Another log on the Biden family fire

GoAU

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Unhinged tribalism.

Agreed. Garland does seem to prescribe to a bit of unhinged tribalism since he became AG.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What could make someone have "utter contempt" for a man that has never been in the public sphere and was always a moderate judge on the bench?

Never been in the public sphere?  As the AG, he is absolutely in the public sphere and the manner in which he is leading the agencies in the DOJ is absolute garbage.  

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 12:00 AM, autigeremt said:

It's just as clear as it has ever been....the ruling class has all the power and will wield it to keep themselves clear of any danger even if the danger is of their own creation....and the head-in-the-sand class will continue to support them even as they themselves walk off a cliff and into the abyss. 

Pathetic 

The late great George Carlin described it this way. The politicians are there for the illusion that we have a choice. But they are owned by the corporate masters who make the important decisions. The politicians are also there to divide us and keep us arguing about stupid stuff (laptops, bud light, indictments, etc…) while they run off with the money. He was delivering this stuff from the comedy stage back in the 80s and 90s. It was accurate then and it is even more accurate now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

That's one way to view it. 

There is a misinformation issue across the board. MSM created the issue initially when it became obvious it was hostile to any other viewpoints except the corporate funded, and often DNC approved narrative. I'd go into details, but if you think MSM doesn't lie, and often, we probably can't start the basic conversation. That drove many conservative thinkers away from MSM to find sources they could get more honest news. That's been hard for many like me. And sometimes it involves getting duped and adjusting and moving on. That doesn't ever mean go back to MSM. That's like going back to an abusive ex because your current significant other is also abusive. You keep searching.

Alt news sources have gotten things right when MSM hasn't, too. The truth probably lies in a middle of all of it, but deciphering through all that is a literal full time job. The difference is I'm willing to admit alt news sources are a mixed bag that requires some care when consuming, but worth it for me because i already know what Im getting with the MSM. Very few liberals recognize MSM for what it is.

So I am telling the conservatives on this forum, don't let people restrict what source is considered reliable by liberal standards. You'll all pile on and cite outlandish examples, and conservatives will cite examples where MSM lied, and so on. In the end we are left with no news we can trust. That's what's sad. Death of journalism.

Welcome to my World.

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you might have missed it, but the House Oversight Committee Chairman has sources that claim 9 Biden family members have received money from foreign nationals including a grandchild.  Why would grandchild receive money from foreign nationals?

WASHINGTON — House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer identified nine members of President Biden’s family Wednesday who allegedly received foreign income after teasing the bombshell for weeks.

“Since you asked, I’ll tell you,” Comer (R-Ky.) told a rapt room of reporters at the Capitol after laying out new bank record evidence showing first son Hunter Biden received $1 million from a corrupt Romanian businessman while his dad was vice president.

“Joe Biden’s son [Hunter], Joe Biden’s brother [James], Joe Biden’s brother’s wife [Sara], Hunter Biden’s girlfriend or Beau Biden’s widow [Hallie], however, you want to write that, Hunter Biden’s ex-wife [Kathleen Buhle], Hunter Biden’s current wife [Melissa Cohen], and three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother,” Comer said.

The chairman seemed to indicate that only one of Biden’s grandchildren and two of his brother’s children got the foreign funds.

“We’re talking about grandchil — a grandchild,” Comer said at the press conference. “That’s odd, most people that work hard every day’s grandchild doesn’t get a wire from a foreign national.” 

James Biden has three children, including daughter Caroline, who pleaded guilty in 2018 to making over $100,000 in charges on a stolen credit card.

Emails from Hunter’s abandoned laptop show Caroline turned up her nose at an $85,000 job offer that would have allowed her to serve her probationary period near her beloved cousin in California.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/nine-biden-family-members-who-allegedly-got-foreign-money-identified-by-house-gop/

This article is from May 10th, so updated from the March article.

Now if you are saying this source doesn’t prove anything, you are right, but it sure does raise questions or should.  Why the media is stonewalling is beyond me.  If you combine this article with the whistleblower accusations that the IRS agents were not allowed to talk to the Biden children and grandchild to further investigate you can see someone is not telling the truth.

Hence, further investigations should be performed, yet many on the left want to runaway from this.  It seems as though there is more smoke here than the Steele Dossier ever had.

CBS finally as mentioned these allegations on their newscast.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-biden-investigation-irs-whistleblower-gary-shapley-says-he-was-stopped-from-pursuing-leads/

More to follow, if allowed.

It is part and parcel of 50 f'in years in DC.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is exactly why I didn't vote for Biden in the Democratic primary.  I knew Hunter would be weaponized to attack him.

Gotta weaponize something since their policies mostly suck.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Gotta weaponize something since their policies mostly suck.

Truth. When you cant talk policy, demonize the bastards running against you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoAU said:

Never been in the public sphere?  As the AG, he is absolutely in the public sphere and the manner in which he is leading the agencies in the DOJ is absolute garbage.  

You had commented that your opinion of Garland was not a result of the Hunter Biden case.  I don't know what he has done in 2 years that would create so much animosity?  He appointed special counsel to oversee the classified docs cases and the Jan 6th investigation.

Does Bill Barr also carry blame or did it all start the day Garland was sworn in as AG?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You had commented that your opinion of Garland was not a result of the Hunter Biden case.  I don't know what he has done in 2 years that would create so much animosity?  He appointed special counsel to oversee the classified docs cases and the Jan 6th investigation.

Does Bill Barr also carry blame or did it all start the day Garland was sworn in as AG?

Actually the vast majority of it comes from the illegitimate / illegal/ unconstitutional weaponization of federal agencies - for example the FBI against parents in school board meetings, the actions the ATF has taken against gun owners and licensed dealers, etc.   I’m really not looking to derail this thread into these rabbit holes we’ve been down a millions times before, but it suffices to say I think he tries to run the DOJ like some type of liberal Gestapo - regardless of the law and the constitution. 

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1