Another log on the Biden family fire

GoAU

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You realize Trump’s appointee is doing that, right?

Which investigation are you referring to - there are a few.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I have never heard of a U.S. Attorney being restricted on where to bring charges. Garland specifically stated that he could bring charges of any kind in any District.  The IRS agents were investigating tax charges.  He was charged with two counts.  Would two more counts make this any different of an outcome?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/merrick-garland-insists-david-weiss-had-complete-authority-to-charge-hunter-biden/ar-AA1cX6eM

Crimes occur in certain geographies.    Where the crime occurs determines geographical jurisidiction.   It is why extradition takes place.   A US Attorney is the chief federal prosecutor within her geographical district and is powerless outside of her district unless the USA in another district is willing to cooperate with her.   The agents were investigating tax charges and the ones that occurred in Cali and DC were felonies. not misdemeanors.   Part of the reason HB received a sweetheart deal is because he was deemed a first time offender -- why -- because the prior offenses in DC and Cali were not charged.    

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Into Hunter

LoL - I was asking which Hunter investigation.  The IRS, supposedly there is a FBI one for the laptop (which hasn’t went anywhere), the FBI whistleblower case (also moving at the speed of molasses in the wintertime), and the Congressional one.  

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

LoL - I was asking which Hunter investigation.  The IRS, supposedly there is a FBI one for the laptop (which hasn’t went anywhere), the FBI whistleblower case (also moving at the speed of molasses in the wintertime), and the Congressional one.  

The US attorney relies on various investigative bodies, including the FBI & IRS. What do you think the laptop proves beyond a reading doubt?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The US attorney relies on various investigative bodies, including the FBI & IRS. What do you think the laptop proves beyond a reading doubt?

It’s impossible for me to say what’s on the laptop as there has been very little released.  I try to be objective as much as possible, but the denials, deflections and stonewalling really makes one wonder…..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GoAU said:

It’s impossible for me to say what’s on the laptop as there has been very little released.  I try to be objective as much as possible, but the denials, deflections and stonewalling really makes one wonder…..

I’m sure Weiss has thoroughly reviewed it.

6 hours ago, GoAU said:

If they had no time to vett the laptop, and they weren't directly involved in the investigation, how is their opinion even relevant, other than now looking stupid, partisan and / or incompetent? 

It was not a slack resume, just one completely ill-qualified for a business he had no background in, in a region he had no experience in.  If this is the new standard, it'll be profitable as heck to be the child of an elected official.   Between this and Nancy, once again an unfortunate new standard has been set / reinforced.  

What would you consider "concrete proof"?  You realize if this is OK to you, you've basically opened the floodgates, right?

At this point I'd be perfectly content for a non-partisan trustworthy investigation to just find the truth.

Opened the floodgates?  For what exactly?  Do you want Congress to pass a law forbidding someone with an acquaintance or relative that is in elected office from accepting employment with a foreign corporation?

Does that sound remotely acceptable?  Does this bother you more or less than Jared Kushner getting a $2 billion investment from Saudi Arabia after he left his position at the White House as special envoy to the Middle East?

How much more non partisan do you need than the U.S. Attorney appointed by the last Republican president?  He was left in that position for the sole purpose of not wanting it to appear that anything was being squashed by the incoming AG and President. 

There is nothing that will convince someone that already believes some grand conspiracy is underway.  For that reason, the best route to take is to not entertain this craziness.  I'm certain that when Trump is indicted again for election interference, people will scream "what about Hunter" as though there is some equivalence.  There is a difference and that difference is called evidence.

46 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Why should the public have access to the contents of Hunter's laptop?  When something is seized by law enforcement, they don't look at it and then publish it for others to give their opinion on the contents.  What if the government had your emails and laptop, your private pictures etc and instead of returning it to you they published it for the enjoyment of the public?

5 hours ago, GoAU said:

The IRS and FBI work as investigative arms of the DOJ.  That is why the DOJ charges tax evasion charges and violations of federal statutes, like the gun charge.

It's just as clear as it has ever been....the ruling class has all the power and will wield it to keep themselves clear of any danger even if the danger is of their own creation....and the head-in-the-sand class will continue to support them even as they themselves walk off a cliff and into the abyss. 

Pathetic 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Crimes occur in certain geographies.    Where the crime occurs determines geographical jurisidiction.   It is why extradition takes place.   A US Attorney is the chief federal prosecutor within her geographical district and is powerless outside of her district unless the USA in another district is willing to cooperate with her.   The agents were investigating tax charges and the ones that occurred in Cali and DC were felonies. not misdemeanors.   Part of the reason HB received a sweetheart deal is because he was deemed a first time offender -- why -- because the prior offenses in DC and Cali were not charged.    

You are making assumptions based on the former IRS investigator.  The Attorney General and David Weiss have both denied what the IRS investigator alleges.

The U.S. Attorney in the California district and for D.C. have both issued statements that make it clear that Weiss was allowed to bring charges in those districts had he chosen to do so.

I don't know what you all want from this.  Would it make you feel better if Hunter served more time for tax evasion?  Even the strongest IRS recommendation makes no connection between Hunter's actions and his father.  Furthermore, IRS investigators don't make decisions as to what is charged.  Neither do FBI agents.  That is the job of a prosecutor.  They take an oath and swear to uphold that oath.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Some companies will pay a lot to have high profile connected people on board that they can show off. Most folks on corporate boards aren’t working too hard, if at all. Hunter’s resume included a JD from Yale, Vice chairman of Amtrak, counsel at a prestigious law firm, long-term work in investments. On paper, it wasn’t some slack resume.

