Moral victory

cole256

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You know it sucks, just because when we played press man on Bowers, we did so freaking good at breaking up the pass. I don’t know if it was the fatigue or attrition, but losing that game with soft coverage leaves a very bad taste in your mouth 

Thank you for this post

• Like 2

Maybe Ron Roberts calls a different second half if he feels better about his depth, I don’t know. He called an overall fantastic game, but the blitz and soft coverage timing is going to stay with me for a while. There was a 3rd down corner blitz where the safety played like 15 yards off the WR. It would’ve been to his blindside but the first read coincidentally ended up being the guy on the blitz side. Ended up being a ~12 yard out route first down.

Beck is way too efficient to do stuff like that to me. But again, thought he did a great job overall 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank you for this post

I like your earlier post too - I think it was almost too scathing on Roberts, but I can’t say I disagree with it either. Between this second half and the second half of the A&M game, I can totally see if someone’s having second thoughts about Roberts 

• Like 1

And I get being frustrated. I'm know hypocrite so I know there are plenty of posts I've made in the past where I said nah I don't care about moral victories.

I just feel with everything we've been through lately, even the way we looked just the week before, the way uga have owned us all these years.... If we can stay consistent and establish an identity I really think we'll look back at this and say this is when we showed everybody we were special

• Like 2

My only complaint is - yes even if we’re tired - to stop rushing 4 on 3rd and long. Killed us all day. 

Either blitz or show blitz and drop eight. If he’s gonna have time anyway make it harder to be open. 

But otherwise I’m very encouraged. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I haven't even watched the replay on that one. But our guy (Fair?) was in front of him and got knocked to the ground. How was that not a penalty? 

As far as the turnovers, we almost had a fumble and an INT on that one play. McLeod just barely missed the strip, and Cam Riley dropped the pass.

From what I say it was either a little high or fair slipped because the db was able to come over the top to get the pix 

I bet you guys watch the stock market, then offer suggestions as to who your financial person should have invested in. IMO we played infinitely better than last week. I’m obviously not satisfied as we lost, but definitely see some of the improvements we were looking for at the end of the game last week.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I haven't even watched the replay on that one. But our guy (Fair?) was in front of him and got knocked to the ground. How was that not a penalty? 

As far as the turnovers, we almost had a fumble and an INT on that one play. McLeod just barely missed the strip, and Cam Riley dropped the pass.

Their guy was going for the ball. Our guy was outmusceled 

30 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn won’t lose another home game. 

If we don't get some kind of passing game we will lose again at home. Today was the 6th straight game against a Power 5 opponent that we've failed to reach 100 passing yards. That dates back to last season. That's embarrassing to be honest. We are dead last in the SEC in passing offense. 

Today's gameplan was perfect to keep us in it. Keep it on the ground, use up clock, keep the fans in the game and try to win ugly. I really think that was our best chance of winning and it nearly worked. 

UGA's talent, mainly Brock Bowers, took over in the end and they got us. 

I'm worried as hell about our lack of a passing game and injuries. 

Overall, I'll take this game because we stayed in it and that atmosphere was lit. Today was big for recruiting as well.

• Like 1

I guess instead of the blitzing as it appears depth and injuries are a problem. The defense definitely has more juice in the first half but wears down in the second half. Maybe longer sustained drives are needed. Hopefully can get a Derrick Brown type to get a pass rush in this next cycle

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Losing sucks . s***ting the bed sucks. The DC sucks and needs to go. 10 million people watching the game knew bowers was getting it and that dumbass didn’t. Absolutely dropped the bag. 

That’s kinda knee jerk…. Defense has been great all year, despite playing thin.

And it took until the 4th for a fantastic versatile player to break out. He usually dominates all game.

• Like 2

Max effort today and the team and coaches took a huge step forward. Now we get a week off and hopefully get some guys like Keys back and heal some  other injuries. Then go to Baton Rouge rested and confident, and close the season strong. 

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Screenshotted before he deletes

IMG_2511.png

Is this really Roberts tweeting with fans right after a game?

8 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Today was the 6th straight game against a Power 5 opponent that we've failed to reach 100 passing yards.

I’ve been concerned about that too but have noticed it’s becoming more common with the new clock rules. Devin Leary of Kentucky was 9/20 for 69 yards today in a 33-14 win. I think at this point we’re are a run heavy team and will be all year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CR said:

Is this really Roberts tweeting with fans right after a game?

Yep

• Haha 1

I just wanted to step in, own that I was a negative johnson who predicted a 40 point blowout, profess my pride in these ducktape bandits for fighting and my hope the atmosphere really impacted some recruits today. This was a good day, overall. 

• Like 1

Georgia has beat us 16 out of the last 19 meetings. There is no moral victory in this one. The rivalry has become embarrassing! We have to start winning these games when we have the opportunity.

• Thanks 1