Another log on the Biden family fire

GoAU

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s hard to live a conspiracy filled life in which one constantly blames others when they can’t factually support their rantings and ravings.

When I first came on this board years ago I was one of two regular posters thought of as “progressive.” @Tiger Al was the other. Many of those deemed conservative at the time largely had views that were at least connected to demonstrable facts that folks could have different perspectives on. Now, many so-called conservatives just throw out mindless crap they’ve heard and resent anyone questioning- claim they’re somehow victims. Sad! I miss informed conservatives. They made me think and sometimes changed my mind. Good times. 

That's one way to view it. 

There is a misinformation issue across the board. MSM created the issue initially when it became obvious it was hostile to any other viewpoints except the corporate funded, and often DNC approved narrative. I'd go into details, but if you think MSM doesn't lie, and often, we probably can't start the basic conversation. That drove many conservative thinkers away from MSM to find sources they could get more honest news. That's been hard for many like me. And sometimes it involves getting duped and adjusting and moving on. That doesn't ever mean go back to MSM. That's like going back to an abusive ex because your current significant other is also abusive. You keep searching.

Alt news sources have gotten things right when MSM hasn't, too. The truth probably lies in a middle of all of it, but deciphering through all that is a literal full time job. The difference is I'm willing to admit alt news sources are a mixed bag that requires some care when consuming, but worth it for me because i already know what Im getting with the MSM. Very few liberals recognize MSM for what it is.

So I am telling the conservatives on this forum, don't let people restrict what source is considered reliable by liberal standards. You'll all pile on and cite outlandish examples, and conservatives will cite examples where MSM lied, and so on. In the end we are left with no news we can trust. That's what's sad. Death of journalism.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

There is a misinformation issue across the board. MSM created the issue initially when it became obvious it was hostile to any other viewpoints except the corporate funded, and often DNC approved narrative. I'd go into details, but if you think MSM doesn't lie, and often, we probably can't start the basic conversation. That drove many conservative thinkers away from MSM to find sources they could get more honest news. That's been hard for many like me. And sometimes it involves getting duped and adjusting and moving on. That doesn't ever mean go back to MSM. That's like going back to an abusive ex because your current significant other is also abusive. You keep searching.

Alt news sources have gotten things right when MSM hasn't, too. The truth probably lies in a middle of all of it, but deciphering through all that is a literal full time job. The difference is I'm willing to admit alt news sources are a mixed bag that requires some care when consuming, but worth it for me because i already know what Im getting with the MSM. Very few liberals recognize MSM for what it is.

So I am telling the conservatives on this forum, don't let people restrict what source is considered reliable by liberal standards. You'll all pile on and cite outlandish examples, and conservatives will cite examples where MSM lied, and so on. In the end we are left with no news we can trust. That's what's sad. Death of journalism.

I’m not defending the “MSM.” Media is often sloppy and revenue driven and assessing information requires discernment from anyone. But when someone broad makes speculative claims on here they are often repeating what they’ve heard from conservative media. Thus, the importance of relying on demonstrable evidence.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not defending the “MSM.” Media is often sloppy and revenue driven and assessing information requires discernment from anyone. But when someone broad speculative claims on here they are often repeating what they’ve heard from conservative media. Thus, the importance of relying on demonstrable evidence.

I'm more ok with your phrasing here. I think a look at the evidence is key, and not just the sources. Many don't have time, including myself, and get caught in the webs of a quick summary. I just don't like the demand on this site that credible sources can only be used. I'm not even sure there are any credible sources I can trust at face value left. Show me the evidence and let's figure it out. Any source can be right or wrong in this day.

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm more ok with your phrasing here. I think a look at the evidence is key, and not just the sources. Many don't have time, including myself, and get caught in the webs of a quick summary. I just don't like the demand on this site that credible sources can only be used. I'm not even sure there are any credible sources I can trust at face value left. Show me the evidence and let's figure it out. Any source can be right or wrong in this day.

But if one is saying “money is spread across the whole [insert family name here] family” shouldn’t they cite some source for such a sweeping claim that is critical to their very argument?

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

But if one is saying “money is spread across the whole [insert family name here] family” shouldn’t they cite some source for such a sweeping claim that is critical to their very argument?

