UA commitment suffers injury

quietfan

I just read this:

http://www.al.com/hsfootball/mobileregiste...5410.xml&coll=3

Dial suffers knee injury

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Staff report

UMS-Wright star tight end Preston Dial, one of the top college football prospects in the South and who has already committed to the University of Alabama, suffered a potentially serious knee injury in a jamboree against Mary Montgomery Friday night.

UMS coach Terry Curtis said he believed Dial -- who is the No. 7 prospect in the state in the Mobile Register's Elite 18 and No. 50 in the Register's Super Southeast 120 -- injured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

"It's probably pretty bad," said Curtis, who added that Dial would undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the damage.

Dial, a 6-4, 245-pound senior, was injured on the opening kickoff of the jamboree game against Mary Montgomery, which the Bulldogs won 20-7 in Semmes. The high school regular season opens on Thursday night.

Hate to see any kid injured, especially in a Jamboree game that's not even the regular season--and on the opening kickoff of his senior year at that.

Hopefully he'll be fine.

[Even if his choice of colleges could use some work]

WOW. Hurt on the first play of the jamboree. Hate to hear that. Hope he fully recovers and has a good career at bammer that includes an 0-4 mark against AU.

Ya have to hate seeing kids get hurt like this. Hopefully it's not as bad as they think. Hopefully he'll have a fast and full recovery.

Dial said on a Mobile radio station this morning that the ACL wasn't torn and he should be back in three weeks. Let's hope that's the case.

Dial said on a Mobile radio station this morning that the ACL wasn't torn and he should be back in three weeks. Let's hope that's the case.

175230[/snapback]

That's great to hear! You hate to see a guy miss his senior season, you only get one.

175230[/snapback]

That's great to hear! You hate to see a guy miss his senior season, you only get one.

175277[/snapback]

I had a concussion, which put me out for about 5-6 weeks, and a strained foot the DAY I came back from the concussion during my senior year. You are very right about the fact you only get one. It didnt hit me then, but theres not a day that goes by that I would kill to have one more chance at that season.

Archived