2025 5* SF Cooper Flagg

cole256

Don't know if we are even on the radar but we need to be. May be the best white dude I've seen coming out of high school and let's be real we really want a good white dude here.

This guy would legit be the best player on the team no hype, no exaggeration, all earned. Get him the NIL or whatever is needed. 

Also he is legit the type of forward I'm trying to describe to everybody that we need to try to get every two to three years if we want to be a powerhouse. He's basically a guard offensively but a power forward defensively. 

He's even got a little nasty to his game. I've loved every film I've seen on this kid. He's the best player EVERY SINGLE GAME and he knows it. And what's better he makes sure everybody else knows it too. He'll be a top 3 pick

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I had some of his clips randomly show up on my YT feed this week.  I was shocked at how smooth his shot was.  His size and shot reminded me of jabari but he seemed more comfortable going to the hoop than jabari.  The clips I watched seemed to be against reasonable opposition and not cupcakes.  He just stood out, wasn’t bothered by the defenders or the chirping they were giving him … quiet calm confidence.

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* SF Cooper Flagg

Just watched a few of his highlight films. Cole you are correct he is very smooth, He scores in multiple ways to the rack hard pumps through contact around the basket pull up jump shots has good timing on defense as a rim protector.  Has a very good handle. The only thing I didn't see was a 3 point game. But looking at his form when shooting mid- range shots if he doesn't have a 3 point shot he will.  His shooting form is clean and effortless and at his height not many people will contest it. One thing I really liked when he went inside against really tall big men he created separation to allow him to get shot off cleanly. 

He's the #1/2 player in the class.  Yes he would be the best player on the team

The young man can play and we need ANY young men who can play.

But I'm confused by "... let's be real we really want a good white dude here." Please explain what you were intending to say here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AURex said:

The young man can play and we need ANY young men who can play.

But I'm confused by "... let's be real we really want a good white dude here." Please explain what you were intending to say here.

Diversity is a good thing.

Cole started this thread and everybody who has seen his film loves him. The real question is have we been recruiting him and if so has he shown any interest in Auburn.

I think we would all be shocked if the kid had any interest in Auburn but hope I'm wrong. I would expect him to OV at Duke, Kansas, UNC, UConn, and maybe Gonzaga and a couple more.

I'm not doubting that the young man can play. I'm not doubting the potential recruiting interest by our coaches.

I'm just not sure why "maybe the best white dude" and "we really want a good white dude here" is a factor in this.

Seems like, to me, we would want to recruit the absolute best players we can get. And I'm all about that!

What does "white dude" have to do with anything?

I'm just asking for clarification, because this is not the political forum. Just asking about the issue so prominent in the OP about him being a "white dude." 

Tell us about that, Cole. Why is that an issue for you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Come on man … I’m sure part of people saying that is in jest.  But let’s be honest it’s not the majority of kids.  To me it’s along the lines of “white men can’t jump” type of light heartedness … I personally get a snicker out of it … and would love that kid on our team … 

• Love 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:25 PM, AURex said:

I'm not doubting that the young man can play. I'm not doubting the potential recruiting interest by our coaches.

I'm just not sure why "maybe the best white dude" and "we really want a good white dude here" is a factor in this.

Seems like, to me, we would want to recruit the absolute best players we can get. And I'm all about that!

What does "white dude" have to do with anything?

I'm just asking for clarification, because this is not the political forum. Just asking about the issue so prominent in the OP about him being a "white dude." 

Tell us about that, Cole. Why is that an issue for you?

Not Cole, but I think it comes down to how white players have been viewed here. Take Justin Powell as an example. A below average player that many on this board viewed could do no wrong or overlooked his mistakes. Now compare his treatment with that of AF, whose game was constantly put under a microscope and many would trade AF for JP even though AF was a much better player than JP, and you can see where Cole is coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Just watched a few of his highlight films. Cole you are correct he is very smooth, He scores in multiple ways to the rack hard pumps through contact around the basket pull up jump shots has good timing on defense as a rim protector.  Has a very good handle. The only thing I didn't see was a 3 point game. But looking at his form when shooting mid- range shots if he doesn't have a 3 point shot he will.  His shooting form is clean and effortless and at his height not many people will contest it. One thing I really liked when he went inside against really tall big men he created separation to allow him to get shot off cleanly. 

ANT, take a look at the video Logger posted.   The kid was 4 for 4 on 3's😀

“let's be real we really want a good white dude here”.

I really want a  good any color player for the record.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, arein0 said:

Not Cole, but I think it comes down to how white players have been viewed here. Take Justin Powell as an example. A below average player that many on this board viewed could do no wrong or overlooked his mistakes. Now compare his treatment with that of AF, whose game was constantly put under a microscope and many would trade AF for JP even though AF was a much better player than JP, and you can see where Cole is coming from.

FTR, AF was a cancer

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Bold claim without details. Not saying incorrect, just bold. Please share.

There is some of it floating around. I'll ask if I can share what I know.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There is some of it floating around. I'll ask if I can share what I know.

Asked not to, but if anyone else wants to put it out there I'd be more than happy to discuss what they've heard. 😉

16 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Not surprised. Just surprised Bruce allowed it.

With his dad being a coach I can imagine it would be a tough situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

With his dad being a coach I can imagine it would be a tough situation.

You wouldn't believe just how tough he made things, AF not WF

• Like 1

I said it because he's white and out of all the white players I've seen coming out he may be the best. LeBron is black and I don't think he's as good as LeBron when he came out so I can't say he's the best player I've seen period. But I still wanted people to understand how good I thought he was.

If we be real you guys know how we over hype a few white dudes here but if for any reason we want to pretend that doesn't happen that's cool too. In general I feel that a super good white dude will generate extra buzz, something like luka. 

There's nothing wrong with hoping or cheering for a guy that looks like you. The fan base is mostly white having a guard/forward that's white in a mostly black game would generate more money and get more exposure. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1