Bringing the evidence should be an ok thing to expect. And I wasn't trying to say it wasn't when I chimed in to GoAU. Just that where that evidence comes from doesn't need to be the sticking point as many on here might believe. Oh well this is from NY Post, therefore it's trash. Well turns out, they have credible evidence sometimes. As does WAPO sometimes, and so on. The evidence matters more. Dismissing it because of the source is wrong imo. On either side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Bringing the evidence should be an ok thing to expect. And I wasn't trying to say it wasn't when I chimed in to GoAU. Just that where that evidence comes from doesn't need to be the sticking point as many on here might believe. Oh well this is from NY Post, therefore it's trash. Well turns out, they have credible evidence sometimes. As does WAPO sometimes, and so on. The evidence matters more. Dismissing it because of the source is wrong imo. On either side.

Well I didn’t criticize his source. I criticized the total absence of a source.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Well I didn’t criticize his source. I criticized the total absence of a source.

I'm sure that's not usually followed by a criticism of the source. I've seen that game here before.

But I dont want to assume, so sorry. I saw he linked a NY Post article that i havent had tome to read. Not sure if more is coming or what.

I feel like we got decent discussion between the two of us for the first time. I'm just gonna be happy and leave it at that.

49 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you might have missed it, but the House Oversight Committee Chairman has sources that claim 9 Biden family members have received money from foreign nationals including a grandchild.  Why would grandchild receive money from foreign nationals?

WASHINGTON — House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer identified nine members of President Biden’s family Wednesday who allegedly received foreign income after teasing the bombshell for weeks.

“Since you asked, I’ll tell you,” Comer (R-Ky.) told a rapt room of reporters at the Capitol after laying out new bank record evidence showing first son Hunter Biden received $1 million from a corrupt Romanian businessman while his dad was vice president.

“Joe Biden’s son [Hunter], Joe Biden’s brother [James], Joe Biden’s brother’s wife [Sara], Hunter Biden’s girlfriend or Beau Biden’s widow [Hallie], however, you want to write that, Hunter Biden’s ex-wife [Kathleen Buhle], Hunter Biden’s current wife [Melissa Cohen], and three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother,” Comer said.

The chairman seemed to indicate that only one of Biden’s grandchildren and two of his brother’s children got the foreign funds.

“We’re talking about grandchil — a grandchild,” Comer said at the press conference. “That’s odd, most people that work hard every day’s grandchild doesn’t get a wire from a foreign national.” 

James Biden has three children, including daughter Caroline, who pleaded guilty in 2018 to making over $100,000 in charges on a stolen credit card.

Emails from Hunter’s abandoned laptop show Caroline turned up her nose at an $85,000 job offer that would have allowed her to serve her probationary period near her beloved cousin in California.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/nine-biden-family-members-who-allegedly-got-foreign-money-identified-by-house-gop/

This article is from May 10th, so updated from the March article.

Now if you are saying this source doesn’t prove anything, you are right, but it sure does raise questions or should.  Why the media is stonewalling is beyond me.  If you combine this article with the whistleblower accusations that the IRS agents were not allowed to talk to the Biden children and grandchild to further investigate you can see someone is not telling the truth.

Hence, further investigations should be performed, yet many on the left want to runaway from this.  It seems as though there is more smoke here than the Steele Dossier ever had.

CBS finally as mentioned these allegations on their newscast.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-biden-investigation-irs-whistleblower-gary-shapley-says-he-was-stopped-from-pursuing-leads/

More to follow, if allowed.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you might have missed it, but the House Oversight Committee Chairman has sources that claim 9 Biden family members have received money from foreign nationals including a grandchild.  Why would grandchild receive money from foreign nationals?

WASHINGTON — House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer identified nine members of President Biden’s family Wednesday who allegedly received foreign income after teasing the bombshell for weeks.

“Since you asked, I’ll tell you,” Comer (R-Ky.) told a rapt room of reporters at the Capitol after laying out new bank record evidence showing first son Hunter Biden received $1 million from a corrupt Romanian businessman while his dad was vice president.

“Joe Biden’s son [Hunter], Joe Biden’s brother [James], Joe Biden’s brother’s wife [Sara], Hunter Biden’s girlfriend or Beau Biden’s widow [Hallie], however, you want to write that, Hunter Biden’s ex-wife [Kathleen Buhle], Hunter Biden’s current wife [Melissa Cohen], and three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother,” Comer said.

