Johns Hopkins med school defines “woman” by eliminating women

TexasTiger

Some have asked about my interest in this issue. This illustrates one of my key concerns. I’ve said much of the ideology surrounding the current transgender movement is misogynistic and homophobic, particularly against lesbians. Johns Hopkins illustrates the issue many of my feminist and lesbian friends have been articulating while being dismissed as hysterical transphobes.
AE868883-6813-44B1-8A13-CB7E2FDF90E6.jpeg

For those who say don’t make this a political issue, they miss the point that a political movement has rapidly developed around what was previously a personal issue. Political movements are defined thusly:

“A political movement is a collective attempt by a group of people to change government policy or social values. Political movements are usually in opposition to an element of the status quo, and are often associated with a certain ideology.”

Changing policy and social values start with language and definitions. What is a woman supposed to think about this definition? A lesbian? How do they not see the obvious erasure? The “otherness” assigned to womanhood? 

What’s a woman? A non-man. What’s a man. Regular human, I guess. Who did Johns Hopkins, one of the most preeminent medical schools in the country turn to for their glossary? A trans woman.

5245C9AA-7A58-40C0-AAB2-321D1925FD69.jpeg

I have no problem with a transgendered individual. I want them treated with dignity and respect, like any other person. But there is an ideology being pushed and women, in particular, have valid reasons to be concerned and push back. Any genuine progressive will realize this. Democrats need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize we can support trans people without subverting our language in a way that is misogynistic.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Johns Hopkins takes down glossary “upon becoming aware of the language in question,” as if they were hacked. But the fact this passed initial vetting demonstrates the implicit misogyny at many societal institutions. Folks read that and thought, “looks good!” 

DA37FFD9-4943-420E-9DF8-6D39D16387F9.jpeg

The liberal madness continues on.

On 6/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, TexasTiger said:

I have no problem with a transgendered individual. I want them treated with dignity and respect, like any other person. But there is an ideology being pushed and women, in particular, have valid reasons to be concerned and push back.

Spot on. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The liberal madness continues on.

This is the part of "American Liberalism" where I part ways. To many in the politics of it all, you are either 100% with their thinking OR you are 100% against them, history, Progressivism, etc. 

They can never allow anyone to disagree even a smidge with them. They must be held as always 100% correct and even when their natural allies disagree with them, that all must be shouted down and have insults hurled at them. No thinking person can truly hold that Trans women need to be in sports. But NOW, you cant even have a sane rational discussion about this without the crazies coming out of the woodwork.

The LGB folks are correct on this one.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This is the part of "American Liberalism" where I part ways. To many in the politics of it all, you are either 100% with their thinking OR you are 100% against them, history, Progressivism, etc. 

They can never allow anyone to disagree even a smidge with them. They must be held as always 100% correct and even when their natural allies disagree with them, that all must be shouted down and have insults hurled at them. No thinking person can truly hold that Trans women need to be in sports. But NOW, you cant even have a sane rational discussion about this without the crazies coming out of the woodwork.

The LGB folks are correct on this one.

This is the issue many on the identity left act like the right do on most issues.

• Haha 1