Bama baseball Coach

The word is he placed a $20,000 bet with a chance to win $9,000.    So the guy throws away his $475,000 per year contract and his career for a chance to win the equivalent of a 3 year old jet ski, a used small tractor, a Ford with 150,000 miles, one Super Bowl ticket in the upper deck, etc. etc.    I struggle with what is the dumbest fact here (1) using your University phone for the text (2) blowing everything for a possible 9k (3) not knowing there were only going to be 2 other bets for $35 on the game.... 

• Facepalm 1

The betting line was LSU -245 which mean you bet $245 to win $100 on LSU. Most betting house would not even take a $20,000 bet on college baseball game and if they do a bet like that would stand out like a sore thumb. Its the dumbest bet of all time I would assume these guys know how betting works and all the security measures they have set up but apparently they don't.

It just does not make common sense........ mind blowing 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The betting line was LSU -245 which mean you bet $245 to win $100 on LSU. Most betting house would not even take a $20,000 bet on college baseball game and if they do a bet like that would stand out like a sore thumb. Its the dumbest bet of all time I would assume these guys know how betting works and all the security measures they have set up but apparently they don't.

Almost like he wanted to get caught. Maybe getting caught and punished was safer than the hole he was in/who he was in with

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Almost like he wanted to get caught. Maybe getting caught and punished was safer than the hole he was in/who he was in with

Hopefully we don't read about him falling up the stairs in the near future. 

• Like 1

This is a bad situation.  And even though it is Bama and I can't stand Bama, I'm glad none of their players were involved.  At least that's what the early report says.

There is a very foul odor spreading throughout the entire Alabama Athletic Department...basketball, football, and now baseball.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 3:12 PM, augolf1716 said:

Addictions overtake common sense every time. And gambling can be dangerously addictive. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

There is a very foul odor spreading throughout the entire Alabama Athletic Department...basketball, football, and now baseball.

Absolutely there is...win you win at all costs, eventually the costs catch up 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WillMunny said:

This is a bad situation.  And even though it is Bama and I can't stand Bama, I'm glad none of their players were involved.  At least that's what the early report says.

Their deal with devil, must have ran its course

• Like 1

There’s also a version going around that the guy placing the bet is on video and the cameras are able to capture a shot of his phone with Bohannon’s contact info on the screen as the bet is being placed 

• WarTiger changed the title to Bama baseball Coach
23 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

No way it actually went down as being portrayed.

POW, they have the guy placing the bet on camera.   They go to him and get his phone.   They see who he was talking with when he placed the bet.  It is pretty simple.   Cell phone data is hell of a thing...

• Like 1