer and refused to work hard.  I could understand more if he was overpowering, domineering and wouldn't let his coaches (with SEC experience) have much input and wouldn't let them have a voice.  

From what I understood he gave them free rein in recruiting to an extent. I don’t think he had a single hand in it but he also limited their time in doing what they needed to do. 

Honestly , he just couldn’t hack it at this level. He was handed a big fish in a small pond program at Boise. He might be a quality coordinator but he shouldn’t touch being a HC at the power 5 level. 

• Like 1