Is it time to fire an Assistant Coach?

W.E.D

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@DAG go listen to today's presser.   CHF is a different mammal than what we are used to.

It's all coach speak. 

I don't get why people get tied up in what a coach says to the media. It's all a manipulation. It's not true honest insight 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's all coach speak. 

I don't get why people get tied up in what a coach says to the media. It's all a manipulation. It's not true honest insight 

You really come to understand why half decent public speakers get paid so much and get revered so heavily when you see the perception to coach pressers. Even people (not pointing to anyone in particular on here) who know it’s coach speak will still get 100% emotionally invested in every word 😂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Thread title is a little dramatic, isn’t it??? 😂

That's the point of it.  We fired a coach in '21 b/c our players couldn't get lined up by game 3....or at least that was what a coach said, insiders repeated, and everyone took as gospel 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's the point of it.  We fired a coach in '21 b/c our players couldn't get lined up by game 3....or at least that was what a coach said, insiders repeated, and everyone took as gospel 

Different regime ..I don’t think the same results will happen..

CHF is calling out his coaches. I don’t expect pink slips to start raining down anytime soon 

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

@DAG go listen to today's presser.   CHF is a different mammal than what we are used to.

The guy is just so refreshing to listen to. It's no wonder he's been a winner everywhere he's been. Not much escapes him. I love the fact that he expects perfection. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Not much escapes him. I love the fact that he expects perfection.

100%.   He is in the details.   Something tells me taterhead could not have told you on Labor Day that our D was misaligned on 15 plays 40 hours earlier.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well, at least wait until they lose a game.  

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Who is "we"?

• Haha 1

This is Al.com clickbait worthy thread. Geez 🙄 

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Is it time to fire an Assistant Coach?
18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's all coach speak. 

I hate when fans get too caught up in pressers. I still remember when Auburn fans fell in love with Harsin after his first presser talking about hard work and then he was gone a year and a half later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I hate when fans get too caught up in pressers. I still remember when Auburn fans fell in love with Harsin after his first presser talking about hard work and then he was gone a year and a half later.

Yep, and fans loved Harsins hard, alpha male persona, and his attention to personal accountability and responsibility from his team. Many compared his alpha approach to Dye at the time. 

Fans get caught up in the euphoria, it can’t be helped.  My question is why didn’t anyone recognize alignments were off and platers weren’t lining up correctly in the scrimmages or practices?  

I’d bet it’ll be fixed and fine tuned before they get to Cali. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don't remember the last few coaches pointing out obvious deficiencies in a game or stating something like HF did about not preparing the team for an uncovered receiver. I don't remember a coach since Tubbs and Dye listing the good and the bad and discussing them. About players and coaches. It seemed totally different for me , and the antithesis of sunshine pumping from a head coach at AU. But I've only listened to 7 of them in my time, so whatever. 

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yep, and fans loved Harsins hard, alpha male persona, and his attention to personal accountability and responsibility from his team. Many compared his alpha approach to Dye at the time. 

Fans get caught up in the euphoria, it can’t be helped.  My question is why didn’t anyone recognize alignments were off and platers weren’t lining up correctly in the scrimmages or practices?  

It could have been the O confusing the D or first game jitters

I think you're right and the coaches get that corrected .

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

First game are always rough, new coaches and players still figuring things out. They weren't going to be a fine tuned machine from their fist game and I'm sure Freeze and the coaching will get it done. But I'm waiting until it actually happens on the field instead of getting fired up from a presser personally

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

First game are always rough, new coaches and players still figuring things out.

100%.   We had 11 starters and everyone else who played, except the one Baylor transfer, on defense that have never played a game in this scheme before.   Instead of a 2 year starter at corner, Pritchett who was hurt, we started a true freshman K.Lee.   We started 3 other guys on d who have never before played in JHS.   The good news is it was all caught on tape, and I suspect corrected already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I still remember when Auburn fans fell in love with Harsin after his first presser talking about hard work

In fairness, team discipline had been lacking for years. I was optimistic but as soon as the first game was played out, I witnessed the same lack of accountability and mistakes. I gave him the latitude to rectify those but it never happened. In the end, you are what you allow as a leader. His talk was just that. All hat and no cattle. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx