2025 5* SF Cooper Flagg

cole256

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I’ve seen guys in both basketball and football get killed unfairly and I've seen guys get all the praise unjustly, why are you fighting for this guy? I don't recall you fighting the good fight for other people

Who have you seen me unfairly criticize? I’m pretty sure I’ve never said much, if anything, negative about Flan, but I understand folks being disappointed with recent play. I hate that he hasn’t yet regained his form since the injury. I thought he was on the verge of a great year. I don’t know anything about the off the court stuff, but I wasn’t confident we’d necessarily find a better player, even with his inconsistency. I hope we have.

My point here was simple. JP’s 10 games as a true freshman weren’t, by themselves, much of a gauge for anything, but he wasn’t below average or D2 guy. He started at Auburn as a freshman and did some things well. Few below average or D2 players have done that in this decade. That characterization by you is one of the most unfair I’ve seen.

Many players (football & basketball) who transfer from Auburn don’t go on to start at Power 5 schools and put up respectable numbers. He has. He’s clearly shown he belongs in D1 basketball. I suspect his career ends there, at least in this country.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am sure you didn't, but I am talking about the elite of the elite. Like track, you rarely see a white individual at the very top or the face of basketball. It would be the same discussion if it was a black hockey player who was #1 overall. It is totally okay to objectively notice that, just like when Peyton Hillis went off in the NFL. It was not solely because he was a fullback. 

To some it matters, to me it don't.  Just my opinion.  Elite or not.

This thread reminds of of a show called “Point, Counter Point “, where nobody wins the debate but it sure is entertaining! 😆 

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To some it matters, to me it don't.  Just my opinion.  Elite or not.

That is fine. In retrospect, saying race doesn't matter is a huge cop-out IMO, but we can save that for politics. Agree to disagree.

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Who have you seen me unfairly criticize? I’m pretty sure I’ve never said much, if anything, negative about Flan. I hate that he hasn’t yet regained his form since the injury. I thought he was on the verge of a great year. I don’t know anything about the off the court stuff, but I wasn’t confident we’d necessarily find a better player, even with his inconsistency. I hope we have.

My point here was simple. JP’s 10 games as a true freshman weren’t, by themselves, much of a gauge for anything, but he wasn’t below average or D2 guy. He started at Auburn as a freshman and did some things well. Few below average or D2 players have done that in this decade. That characterization by you is one of the most unfair I’ve seen.

Many players (football & basketball) who transfer from Auburn don’t go on to start at Power 5 schools and put up respectable numbers. He has. He’s clearly shown he belongs in D1 basketball. I suspect his career ends there, at least in this country.

So I guess you misread the quote you highlighted I didn't say you unfairlycriticize anyone. There has been many D2 guys leave and start at D1 schools. We have one coming in for us as we speak. 

And lastly once again I have more info on this particular guy because he transferred to a school where I have connections to. So I know about his performance in training, practice, games, even pick up. I know how he was viewed amongst his peers. Now if he means so much to some of you that you refuse to believe anything anybody has to say cool. 

I'm going to move on from this but I think this in itself proves my point. I could be wrong but I don't see getting into a back and forth if I said Malik wasn't that good, or samir wasn't that good. But cool.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is fine. In retrospect, saying race doesn't matter is a huge cop-out IMO, but we can save that for politics. Agree to disagree.

This is when the forever unknown narrative is brought up....And you're not feeding in to it.

Is it you supposed to feed into it or you don't supposed to. Because it's used so passive aggressive and sarcastic I don't even know which one is the point 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is fine. In retrospect, saying race doesn't matter is a huge cop-out IMO, but we can save that for politics. 

Not really a cop out. Just wasn't something I obsessed about or noticed when I was playing. 

Just now, cole256 said:

This is when the forever unknown narrative is brought up....And you're not feeding in to it.

Is it you supposed to feed into it or you don't supposed to. Because it's used so passive aggressive and sarcastic I don't even know which one is the point 😂😂

There is a lot I can say to comments like that as a minority, but unfortunately, this medium will not prevail in that cause hahaha. Better to let sleeping dogs lay, tbh. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

There is a lot I can say to comments like that as a minority, but unfortunately, this medium will not prevail in that cause hahaha. Better to let sleeping dogs lay, tbh. 

So I was writing yesterday next to my wife and she was like who was I texting and I told her I'm writing on this forum and blah blah blah. But we actually laughed and a thought similar to this. She asked what is the narrative and that's when it hit me that I didn't even know what was being implied.

But she said what if two people were arguing and what if the entire time the so called narrative was correct? Then you'd literally have a long drawn out argument where the truth was obviously there the entire time and it was openly laughed at and mocked....future generation will read it and think our ancestors were morons 😂😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I guess you misread the quote you highlighted I didn't say you unfairlycriticize anyone. There has been many D2 guys leave and start at D1 schools. We have one coming in for us as we speak. 

And lastly once again I have more info on this particular guy because he transferred to a school where I have connections to. So I know about his performance in training, practice, games, even pick up. I know how he was viewed amongst his peers. Now if he means so much to some of you that you refuse to believe anything anybody has to say cool. 

