LSu practice

tigerfan1303

Did anybody see LSU practice on espn today. I was not  impressed at all with Jamarcus Russell. I hear Ryan Perioux is tearing it up. Will they red shirt Ryan or play him.

175099[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Perriloux is tearing it up but he's doing very well for a true fresh and picking up the offense quickly.

The biggest surprise may be Matt Flynn. He's throwing theball very well with beautiful touch and a very good feel for reading the defense. I was almost positive JR would be starting this year but from what I've heard about Flynn, now I'm not so sure. Flynn could very well play the Matt Mauck role (only better) this year.

It should be interesting to say the least. 3 talented QB's is a problem that's nice to have.

Did anybody see LSU practice on espn today. I was not  impressed at all with Jamarcus Russell. I hear Ryan Perioux is tearing it up. Will they red shirt Ryan or play him.

175099[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Perriloux is tearing it up but he's doing very well for a true fresh and picking up the offense quickly.

The biggest surprise may be Matt Flynn. He's throwing theball very well with beautiful touch and a very good feel for reading the defense. I was almost positive JR would be starting this year but from what I've heard about Flynn, now I'm not so sure. Flynn could very well play the Matt Mauck role (only better) this year.

It should be interesting to say the least. 3 talented QB's is a problem that's nice to have.

175105[/snapback]

We know.... ;)

:au::homer:

I don't recall seeing Ryan throwing any; may be wrong though. They had Russell working the redzone drill when the DBs and WRs work on one-on-one, and he didn't look good by any means. He threw too many balls out of bounds and Jimbo was on him good for it.

Russell did look better in the 7-on-7 drill in the redzone. He threw 2 nice slants and a beautiful fade. Flynn, however, didn't look nearly as crisp as Russell in the same drill. Jimbo was hounding him about throwing to the strong side too much...probably didn't help it that they were incompletions.

On thing that was apparent from watching LSU practice was that their D-Line and O-Line match up really well. It was hard for either to get an advantage.

Just my 2 cents...

In the practice on the Red Zone passing drill one on one the defense has the advantage and was using it. In a real game they wont know what play is coming every time.

The d backs were just sitting on the fade.

I am just ready for the season to get going like i expect you guys are.

We obviously didnt get to see the best part of 2 a days and that is when their is heavy scrimmaging in drills.

I can remember in college as football manager that when people are fighting their way on the depth chart and you have the offense against the defense in line drills it gets pretty intense.

On every play you have either an offensive or defensive coach going beserk on somebody.

It would get pretty intense and that is when every now and then you see a fight.

Calco, what's your opinion re: LSU's special teams this year?

175260[/snapback]

Most LSU fans feel they will be much better. Miles has stated publicly that one of his main areas of focus for improvement is ST. Word out of practice is that Fisher, our scholly punter is boomig the ball which should allow Chris Jackson to focus on field goals. We're just going to have to wait and see.

Archived