2023 SEC QB Rankings per 247

W.E.D

6-11 could really end up in any order.  Joe Milton could really fall too

There’s a good bit of potential on that list, but no one absolutely thrills me.  
Daniels, Jefferson, and Rattler have proven they can play.   Rogers’ numbers will drop big time this year because of the new offense.   The rest are in wait and see mode.  I doubt Milroe starts.   Dart might not either.  
If Thorne and our O start clicking, top 5 in the SEC isn’t out of the question.  A lot of first year starters, transfers, and unproven guys after those first 3 I mentioned.  

44 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

There’s a good bit of potential on that list, but no one absolutely thrills me.  
Daniels, Jefferson, and Rattler have proven they can play.   Rogers’ numbers will drop big time this year because of the new offense.   The rest are in wait and see mode.  I doubt Milroe starts.   Dart might not either.  
If Thorne and our O start clicking, top 5 in the SEC isn’t out of the question.  A lot of first year starters, transfers, and unproven guys after those first 3 I mentioned.  

Yeah I agree. If Thorne was really hurt and a better OL can help him, and we see some 2021 type stats of 3k, 65%, 30/10, 9YPA I think he's easily in the top 6.

When was the last time the turds had a quarterback rated that low?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toddc said:

When was the last time the turds had a quarterback rated that low?

Preseason, possibly Mac Jones.  Wasn't highly rated, didn't have much going into the season.  Before that maybe Greg McElroy when they were all defense and running

I refuse to accept that KJ Jefferson is the best Quarterback in the SEC. Let's see how he does without Kendal Briles.

Not sold on Will Rogers in a normal offense either. 

I'd also switch Throne and Wegman. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

34 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I refuse to accept that KJ Jefferson is the best Quarterback in the SEC. Let's see how he does without Kendal Briles.

Agree on KJ.  He’s good but he’s not that good.  

52 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Briles is trash.  Not sure Enos will be better, but Briles is heavily overrated by every school that he doesn't coach at.  He's living off his Dad's fame at Baylor.  Arkansas fans despised his play calling.  FSU didn't love him either

I think KJ/Jayden Daniels are both "good" QBs, but neither of them are prolific passers.  Don't throw a lot of TDs or ton of yards, but efficient with high Comp% & use their legs well.  If Throne's issues in 2022 were really health related, I don't see why he can't put up simiarl stats to them.

I'm not sure the SEC has an elite QB right now.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

'm not sure the SEC has an elite QB right now.

I don't think they do either. I fully expect Bama, UGA, and LSU to have quarterbacks who put up big numbers, due to having so much talent around them,  but I don't think any of them will be quality NFL QB's. Thorne in a Freeze offense could be top 5 imo. 

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't think they do either. I fully expect Bama, UGA, and LSU to have quarterbacks who put up big numbers, due to having so much talent around them,  but I don't think any of them will be quality NFL QB's. Thorne in a Freeze offense could be top 5 imo. 

LSU's QB threw for 17 TDs and 2900 yds last year.  Bama is complete unknown.  Their OL hasn't been good and taking a massive hit in talent.  I could buy UGA solely b/c they have the best OL, but Bobo is running the offense.

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If not KJ then who ( based on stats).

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If not KJ then who ( based on stats).

I don’t know. But KJ Jefferson just doesn’t seem good enough to be on top of any best QB list outside of best QB at Arkansas, Best QB in the State of Arkansas, and maybe best QB named KJ Jefferson. 

Could be correct, or it could be way off. Case in point we have a 2 year starter from the big 10 and some of the list in front of him have barely started any games. 

Payton Thorne has not even been thru a real camp at Auburn. I do not accept that he is the AUTOMATIC starter, so I would not have him on this list at all.

Edited by AURex
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Could be correct, or it could be way off. Case in point we have a 2 year starter from the big 10 and some of the list in front of him have barely started any games. 

Right, but unfortunately he's coming off a really mediocre year, giving ppl justification to have him low vs "he has 4* and one a good team"

Just now, AURex said:

Payton Thorne has not even been thru a real camp at Auburn. I do not accept that he is the AUTOMATIC starter, so I woukd not have him on this list at all.

He is 100% going to be the starter 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He is 100% going to be the starter 

You are CHF and make the decisions regarding who will start at QB and you've already decided who will be the #1 QB for Auburn for the upcoming season, without even seeing them in camp. Well, then, ...... OKAY BRO! hahahaha

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

You are CHF

Yes

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes

🤣🤣🤣

We are good now, boss!

🤣🤣🤣

Just now, AURex said:

🤣🤣🤣

We are good now, boss!

🤣🤣🤣

As Hugh Freeze, I can assure you a guy who could only run a wing T offense last year will not be running my complex RPO passing game that relies on accuracy 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

As Hugh Freeze, I can assure you a guy who could only run a wing T offense last year will not be running my complex RPO passing game that relies on accuracy 

Thanks, coach. There's more than 2 QBs in the room, plus if that OL sux like the last few years, running may be an option.

Personally, I expect you (CHF) to play more than one QB in early games before settling on THE ONE! At least, I hope you will.

7 minutes ago, AURex said:

Personally, I expect you (CHF) to play more than one QB in early games before settling on THE ONE! At least, I hope you will.

Sorry, I get paid millions to coach football. I don't need ur advice 

Thx

-CHF

• Haha 1