Week 5 overreaction thread

Win4AU

The SEC division races will be decided this weekend.  UGA Kentucky in the East, Bama A&M in the West.  LSU may sneak in but they’ve got some issues defensively.

Oregon may be the best team in the country.  They are loaded with high end recruits.  Bo Nix is quietly a darkhorse Heisman contender.  The way they beat Colorado compared to USC is telling. Washington struggled with Arizona’s backup Qb.  

Top 5 Oregon, Ohio State, FSU, UGA, Michigan

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

The SEC division races will be decided this weekend.  UGA Kentucky in the East, Bama A&M in the West.  LSU may sneak in but they’ve got some issues defensively.

Oregon may be the best team in the country.  They are loaded with high end recruits.  Bo Nix is quietly a darkhorse Heisman contender.  The way they beat Colorado compared to USC is telling. Washington struggled with Arizona’s backup Qb.  

Thats not over-reaction IMO!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Where's the lie?

• Like 1

I’m not sure UTenn in the East and OM in the west are done yet. I agree that the Ducks are loaded but there are a surprising amount of PAC 12 teams solid enough to cause headaches for Oregon, Washington, and USC. This weekends Red River shootout potentially begins the playoff elimination games. I think more races will be determined in late November than recent years. Ought to be entertaining. 

Some  good AU moments ahead too I believe. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Eh I'm not a believer in any team this year, they are all beatable...when some of these teams actually play some better competition we will see but right now at least IMHO I do not think there is anyone head and shoulders above anyone else. Ohio State barely beat ND, Michigan has struggled, UGA is not the same team...and Oregon, well when they actually play a good defense that gets some pressure we will see how well they will do...bottom line lots of games to be played before we can figure out who the top 5 are....will no more end of November, but again I think this year its pretty wide open.

Edited by bishoptf

Look out for Bama.  They are continually getting better with no pressure on them, and Saban knows how to play the "disrespect card" with his players.

I think we are their only possible loss for the rest of the regular season.  If they win the west, they will beat UGA in the SECCG.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Not overreactions at all. I agree about Oregon. I really do think this is the year. Bo Nix in particular. He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Over reaction? Way too early. But ...

In the B1G ... Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State will all play each other. Who is left standing?

In the PAC12 ... Oregon, Washington, USC, Washington State, Oregon State. Who is left standing?

In the SEC ... UGA, Bama, Kentucky ... who is left standing?

In the Big12 ... Texas, Oklahoma ... who is left standing?

What I do know, and this is my over reaction after watching our guys play UGA, Auburn will have a bowl game!

If Mizzou beats LSU this weekend I can already tell you what week 6 over reaction will be

“Mizzou team to beat in the East”

38 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Mizzou beats LSU this weekend I can already tell you what week 6 over reaction will be

“Mizzou team to beat in the East”

Well I'm a transplant Mizzou fan since after I graduated from AU I moved to St. Louis area. I always pull for them but they are not a good team, they have not really played anyone and I know LSU is down but I do not think Mizzou will be there in the end, hope I am wrong but I do not think they have the players to really compete.

image.pngMemphis and KState are pretty decent.  MTSU would be the only yikes I see.  We will find out if Mizzou is real or fake in the next couple weeks.  Drink has put together some decent recruiting classes.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, Win4AU said:

Nailed it. Maybe Penn state ?? 

On 10/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, Win4AU said:

15 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Not overreactions at all. I agree about Oregon. I really do think this is the year. Bo Nix in particular. He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.

Can you be a dark horse for heisman when you have giant billboards of you for heisman in NYC and other places. As well as many posters held up every college gameday?

I may be wrong, ...and maybe my definition of dark horse is off. But if I've learned anything about getting older, it's about becoming entrenched in my current beliefs and refusing to educate myself about anything anymore.

;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Can you be a dark horse for heisman when you have giant billboards of you for heisman in NYC and other places. As well as many posters held up every college gameday?

I may be wrong, ...and maybe my definition of dark horse is off. But if I've learned anything about getting older, it's about becoming entrenched in my current beliefs and refusing to educate myself about anything anymore.

;) 

No matter what, he's a dark horse! Them's the rules! https://flywareagle.com/2021/04/17/auburn-football-twitter-aday-meme/

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Nailed it. Maybe Penn state ?? 

Penn State, ND, USC, Bama, Oklahoma would probably be next 5 out.  I’m sure I’m missing someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Washington 

Might flip Washington and Bama.  Washington did struggle with Arizona last week.  A lot of this is about to sort itself out somewhat in the next week with the Red River Rivalry, Bama A&M, ND Louisville.  A&M might be set for a big jump if they beat Bama.  Red River Rivalry winner should be set for a Playoff run unless another BIG12 school steps up.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:52 PM, WillMunny said:

Look out for Bama.  They are continually getting better with no pressure on them, and Saban knows how to play the "disrespect card" with his players.

I think we are their only possible loss for the rest of the regular season.  If they win the west, they will beat UGA in the SECCG.

I’m thinking Tam beats them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m thinking Tam beats them.

Me too. Their D is as bad as it has been in forever. Bottle up Milroe and the can not move the ball. JMHO 

Oregon does the same thing every year and some of you fall for it every single time. Reminds me of how Auburn's team with Gus would perform the same every season and when next season would come there was always hope that this year it would be different!

Teams watch and copy AU's strategy from last week and decide to double team Bowers so that he can only make one handed circus catches without breaking right or left, which he still does now and then. But Georgia loses 3 SEC games and misses the SEC Championship and playoff. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

On 10/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, Auctoritas said:

If Bo gets hurt they are finished. They would have been in the playoffs last year if he had been healthy. 

• Like 1