I'm going to move on from this but I think this in itself proves my point. I could be wrong but I don't see getting into a back and forth if I said Malik wasn't that good, or samir wasn't that good. But cool.

“I’m Cole. I know basketball. I also have access to private personal opinions you don’t, so when I tell you a guy who just started 34 games at a power 5 school where he averaged more minutes than any other player on the team should be in D2, the fact that you don’t blindly accept my opinion proved my point. To further prove my point I’m going to wildly speculate about what you would do if I had said something absurd about another guy because this is how I think reasonable discourse works.”

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I was writing yesterday next to my wife and she was like who was I texting and I told her I'm writing on this forum and blah blah blah. But we actually laughed and a thought similar to this. She asked what is the narrative and that's when it hit me that I didn't even know what was being implied.

But she said what if two people were arguing and what if the entire time the so called narrative was correct? Then you'd literally have a long drawn out argument where the truth was obviously there the entire time and it was openly laughed at and mocked....future generation will read it and think our ancestors were morons 😂😂

Your wife should provide some more wisdom on these forums. That is quite the insight. Funny enough, my partner is the same way when I am on these forums. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

“I’m Cole. I know basketball. I also have access to private personal opinions you don’t, so when I tell you a guy who just started 34 games at a power 5 school where he averaged more minutes than any other player on the team should be in D2, the fact that you don’t blindly accept my opinion proved my point. To further prove my point I’m going to wildly speculate about what you would do if I had said something absurd about another guy because this is how I think reasonable discourse works.”

I'm Texas Tiger, I know everything. I have no reason or nothing to offer to say why I know everything I use terms like power 5 school and I go out of my way to find a stat to mislead and I'll use it over and over. Then when all else fails I'll just jumble up thoughts and try to personally attack. 

I'll never say somebody else is more informed than me! So what if he knows stuff I don't have access to I'll Google how he shot 83% from the free throw line in high school....that proves he can play against the best of the best!

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I'll be waiting for you to say something similar to some of the other posters!

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm Texas Tiger, I know everything. I have no reason or nothing to offer to say why I know everything I use terms like power 5 school and I go out of my way to find a stat to mislead and I'll use it over and over. Then when all else fails I'll just jumble up thoughts and try to personally attack. 

I'll never say somebody else is more informed than me! So what if he knows stuff I don't have access to I'll Google how he shot 83% from the free throw line in high school....that proves he can play against the best of the best!

All the “knowledge” in the world can’t save a poorly formed, rambling, shifting argument. There are a few areas for which I possess reasonable expertise. Funny, though. Folks want to hear me say things more convincing than “I know stuff” or “I’ve been right before, but no one gave me credit!” 

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'll be waiting for you to say something similar to some of the other posters!

I don’t hit every thread, but if I do notice someone saying a player who started for us, transferred to major D1 program (even if they have less status than us), starts every game and plays more minutes than anyone else on the team and puts up decent numbers should be in D2, I’ll point out I think it’s absurd. If I don’t see it, please point it out to me.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

All the “knowledge” in the world can’t save a poorly formed, rambling, shifting argument. There are a few areas for which I possess reasonable expertise. Funny, though. Folks want to hear me say things more convincing than “I know stuff” or “I’ve been right before, but no one gave me credit!” 

Lies. But you are a hell of a googler. But keep on with the power 5 conference and all that talk and I'll pretend you're not doing a horrible job of being misleading. 

I imagine you might have expertise being one of the guys that name YouTube videos that when you click on them it has nothing to do with it's name. I can see that

Sorry, I was looking for info about a basketball recruit. I’ll move along so you can continue your intellectual discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lies. But you are a hell of a googler. But keep on with the power 5 conference and all that talk and I'll pretend you're not doing a horrible job of being misleading. 

I imagine you might have expertise being one of the guys that name YouTube videos that when you click on them it has nothing to do with it's name. I can see that

Cite the “lies.”

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I say what I say about Powell because when he left I said it wouldn't be a big deal and people went crazy telling me he was the best player on the team and he was an future all conference player and anybody can see how good he is don't give a damn what Cole says and all of that. So when it comes up was he over hyped, I'm literally the person people went at about him and he was absolutely over hyped. Me saying he's probably a D2 player came within that discussion. 

This explains a lot. You’re continuing a 3 year old discussion instead of responding to what I actually said.

10 hours ago, im4aual said:

Sorry, I was looking for info about a basketball recruit. I’ll move along so you can continue your intellectual discussion. 

Grew up a Duke fan & AU not listed (yet) as an offered school:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/news/duke-basketball-recruiting-cooper-flagg-dominates-nike-eybl-session-4-in-front-of-top-schools/

• Like 1

It's similar to why everyone was enamored when Spud Webb won the dunk contest.

The unlikely hero is always cheered for, no matter the sport or other factors.

• Like 3

Jeremy Lin is another example. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Jeremy Lin is another example. 

Just read an article talking Yao Ming impact over a billion people that's still to this day being felt.

• Like 1

Something needs to be done to get Flagg's attention at Auburn. He is completely game changing. I've had my eye on him for a while now.