War Declared on Russia

TexasTiger

By the Wagner group, who worked for Putin. The most professional “army” they had. It’s not clear what will happen, but this appears to be game changing.

Prigozhin is all over the place. Hard to get a bead on him.

This could be big though. 

44 minutes ago, GoAU said:

This could be a real image.jpeg

Yeah. Lot of chaos and there are a lot of bad outcomes. 

Most likely scenario here is that Prigozhin is committing a very elaborate act of suicide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Most likely scenario here is that Prigozhin is committing a very elaborate act of suicide.

Chaos in a country with lots of nukes=bad news.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

True, but that makes him very dangerous to Putin. Basically his only hope is to go all the way with it. 

I have no idea if he can do it, or if he just thinks he can.

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

True, but that makes him very dangerous to Putin. Basically his only hope is to go all the way with it. 

Does Prig have any military training?   Wasn't he Putin's chef?

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

No training that I know of. All I've ever heard was that he got his fortune in food. He started a number of restaurants, I believe, but really started to rake it in when he began catering and got government contracts. Started Wagner about a decade ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He's a mobster

12 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Or decided he had no choice.

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Or decided he had no choice.

Also true. 

Wonder if we'll ever know the whole truth here. Did the Russian military finally have enough of him and actually attack, or did he orchestrate it in order to have a legitimate reason to strike? Wouldn't be surprised either way. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I don't see too many good outcomes for Prig in general.   Poor guy burned the boats....

The statements by Wagner, going all the way back to Syria have led me to conclude they've grown too large for their britches and think they can do whatever they want.   Don't see this playing out too well for them, but I also see Putin's seat growing a little warm....

14 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Also true. 

Wonder if we'll ever know the whole truth here. Did the Russian military finally have enough of him and actually attack, or did he orchestrate it in order to have a legitimate reason to strike? Wouldn't be surprised either way. 

Seems like there’s a lot of angling for position in that rathole.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Seems like there’s a lot of angling for position in that rathole.

Real problem is that even if Putin is overthrown, I don't know how much we can trust the next guy, whomever it may be.

I'm not even sure I trust Navalny. Guy is very charismatic and says the right things, but there's something about him that unnerves me. 

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Real problem is that even if Putin is overthrown, I don't know how much we can trust the next guy, whomever it may be.

I'm not even sure I trust Navalny. Guy is very charismatic and says the right things, but there's something about him that unnerves me. 

He’s got no power base if Putin is overturned by force. Prig is no better. I don’t see democracy rising from this. I see regional leaders arising.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s got no power base if Putin is overturned by force. Prig is no better. I don’t see democracy rising from this. I see regional leaders arising.

A fractured Russia is an unpredictable Russia.

But we're putting the cart before the horse. Let's see if he can actually hang Shoigu in the red square first. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

A fractured Russia is an unpredictable Russia.

But we're putting the cart before the horse. Let's see if he can actually hang Shoigu in the red square first. 

Indeed.

Sorry. It's a shitpost but I did chuckle. 

• Like 1

Russian troops are, for the most part, laying down their weapons and allowing the Wagner forces to pass.  They now control the Southern HQ for the Russian Army.  Prigozhin has openly declared that the Ukraine invasion is an illegal and unwarranted war that has resulted in killing mostly Russian speaking Ukrainians. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-24/prigozhin-military-sites-in-rostov-on-don-under-wagner-control/102520100