"The NIP" 2005

WarTim

7:48 a.m. Central Standard Time 8-27-05-The NIP was DECLARED! ! !

Walking around the yard this Saturday a.m. there was a "feeling" in the air. Don't get me wrong, it will STILL be in the 90s today, but, the humidity is LOW. The sunshine was a bit different. Somehow, everything seemed a bit "different". There were more than a few leaves lying about under the pear trees. One of my neighbors, who is in the proccess of building a new house, was clearing off part of his property. -burning leaves. :) Then, it happened. A COOL breeze, as Jaydubb would call it "a slight Zepher", blew across my yard with enough velocity to actually make tree limbs move. That was the last straw. (You know, the one that broke the camel's back!) I have been on "Nip watch" for a few weeks and it had FINALLY paid off. I made the official call to my brother in Atlanta and followed it up with a call to Jaydubb.(My Lovelly Bride insists that the heat has gotten to me. That is not all bad. It got me out of the yard and into my recliner where I am watching football...HS football, but , Football just the same. :)

The "Call of the NIP" has been made. The Auburn Tigers are one week away from defending their SEC Championship. God is in His Heaven, and ALL is RIGHT with the World! ! ! :au:

Now, If WE can make it just SEVEN more days 'till kickoff ! ! ! :D

WAR :au: EAGLE & Let's get READY for some AUBURN Football ! ! ! :au:

W D E :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

And lo, the Nip was called. And seven days hence, the earth shook under the feet of the 87,000 faithful and the cry rose up to the heavens, "Warrrrrrrrrrrrr Eagle! Hey!" And the Eagle soared on wings of steel and the eye of the Tiger was upon us and the faithful Plainsmen, dressed in Orange, roared, first "Orange" and then "Blue". And the bright lights hit the white helmets of righteousness and the blue of the armor struck fear in the plague of locust like insects that descended upon the Plains.

And somewhere, far away from it all, Shug and Jim smiled...

The NIP has been declared...

Tiger, a golden eagle whose lineage is traced back to the Civil War. The Legend of an Auburn student was wounded serving under Robert E. Lee in the Battle of the Wilderness. After losing consciousness, the soldier awoke seeing only two living things left on the battlefield -- himself and a baby eagle.

Twenty-eight years later, the soldier, a Auburn professor attending the Georgia-Auburn game in 1892 and his eagle to which brakes free and begins flying above the stadium as Auburn scores and the crowd erupts and chants "War Eagle!".

Brothers and Sisters..

War Damn Eagle!

<_< GoTiger.........I just moved from BTR and you couldn't find a nip of anything down there at this time of year!! The only "nip" that you got was this pesky little notion that LSU is going to fall flat on their faces (alla - AU two years ago) Enjoy the real call of the NIP by WarTim and wish that you lived anywhere but that stinch of a town called Baton Rouge. By the ----Game ON on OCt 22nd!!!! :roflol:

:poke: - Gotcha fired right!! Had to take a poke at my cajun friends!

Enjoy the NIP!! :D

Sorry but the NIP was declared more than 2 weeks ago.

Wrong again Tim.

176573[/snapback]

I believe you're confusing the Nip with that chill that went up your spine two weeks ago when it finally sank in that while we have National Coach of the Year Tommy Tuberville, you've only got a Les Miles with no SEC head coaching experience.

Everyone knows that WarTim is the only official Nip-Caller, just as the Tigers of Auburn are the only real Tigers. :poke::big:

WAR(Tim) EAGLE!

I was at work this morning at 5am, just a mile from Pensacola beach, walked outside to have a smoke at 6:30 with a co-worker. A breeze blew and sent a chill. I looked up at him and said,"The nip is in the air." He gave me this what the heck look and I only smiled. Thank You! Thank You1 Thank You! Something to take my mind off of possible storms.

WDE!

WT,

I noticed that it was quite cooler this morning than it had been in some time. I wondered if this condition extended far enough into Alabama as to constitute "The Nip." I was most hopeful and uplifted considering the thought. . . the game is but a week away.

Then, after rolling my 4-wheeler on an embankment and partially surviving, I headed back to the truck only to notice the ground in the woods covered with robins heading south! I knew I had lived to experience yet another Nip! Just now I checked the Nation and found that I was right!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO & WAAAAAAARRRRRRRRREAGLE!!

U B Da MAN, WT!!!

Is that the same GeauxTigers that was so omnipresent on this site last year about this time?

Who asked such profound questions as, "Can you tell me any reason why the LSU-Auburn game should be any different this year ('04) than last year('03)?" (I composed a series of one-word answers, a series of two-word answers, three-word, etc, etc, but never got around to posting them because we were leaving on a trip.)

I was in Johannesburg, South Africa that weekend. Got to an internet cafe Sunday morning and dialed up ESPN for the score: "Yessss!"

LSU has a LOT of talent but has QB questions, and I don't believe Miles is the coach that Saban is.

Ought to be an interesting game.

Sorry but the NIP was declared more than 2 weeks ago.

Wrong again Tim.

176573[/snapback]

Corndogs can't smell the nip :poke:

Good call WT. It's funny, I was listening to the radio early thie morning and the weather guys actually said "there's a nip in the air." I was hoping you felt it.

War Eagle!!! Bring on the Crotch Crickets :cheer:

WOOHOOO!! Finally, the NIP is called!!!!!!! FOOTBALL is in the air!!!!!!!

I can't WAIT til Saturday!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

:corndog: TOOK a nip 2 weeks a go is what he really meant to say.

Tim I noticed to day that the wind was cooler and the sky had a new bluer look too.

:cheer::football::football::football::au::football::football::football::cheer:

the weather up here in NC certainly dictated a NIP call, and i figured it could only be a matter of time before WT called 'nip.

the time has come.

ct

:cheer:

And lo, the Nip was called.  And seven days hence, the earth shook under the feet of the 87,000 faithful and the cry rose up to the heavens, "Warrrrrrrrrrrrr Eagle! Hey!"  And the Eagle soared on wings of steel and the eye of the Tiger was upon us and the faithful Plainsmen, dressed in Orange, roared, first "Orange" and then "Blue".  And the bright lights hit the white helmets of righteousness and the blue of the armor struck fear in the plague of locust like insects that descended upon the Plains.

And somewhere, far away from it all, Shug and Jim smiled...

176554[/snapback]

If that don't stir one's heart or put chill bumps on the skin, they should kindly check in to the nearest morgue, because they simply aren't alive! WDE!!!!!!!!!!

I was at beautiful Lake Martin all day and was not near a computer. We commented all day how the weather was perfect and there seemed to be a little, "Nip" in the air this morning. Great call Timmy C. :cheer::au::cheer:

It looks like the Nip finally arrived here in coastal SC. Yesterday was hot and muggy, but today is the sky is clear and blue. The heat has subsided just a little bit, and I can smell the pigskin and bourbon wafting in the ocean breeze.

As for me, I will at least be able to make Thursday night's game in Columbia for the return of Steve Spurrier. No, it's not Auburn, but its football, and I'll be there.

Damn, I'm ready for Saturday.

War Damn Eagle!

My Lovelly Bride has now accused me of calling a Hurricane induced "Nip".

I had to explain to her that the "Nip" is more powerful than any old hurricane. :D

Seriously, remember those folks on the coast and elsewhere that will be effected by Katrina. May God keep them safe.

WAR EAGLE! ! :au:

Hurry SATURDAY Hurry! :cheer:

Archived