***Official**** 2023 Auburn Football Man Crush ​😍​​🤩​

ValleyTiger

On 8/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I had Riley last year but this year I am going out on a limb for a guy who may not even play but who impressed me by how much work he has put in to get the mass you need to play in the SEC O-line. Garner Langlo

Unfortunately you were more right on this than you thought. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Geez, I was going to brag on Coach Thornton about how much the o-line has improved, but then I see we are losing a player. 🤔

Doesn't mean we didn't improve the OL.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Geez, I was going to brag on Coach Thornton about how much the o-line has improved, but then I see we are losing a player. 🤔

Improvements might be a part of the reason he’s leaving, but we don’t know yet.

• Like 2

I knew he was gonna be the right pick.

My man is Da man.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

Just a little taste of what my man brings to the table.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:52 AM, Barnacle said:

Jacob Quattlebaum. IYKYK.

Hard to believe anyone can throw the ball between their legs better than Jacob. :dunno:

• Haha 1

Can’t wait to see what Coach Thornton has done with the big uglies! Everybody get a picture in your mind of last year’s O line. I know we are going to have a much improved O line this year! When Hunter and Alston break for those long touchdown runs and when Payton throws the long bomb down the field, just remember which guys are holding back the onslaught.  😁😁😁

• Like 2

Lawrence Johnson made the two deep! Finna show out against UMass.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Can’t wait to see what Coach Thornton has done with the big uglies! Everybody get a picture in your mind of last year’s O line. I know we are going to have a much improved O line this year! When Hunter and Alston break for those long touchdown runs and when Payton throws the long bomb down the field, just remember which guys are holding back the onslaught.  😁😁😁

So the QB’s are cute and Oline is ugly. Momma’s gonna get on you!!Lol

• Haha 1

My crush is looking good!

Auburn's Payton Thorne inside Top 10 of The Athletic's QB Ranking Model

A Quarterback Ranking Model has Auburn's very own Payton Thorne in the Top 10, with Jordan Travis and Michael Penix Jr. outside of it.

Shel Hickman32 minutes ago

An article was posted to “The Athletic” today that described a College Quarterback Ranking Model created by Cooper Klaus. This model has ranked quarterbacks on a multitude of different statistics and contributing factors.

“My model splits out passing and rushing into two components with their own projections. I then calculate a weighted score from the median projections, with 85-percent weight on a quarterback’s passing and 15 percent on their rushing to produce the rankings,” explains Klaus.

Klaus also states that his model is ‘hardly infallible and should be considered a starting point for debate." There are many issues with the model and the ranking of the quarterbacks in my opinion, but the model is only using the data that’s available to it at this given moment. The top ten follows as such:

1. Caleb Williams - USC

2. Cameron Rising - Utah

3. Will Rogers - Mississippi State

4. Taulia Tagovailoa - Maryland

5. Drake Maye - UNC

6. Bo Nix - Oregon

7. Kedon Slovis - BYU

8. Sam Hartman - Notre Dame

9. Payton Thorne - Auburn

10. J.J. McCarthy - Michigan 

Keeping in mind all the imperfections of this model, Payton Thorne finds himself at 9th and ranks as the 2nd-best quarterback in the SEC. While Thorne’s name doesn’t hold national Top 10 notoriety, the stats and his success rate at Michigan State aren’t something to scoff at.

Notable names that did not reach the top ten:

13. Michael Penix Jr. - Washington

32. Jordan Travis - Florida State

31. Riley Leonard - Duke

48. Devin Leary - NC State

• Like 1

I have an APB out to find my man.  Unfortunately the only noticeable thing accomplished was a holding that resulted in FG instead of TD. But that's OK.  He is the secret weapon next week against Cal!! Gonna run for daysb in the California Sun!! 

Since that is a FAIRWEATHER state 😁

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Still waiting on my man Jalen to show what he's got. We really need his explosiveness off the edge. Get better soon big guy!

I was disappointed not seeing him too. 

Keeping in mind we played UMass I liked what I saw when I got home and watched the game recorded. I think Montgomery did a great job in spreading the opportunities around to the backs and receivers. I loved the fact that we had no delay of game penalties and looked like everyone was on the same page on offense. The backups got some quality time and snaps out there which will be crucial in some games that will test our depth. The key is knowing what you have to play with and I think Montgomery did a good job of setting the offense up for success yesterday. The OL was impressive which in turn will make everything else look a little easier as the season progresses. Confidence in what they are trying to do will go a long way and it's something that's been lacking for a while. 

• Like 1

My Man Crush!

Football 9/4/2023 2:00:00 PM By: Jeff Shearer

Auburn's Gunner Britton named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week

AUBURN, Ala. – Displaying his versatility by playing three positions in Auburn's season-opening win over Massachusetts, Gunner Britton has been named Southeastern Conference Offensive Lineman of the Week, the SEC announced Monday.

"It's a blessing," Britton said. "It's not really about me. It's about my teammates and what they do for me. I can't wait to call my dad. He's going to probably cry. It will be a good thing for my whole family. It's a big accomplishment but for me, it's the first game. I've got 11 more, hopefully 12 and 13."

A 6-6, 312-pound senior transfer from Western Kentucky, Britton logged snaps at left guard, right tackle and left tackle vs. the Minutemen.

"I think it just speaks to his importance to us," Auburn coach Hugh Freeze said. "He needs to be on the field, and we need to stay fresh because we like to go fast, and he gives us freedom to move some puzzle pieces around because of his flexibility. He's really invaluable with that. Gunner has a really sharp IQ."

Britton and his O-line teammates helped the Tigers rush for six touchdowns and 289 yards on 44 attempts, an average of 6.6 yards per carry in Auburn's 59-14 win.
Playing multiple positions is nothing for Britton.

"My first couple years at Western, I was moved to center and I was doing center and tackle," he said. "I've played some guard when guys got hurt. Last year I played both tackles. It's a cool opportunity that I get to do all of it. I try to do anything that's asked of me as a player. I want to help my team win in any way shape or form."

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Paladin said:

My Man Crush!

After all the arguing about whether our OL has improved, we get one that gets this recognition. How great is that!!!

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

My man, Damari Alston, got us off to a fast start on Saturday and scored his first touchdown for Auburn.  War Eagle!

Auburn Tigers vs. UMass Minutemen: Season opener at Jordan-Hare Stadium -  al.com

• Like 2
  • Love 1