Victims' Families Outraged, Want New 9/11 Panel

Tiger in Spain

EXCERPT:

The families of 9/11 victims are outraged that military spies were blocked from sharing key intelligence they believe could have averted the terrorist attacks – and are calling for a new commission to investigate.

"I’m angry that my son's death could have been prevented," Diana Horning, whose son was killed at the World Trade Center, told the New York Post.

"It outrages me because it's taken four years to come out."

Horning and other family members of 9/11 victims are up in arms over the disclosure that the elite military intelligence unit "Able Danger" had identified Mohamed Atta and three other Sept. 11 hijackers more than a year before the attacks, but military lawyers stopped the unit from sharing that information with the FBI.

"I don't think you can understate the significance here," Mindy Kleinberg, a member of the Sept. 11 Advocates, a coalition of family members, told the Post.

"You're talking about the four lead hijackers. If we shared information and did surveillance on them, there is no telling what we could have uncovered and what we could have thwarted.

"I think we do need a new commission, and that's really sad."

Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., vice chairman of the House Armed Services and Homeland Security committees, has said the Sept. 11 Commission did not adequately investigate the report that four of the hijackers had been identified.

Link

This time, in addition to Jamie Gorelick, the libs can get Michael Moore, George Soros, and Al Franken himself on the panel.

In all honesty though, I hope they do actually investigate this. The last one was nothing but a political carney show. The truth is now coming out and it isn't what the libs and the MSM tried to lead us to believe.

Let this be an end all investigfation into why would someone ever write the Gorelick memo in the first place. HOW STOOPID! Lets investigate why we cannot share info between agencies. Lets investigate why the American taxpayers should pay 2-3-4 times for the same info.

Archived