Auburn O-line after this year

AuburnNTexas

We all know what piss poor shape the O-line was, when Freeze arrived.  He and staff  pulled in some late additions to last years class then cleaned up in the Portal to give us what appears to be our best O-line in a long time.  So far this year no O-line and for good reason the fan base is worried.  I decided to look where we will be after some of the one and done Portal transfers are gone after this year.  I expected doom and gloom but I was pleasantly surprised.

Dillon Wade - Junior

Tate Johnson - Junior

Braydon Joyner - Junior

EJ Harris - Redshirt Freshman

Jaydon Muskrat - Junior

Dylan Senda - Freshman

Izavion Miller - Junior

Garner Langlo - Sophomore

Connor Lew - Freshman

Clay Wedin - Freshman

Jeremy Wright - Junior

I am sure that we will need to use Portal next year and year after but if we can pick up 2 O-Line in 2024 class then 4-6 in 2025 class we will be well on the way to addressing O-line long term.  Some of the Juniors this year might actually have 2 years left with Covid, but I am not sure about that.  By adding Senda who is a freshman the 2023 class had 4 O-Line.  To me once we are caught up on O-line we want 4 every year. Since most O-line Redshirt that means in a few years we should have 18-20 on Roster every year. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Braydon Joyner is a True Freshman. this year.  Unless we have some early draft entrees, we should have a decent starting point on the OL going into the offseason vs having 0 starters like 8 months ago.  Depth is scary.

LT - Transfer Target OR Izavion Miller gets a look
LG - Muskrat, Tate Johnson?
C - Lew, Johnson?
RG - Wright, EJ Harris Maybe?
RT - Wade, (???)

If we got a Grad transfer LT, that would give us 4 Sr starters and Lew at Center

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Braydon Joyner is a True Freshman. this year.  Unless we have some early draft entrees, we should have a decent starting point on the OL going into the offseason vs having 0 starters like 8 months ago.  Depth is scary.

LT - Transfer Target OR Izavion Miller gets a look
LG - Muskrat, Tate Johnson?
C - Lew, Johnson?
RG - Wright, EJ Harris Maybe?
RT - Wade, (???)

If we got a Grad transfer LT, that would give us 4 Sr starters and Lew at Center

You left out Langlo who has been practicing at OT wirh second team.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You left out Langlo who has been practicing at OT wirh second team.

Is he second team bc of depth or skill?

27 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Do you know ?

One doesn't often put a "?" At the end of a statement they know

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One doesn't often put a "?" At the end of a statement they know

You are quite sure of yourself at times. That's no excuse, though. My apologies.

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Is he second team bc of depth or skill?

Don't know.

They mentioned on the rundown yesterday that Auburn will definitely need another left tackle recruit in this upcoming class.  As of today Auburn only has 1 true LT on the roster.  Still better than where Auburn was in the fall.  It’s definitely going to take another strong portal pull and recruiting class to get things stable on the Oline.

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

They mentioned on the rundown yesterday that Auburn will definitely need another left tackle recruit in this upcoming class.  As of today Auburn only has 1 true LT on the roster.  Still better than where Auburn was in the fall.  It’s definitely going to take another strong portal pull and recruiting class to get things stable on the Oline.

Yeah.  Feel like that's going to be the #1 offensive priority in the portal next year unless Miller really comes on, but he could easily play RT too.  Someone like Wade could move inside vs playing RT for more flexibility.  

Offensive Portal needs going to be something like LT, OL, WR, TE (Depending on Rivaldo's status).  Depending on roster limits, I could see us taking an RB if one is available.

I think Senda, the former 4 star is working at tackle with the second group right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

I think Senda, the former 4 star is working at tackle with the second group right now. 

He was a steal

• Like 3

Gus taught me,,, OL recruiting doesn't matter.

Harsin taught me,,, recruiting in general doesn't matter.

Watching the dominate programs taught me,,, it's all about recruiting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Wasn't a 4*  FTR

image.png

Tyler Johnson and Clay Wedin could develop for 2024 as well. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

I don't think there's any problem with AU making use of the portal year after year to fill OL or any other position of need.  Certain circumstances like coaching changes or players needing/wanting a new start somewhere else, or maybe even an unexpected conference realignment -- perhaps there are some suitable OL at the State universities in OR & WA that are now disillusioned with playing in a non-existent PAC-12 conference?  Think outside the box(!)