2024 OV Thread

toddc

5-star safety KJ Bolden schedules OV: 'Auburn is just a real family-oriented place'

The No. 9 player in the country will officially visit Auburn this fall.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

5-star safety KJ Bolden schedules OV: 'Auburn is just a real family-oriented place'

The No. 9 player in the country will officially visit Auburn this fall.

He ain't wrong.

• Like 2

Preston Taumua

#1 player out of Hawaii says aloha Auburn 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Preston Taumua

#1 player out of Hawaii says aloha Auburn 

Give me all the Pacific island OL

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I think this is right @ellitor

I don’t have vip 

Edited by toddc

32 minutes ago, toddc said:

Martavious Collins 

I think this is right @ellitor

I don’t have vip 

Actually 4* TE Amir Jackson and the OV is July 29 for BCW. I will add it to the OP sometime in June.

• Like 1

This is what I’m talking about! He’s not Texas soft either! Am I right

@bigbird

Or is it Golf? Can’t remember. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is what I’m talking about! He’s not Texas soft either! Am I right

@bigbird

Or is it Golf? Can’t remember. 😝 

Gonna make a few of his games this year. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gonna make a few of his games this year. 

Remember, $100 handshakes are apparently now legal.😀

• Like 2

Click picture to see who’s on his list 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1

• Like 1

Elite OT Daniel Calhouts sets official visit to Auburn

JD McCarthy 

May 20, 2023 

Four-star prospect Daniel Calhoun is set to take an official visit to the Plains on June 12, according to a report from Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports.

Calhoun is from Marietta, Georgia, and has already taken multiple visits to Auburn. The 6-foot-7, 355-pounder already will have a busy June with official visits also scheduled to Georgia (June 2), Alabama(June 9), Tennessee (June 16) and Texas (June 23).

He is the No. 88 overall player and No. 5 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite ranking. He is also the No. 15 player from Georgia.

Auburn is still looking for its first commitment along the offensive line in the 2024 recruiting cycle.

https://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Calhoun-46103210/

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

4-star Georgia OL Caleb Holmes sets official visit to Auburn

Cole Pinkston

Photo by Jeremy Johnson/On3

Caleb Holmes, a 4-star interior offensive lineman from Fairburn (Ga.) Creekside, will officially visit Auburn on June 9 a source tells Auburn Live.

Holmes is the No. 257 overall player in the country and the No. 19 best interior offensive lineman in the country, and the No. 33 player in Georgia according to the On3 Industry Ranking.

Auburn is the current leader in Holmes’ RPM at 26.2 percent. The main factors in play for the RPM numbers are Auburn’s proximity to home and the fact that his official visit is locked in. This reflects the main factors in Holmes’ recruitment as well.

Holmes joins four other official visitors for the weekend of June 9 in 4-star corner Jalyn Crawford from Atlanta (Ga.) Parkview, 4-star safety Kensley Faustin from Naples (Fla.), 4-star wide receiver Chance Robinson from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, and unranked offensive lineman Coen Echols from Katy (Tex.).

[ The latest intel surrounding Holmes and his recruitment in regards to Auburn ]

Two strengths

Holmes is a road-grader as an interior offensive lineman. He is a lean 290 pounds and probably needs to add some more mass for college, but his raw power is very impressive. He can be seen picking defensive linemen up when locking on and turning with his extended reach.

Holmes is a problem when going one-on-one against a single defensive lineman. He is on the interior, so he often works combo blocks, but when he gets singled up, he wins those battles almost every time. He usually finishes blocks in a nasty way as well. 

One area for improvement

Pass blocking will probably bring a learning curve for Holmes early on in college. He hasn’t had to do much of it, and technique is the biggest concern. As for his athleticism, he should have no problem adjusting. From seeing him in action at the Under Armour Camp, he was not yet smooth with his pass set.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:59 PM, bigbird said:

Give me all the Pacific island OL

Always wondered why we didn’t recruit that area more often for linemen. It seemed to work out well for USC

• Like 1

Adding 3* LB Wyatt Simmons, 4* OG/C Caleb Holmes, 5* DL LJ McCray, 3* OG/C Jameson Riggs, & 3* DL Sean Sevillano to the OP.

In-state DB Rydarrius 'Red' Morgan locks in official visit to Auburn

Cole Pinkston

(Photo: Jeffrey Lee, Auburn Live)

Red Morgan, a 3-star defensive back from Phenix City (Ala.) Central, has locked in his official visit to Auburn for the weekend of June 12-14. 

Morgan is currently the No. 732 overall player in the country, the No. 75 overall safety, and the No. 33 player in the state of Alabama according to the On3 Industry Ranking.

According to Morgan, he currently holds offers from “Bama, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Texas, West Virginia, App State, Michigan State, Missouri, Cincy, Liberty, Southern Miss, Jacksonville State, Georgia Tech, and a couple more.”

As of right now, it is not clear where Morgan sits on the Tigers’ board, but he seems to be rising. Not to mention, he is teammates with top Auburn receiver target Cam Coleman. 

According to Morgan, he has some other official visits set as well.

“June 1 I’m going to be at Michigan State. The 9-11 I’m going to be at Cincy. Then the next weekend (16-18) we have school 7-on-7 and the last weekend I’ll be at Miami,” Morgan told Auburn Live’s Jeffrey Lee after his May 19 visit to Auburn.

A commitment decision will probably come fairly soon after his official visits.

“It will probably be before the season,” he said. “If not before the season, it’ll probably be between the first 2-3 games during the season, early in the season.”

Two strengths

Morgan is quick, reactionary, and has good long-speed as well. He can burst to a ball-carrier or a spot on the field lightning quick. Many of his highlight show him chasing down the ball-carrier.

Physicality is not going to be an issue for Morgan. He’s a heat-seeking missile as a tackler. He is suited to play safety for his reactiveness, but can play on the boundary and walk up in the box to make things happen as well. 

One area for improvement

One of the reasons he is chasing down ball-carriers at times (not always) is because he can get lost with his eyes at times. That, of course, is correctable and not a consistent habit. When he combines his eyes with his other skills, he can be a quick contributor on the SEC level.

• Like 1