You missed the terms Crackhead, addicted, ******* his brother's wife, whores, cocaine, and bragging to others about selling daddies influence.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I'm certain that people at Bursima thought it was a good idea to have the son of the Vice President of the United States on their board.  That isn't just how things are done in many parts of the world.  That happens here in the U.S. as well.  Is there anyone that doesn't know that he held that position and got paid for nothing more than his name?  Without something concrete showing that Joe Biden influenced U.S. foreign policy in exchange for this, you have no crime and you have no abuse of power by the then Vice President.  Why is that so hard for some to understand?

We would have to look first and the FBI, they don't seem to care one jot, tittle, nor iota...

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You do realize that the FBI is part of the DOJ?  Are you suggesting that Bill Barr simply didn't want to investigate?

I will repeat. The FBI had the laptop for almost a year and did exactly nothing with it. That is why Giuliani released it. Politico then lied its ass off about the contents. Why is Politico still lying about the Laptop? If there is nothing there, why do they continue to proactively lie?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Address what? Say what? What can he possibly say that will satisfy you, much less the folks intent on keeping speculation alive. Same thing with Obama supposedly born in Kenya— which there was zero evidence of— and his mom was an American citizen anyway. Mitt Romney & John McCain weren’t born here and didn’t have to endure that crap. Right wing media is a substance-free crap machine that will insist the Democrat is covered in crap no matter what they say or do.

Do you think this bribery accusation will linger throughout the 2024 campaign?  He can deny and that would be the politically correct thing to do.  Trump denied everything he has done that you say he did wrong until confronted with a trail.  Do you think this is heading that way?  With the whistleblowers coming forward I believe it will.  Biden can deny all he wants, but he or his campaign will have to address it before the 2024 election.

Trump has escaped a lot of trash thrown his way and you still think he got away with a lot.  I have a feeling Biden will be the same for me.

20 hours ago, AU9377 said:

When has Hunter made good sound decisions?  At the time, his father was in his second term as VP.  If I was guessing, I would guess that Hunter didn't worry about political fallout because he assumed that his father's political life would come to an end and that he would not run for President.  Again, it isn't a good look, but it isn't criminal behavior.  Hunter was thinking about Hunter. 

What exactly is holding him accountable?  You have to have a crime and be protected from prosecution for that scenario to be accurate.  Nobody has shown a crime that was committed.

You are everything wrong with the American Political System. If this was a Republican, you would be howling like a banshee. You and everyone on this board KNOWS what is going on here. The Bidens are selling access and they are doing it because they know no one in the Democrat Party is going to do anything but defend them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

The Bidens are selling access and they are doing it because they know no one in the Democrat Party is going to do anything but defend them. 

What proof do you have of this beyond Hunter's bluster. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You missed the terms Crackhead, addicted, ******* his brother's wife, whores, cocaine, and bragging to others about selling daddies influence.

Those are already better known.

You are everything wrong with the American Political System. If this was a Republican, you would be howling like a banshee. You and everyone on this board KNOWS what is going on here. The Bidens are selling access and they are doing it because they know no one in the Democrat Party is going to do anything but defend them. 

David, love you, brother, but for the sake of fairness and justice, I pray you never serve on a jury since you’re so fond of filling in evidence to support your narrative.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think this bribery accusation will linger throughout the 2024 campaign?  He can deny and that would be the politically correct thing to do.  Trump denied everything he has done that you say he did wrong until confronted with a trail.  Do you think this is heading that way?  With the whistleblowers coming forward I believe it will.  Biden can deny all he wants, but he or his campaign will have to address it before the 2024 election.

Trump has escaped a lot of trash thrown his way and you still think he got away with a lot.  I have a feeling Biden will be the same for me.

I think Republicans will continue to throw unsubstantiated allegations 24/7 because so many folks like you are eager to believe them so it fires up the base. No amount of evidence tends to change the minds of folks who really want to believe something. 

• Thanks 1

You are simply wrong.  Have you heard me one time demand that Jared Kushner even be investigated?  No, you haven't.  I have pointed it out to show the hypocrisy, but I have also pointed out that, without evidence of influence peddling, there is nothing illegal with his actions.

You cannot simply assume someone to prison.  That is why charges were not brought by Bill Barr and why they weren't brought by David Weiss.  How many years do you plan on assuming this?  You assumed the same thing with the Clinton Foundation and when nothing improper was found, you still assumed it had occurred.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What do you want Biden charged with?  The crime of having a son that couldn't keep his nose clean?  The IRS "whistleblowers" don't even reference Joe Biden.  They suggested more tax charges and they were overruled because their job is not to charge.  That is the job of the DOJ.

• Like 1

I will repeat. The FBI had the laptop for almost a year and did exactly nothing with it. That is why Giuliani released it. Politico then lied its ass off about the contents. Why is Politico still lying about the Laptop? If there is nothing there, why do they continue to proactively lie?

So you are claiming that Bill Barr is corrupt and covering for Joe Biden?  Really?  Why is it not even more likely that there is nothing prosecutable on that laptop?  You can film a video in which you claim to be a bank robber, but if there was no bank robbed, you won't be charged with that crime.