The chairman seemed to indicate that only one of Biden’s grandchildren and two of his brother’s children got the foreign funds.

“We’re talking about grandchil — a grandchild,” Comer said at the press conference. “That’s odd, most people that work hard every day’s grandchild doesn’t get a wire from a foreign national.” 

James Biden has three children, including daughter Caroline, who pleaded guilty in 2018 to making over $100,000 in charges on a stolen credit card.

Emails from Hunter’s abandoned laptop show Caroline turned up her nose at an $85,000 job offer that would have allowed her to serve her probationary period near her beloved cousin in California.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/nine-biden-family-members-who-allegedly-got-foreign-money-identified-by-house-gop/

This article is from May 10th, so updated from the March article.

Now if you are saying this source doesn’t prove anything, you are right, but it sure does raise questions or should.  Why the media is stonewalling is beyond me.  If you combine this article with the whistleblower accusations that the IRS agents were not allowed to talk to the Biden children and grandchild to further investigate you can see someone is not telling the truth.

Hence, further investigations should be performed, yet many on the left want to runaway from this.  It seems as though there is more smoke here than the Steele Dossier ever had.

CBS finally as mentioned these allegations on their newscast.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-biden-investigation-irs-whistleblower-gary-shapley-says-he-was-stopped-from-pursuing-leads/

More to follow, if allowed.

He makes a claim. Presents “the media” no evidence and the “media is stonewalling”? If there’s inappropriate activity lay it out, for God’s sake. Then “the media” can scrutinize it. Otherwise, you’re just asking the media to amplify unsubstantiated claims— is that how you see their role?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

He makes a claim. Presents “the media” no evidence and the “media is stonewalling”? If there’s inappropriate activity lay it out, for God’s sake. Then “the media” can scrutinize it. Otherwise, you’re just asking the media to amplify unsubstantiated claims— is that how you see their role?

Come on man, it was their role in 2017-present day.  What has chanced?  I think we all know.  Isn’t the media suppose to question everything the government does?  The DOJ is stonewalling and the media does not see, hear or talk anything but what the DNC wants put out.

The House Oversight Committee is investigating and has presented what they have found so far.  Kevin McCarthy, based on what the whistleblowers have brought, will impeach Garland if he believes what the whistleblowers are saying is true.  July 6th will tell if they are going forward on this or not.  Keep denying until then, I’ll keep hoping.

Joe is definitely feeling the heat:

This isn’t going to turn out well for Joe.  At least the reporters are asking questions now.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This isn’t going to turn out well for Joe.  At least the reporters are asking questions now.

Y’all are funny. Trump has consistently denied things there’s clear evidence of and you never have this reaction.

BTW, he calmly answers “no”, a reporter yells “are you?” And he responds more loudly.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Y’all are funny. Trump has consistently denied things there’s clear evidence of and you never have this reaction.

BTW, he calmly answers “no”, a reporter yells “are you?” And he responds more loudly.

We must see things differently.  Biden is getting riled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hey, at least Putin is losing the war in Iraq and Biden is calling the India PM 'his best friend from China'. He has dementia, folks. Dear God, my 107 year old great grandmother had better mental faculties before she died than this man.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/verbal-slip-biden-says-putin-losing-war-iraq-2

Realizing this isn't that relevant. The video just reminded me of how old, frail and dumbfounded he always looks.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s hard to live a conspiracy filled life in which one constantly blames others when they can’t factually support their rantings and ravings.

When I first came on this board years ago I was one of two regular posters thought of as “progressive.” @Tiger Al was the other. Many of those deemed conservative at the time largely had views that were at least connected to demonstrable facts that folks could have different perspectives on. Now, many so-called conservatives just throw out mindless crap they’ve heard and resent anyone questioning- claim they’re somehow victims. Sad! I miss informed conservatives. They made me think and sometimes changed my mind. @TitanTiger and I generally disagreed more than we agreed, but he made me think. He’s as rational as he’s always been, but the landscape has shifted so much we often find ourselves aligned against irrational, authoritarian, baseless crap. 

