Auburn @ Cal Score Predictions

Zeek

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

TBH, I was not expecting us to have a lengthy argument about how many time zones we cross from AU to Cal.  🤷‍♂️

I really don't know how much it will matter to a bunch of 18-21 year olds anyway. When I was that age I don't remember spending a lot of time thinking it was past my bedtime. 

• Like 1

AU - 41

Cal - 27

The travel talk is negated because we arrived earlier, plenty of time to adjust.  As mentioned, these young kids don’t give a damn what time the game starts and will be amped up to play.  

Playing on the road - always a legitimate concern.

With that said, I think we struggle at first to stop them but make adjustments as the game goes on and slow their O down to limited yards in the 2nd half.

Our RB’s will feast and prove to be the difference as their D wears out by the start of the 4th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I see your hand, and raise you one HC!

A gambling preacher...now this is how I will picture you from now on. 😄

49037-kenny-rogers.jpeg

• Haha 3

These Cal guys are pretty stupid with all of the bulletin board material they’re giving to Auburn’s locker room, between their starting RB and QB:

Edited by AUINSY

21 hours ago, Tequila4kapp said:

Cal alum/fan here.

Tough game to predict.  AU’s talent advantage may not be as much as you guys think.  It’s probably eliminated by the travel and start time.

I think this one comes down to traditional stuff - turnovers and special teams.  In a game where both teams overhauled the roster from the portal and only played 1 game…I just don’t know.

As for Cal…you simply cannot imagine how incompetent and horrible our prior OL and OC were.  Think of the single worst ones you’ve ever known…ours were WAY worse and we had two of them at the same time.  The new guys are legit but has enough time elapsed for them to really make a difference.  On D, we lost something like our top 3 deep across the entire DL to injury last year. They are all back and they are solid to good.  I’m not sure how we will rate compared to what you see in the SEC but we should be very solid on that side of the ball at all 3 levels of the D.  I don’t see anyone scoring 50 on us as some have predicted.  Anyway, the point is this - there are a lot of reason to believe this squad isn’t what the football world has seen from Cal the past few years.  Will it be enough to beat Auburn?  TBD

Is the Cal center playing today?

21 hours ago, Tequila4kapp said:

Cal alum/fan here.

Tough game to predict.  AU’s talent advantage may not be as much as you guys think.  It’s probably eliminated by the travel and start time.

I think this one comes down to traditional stuff - turnovers and special teams.  In a game where both teams overhauled the roster from the portal and only played 1 game…I just don’t know.

As for Cal…you simply cannot imagine how incompetent and horrible our prior OL and OC were.  Think of the single worst ones you’ve ever known…ours were WAY worse and we had two of them at the same time.  The new guys are legit but has enough time elapsed for them to really make a difference.  On D, we lost something like our top 3 deep across the entire DL to injury last year. They are all back and they are solid to good.  I’m not sure how we will rate compared to what you see in the SEC but we should be very solid on that side of the ball at all 3 levels of the D.  I don’t see anyone scoring 50 on us as some have predicted.  Anyway, the point is this - there are a lot of reason to believe this squad isn’t what the football world has seen from Cal the past few years.  Will it be enough to beat Auburn?  TBD

The Pac seems to be off to a damn good start this year, such a shame it's being dismembered. Ugh.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The Pac seems to be off to a damn good start this year, such a shame it's being dismembered. Ugh.

I agree. Younger guys playing yes, but this is a very late game and AU has never won in CA or our west for that matter. Their tailback scares me with our Run D also. I hope my prediction is very wrong, but I based it on what I saw last weekend and what Cal may possibly be. 

tonight they are going to say we released the Kraken on them after we whoop off in that tie dyed behind................grins

23 hours ago, Tequila4kapp said:

you simply cannot imagine how incompetent and horrible our prior OL and OC were.  Think of the single worst ones you’ve ever known…ours were WAY worse and we had two of them at the same time.

Not sure if you’ve seen any Auburn games since 2021…and quarterbacks like Bo and TJ after they transferred…

Edited by AUINSY

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. Younger guys playing yes, but this is a very late game and AU has never won in CA or our west for that matter. Their tailback scares me with our Run D also. I hope my prediction is very wrong, but I based it on what I saw last weekend and what Cal may possibly be. 

We beat Oregon for the Natty in Arizona. 

You're right, we are 0-3 in California. Since 2000, the SEC is 0-8 versus any PAC 12 team when the game is played in the state of California.

We will end that streak tonight though!! WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

We beat Oregon for the Natty in Arizona. 

You're right, we are 0-3 in California. Since 2000, the SEC is 0-8 versus any PAC 12 team when the game is played in the state of California.

We will end that streak tonight though!! WDE

Hope you’re right. Does not look that way currently though. We are at least a good 2 years away from being relevant in college football again. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:32 PM, tbone4jc said:

62-24. RB and QB should have kept it to themselves.

I was really close!!😳😂🤣

• Haha 1

Mostly everybody predicted a high scoring game and most of us were completely wrong on that. But one thing I did predict right was I knew Auburn wasn’t blowing them out.

Other than cupcakes, this team ain’t blowing anybody out

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

My prediction was Auburn 35-28

oops

Gotcha' by one. My pick was 34-28. I don't think anybody here or nationally thought this would be a low scoring game.