Moral victory

cole256

Auburn played hard. Auburn put up a really good fight. I'm sure the game atmosphere and the way Auburn played impressed our 200 recruit visitors. I am really very proud of our guys. They never gave up. They fought to the last minute.

But it was a loss. There is no column for "moral victories" in the history books. If so, the magical wins by Auburn over UGA and Bama would be "moral victories" in the history books for those rivals.

So now let's see what our Tigers can do against those Bayou Tigers.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

A moral victory is better than no victory at all. 

Great atmosphere, big time game and played well. Have to consider it a “recruiting win”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexava said:

A moral victory is better than no victory at all. 

A moral victory is not a victory. It is a coping method to make people feel better about losing. 

26 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

A moral victory is not a victory. It is a coping method to make people feel better about losing. 

That is true. I am coping much better than I would had we been a no show and received a 41-3 bludgeoning. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That is true. I am coping much better than I would had we been a no show and received a 41-3 bludgeoning. 

Exactly my point…

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

Checking to see is some are feeling more optimistic now after watching GA dismantle KY

It IS in Athens.

As much as I hate GA, I'm perfectly ok if KY and MO are indeed paper tigers. I want as easy a path to 8 regular season wins next year as possible (though realistically my expectation is 7). Maybe I have too pessimistic a timeline, but trying to err on the side of caution. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It IS in Athens.

As much as I hate GA, I'm perfectly ok if KY and MO are indeed paper tigers. I want as easy a path to 8 regular season wins next year as possible (though realistically my expectation is 7). Maybe I have too pessimistic a timeline, but trying to err on the side of caution. 

True it’s in Athens . IMO last years team was better and didn’t curb stomp Auburn like this

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

True it’s in Athens . IMO last years team was better and didn’t curb stomp Auburn like this

Kentucky totally dominated UF - who beat Tenn. And uga barely survived us.  SEC is impossible to figure this year.

• Like 4

It’s a moral victory, and a long-term victory, if it gets us a top 5 - top 10 incoming class this year, and actual scoreboard wins very soon 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Checking to see is some are feeling more optimistic now after watching GA dismantle KY

KY is a good team. Not great, but good. UGA looks like UGA again and took them to the woodshed. 

The truth is AU got 2 turnovers that we converted to touchdowns. And gave up zero. At home. That's why it was a close game. 

Regardless, we were completely outmatched and hung in there until the end. I will call it a moral victory no matter what UGA does the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerTennis80 said:

UK looks like the "not ready for prime time players."

If Kentucky really tried to recruit at a top 15-10 level they would be pretty damn good. Stoops has a great gig. Why work any harder? 

44 minutes ago, woodford said:

If Kentucky really tried to recruit at a top 15-10 level they would be pretty damn good. Stoops has a great gig. Why work any harder? 

If a bicycle had an engine, it'd be a motorcycle.

Also, worth a read.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, cbo said:

KY is a good team. Not great, but good. UGA looks like UGA again and took them to the woodshed. 

The truth is AU got 2 turnovers that we converted to touchdowns. And gave up zero. At home. That's why it was a close game. 

Regardless, we were completely outmatched and hung in there until the end. I will call it a moral victory no matter what UGA does the rest of the season. 

Kentucky is a well coached team but they’re always trying to play uga/ bama style bully ball - but with Kentucky players.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Kentucky is a well coached team but they’re always trying to play uga/ bama style bully ball - but with Kentucky players.

You're right, but I remain impressed with what Stoops has done overall. People forget how hard it is to win football games at UK. 

• Like 2

Moral Victory...NEVER!

-General Patton

• Love 1