Dang I hadn't even thought of what the conservatives were like when this site was formed? Do we have an archive that predates Obama's inauguration? That would be hilarious to go through. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dang I hadn't even thought of what the conservatives were like when this site was formed? Do we have an archive that predates Obama's inauguration? That would be hilarious to go through. 

You can look back and it's still there.

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You can look back and it's still there.

I can think of a certain someone who was probably very displeased at us getting our first black president. Wonder if he was on.

10 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Great post!

Interesting the way the partisan mind works.  You need more than absolute proof to believe your side has done anything remotely wrong.  All you need is innuendo and, you are convinced the other side is absolutely corrupt.

Everyone has bias.  You have super bias, hyper bias,,,  you've gone full right wing,,, full stupid.

Actually, your post makes it obvious to me that you didn’t even read the full post you quoted, as I said in the last paragraph that the classified document case against Trump doesn’t look good for him.  I did write that I was curious to see his defense, and I am.  I believe everyone has a right to present their case.  This is consistent with what I’ve said about Biden. If you look at the several times in this thread alone I’ve said I want a full non-partisan investigation into him and his son as well.   It is completely true I believe this is getting blocked, buried and interfered with.  

My utter contempt for Garland is independent of the Biden investigation.   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

This is the problem.  It isn't all the same.  Fox "News" admitted that they intentionally and purposefully lied about the last U.S. Election being stolen, in large part, by voting machines being rigged.  That isn't just a lie, that is an outright attack on the democratic process.  I know election supervisors who received multiple death threats from people that believed that lie.  Many on the right simply didn't care.  They still don't.  There has never been a media outlet that has manipulated truth to the extent that Fox has over the past decade.

I don't pause the channel on MSNBC any more than I do Fox.  However, they have never sunk so low as to lie about something so important that it threatens the foundation of our elected government. 

Listening to Hannity, Tucker Carlson (before he went even too far for Fox) or the other prime time talking heads is more like tuning into Russia Today than it is a real news cast.

27 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Actually, your post makes it obvious to me that you didn’t even read the full post you quoted, as I said in the last paragraph that the classified document case against Trump doesn’t look good for him.  I did write that I was curious to see his defense, and I am.  I believe everyone has a right to present their case.  This is consistent with what I’ve said about Biden. If you look at the several times in this thread alone I’ve said I want a full non-partisan investigation into him and his son as well.   It is completely true I believe this is getting blocked, buried and interfered with.  

My utter contempt for Garland is independent of the Biden investigation.   

What could make someone have "utter contempt" for a man that has never been in the public sphere and was always a moderate judge on the bench?

• Facepalm 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

What could make someone have "utter contempt" for a man that has never been in the public sphere and was always a moderate judge on the bench?

Moderate? Guess he's showing his moderate side by sending a dozen heavily armed agents to arrest a prolife dad in front of his family and terrified children. All for some trumped up BS charges that were later acquitted. Moderate lol. That's rich.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is the problem.  It isn't all the same.  Fox "News" admitted that they intentionally and purposefully lied about the last U.S. Election being stolen, in large part, by voting machines being rigged.  That isn't just a lie, that is an outright attack on the democratic process.  I know election supervisors who received multiple death threats from people that believed that lie.  Many on the right simply didn't care.  They still don't.  There has never been a media outlet that has manipulated truth to the extent that Fox has over the past decade.

I don't pause the channel on MSNBC any more than I do Fox.  However, they have never sunk so low as to lie about something so important that it threatens the foundation of our elected government. 

Listening to Hannity, Tucker Carlson (before he went even too far for Fox) or the other prime time talking heads is more like tuning into Russia Today than it is a real news cast.

I dont know any conservatives that even watch Fox News anymore. I have no love for them. They can rot for all I care.

But MSNBC is just as bad. They all are. I struggle to find any that I can stomach.

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Moderate? Guess he's showing his moderate side by sending a dozen heavily armed agents to arrest a prolife dad in front of his family and terrified children. All for some trumped up BS charges that were later acquitted. Moderate lol. That's rich.

His decisions as an appellate court judge show that he is not some leftist as the right wants to now make him out to be.  I don't know the facts of every story, but you can't throw one example without context out there and make an assumption about someone.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Unhinged tribalism.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

https://newrepublic.com/article/131676/orrin-hatch-said-no-question-merrick-garland-confirmed-supreme-court