2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont have a problem going with the youth movement.  If we don't though, we won't win 5 games next year. Another screw up by Freeze this year by not giving HG or HB snaps instead of wasting them on RA.

Any word on RA coming back?

No need for a portal Qb.  It’s the Hank and Walker show now!  I think Auburn needs another proven WR and some Oline help.  

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

No need for a portal Qb.  It’s the Hank and Walker show now!  I think Auburn needs another proven WR and some Oline help.  

Better be ready to have another losing record next yr.

Does anyone know when Auburn Live returns? I'm very eager to hear their input on transfer QBs.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont have a problem going with the youth movement.  If we don't though, we won't win 5 games next year. Another screw up by Freeze this year by not giving HG or HB snaps instead of wasting them on RA.

I don’t mind a reasonably “priced” portal QB I think is can’t miss. Don’t see one. Assessing a high school QB, developing him and building a commitment to the team the old fashioned way is likely our best shot.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t mind a reasonably “priced” portal QB I think is can’t miss. Don’t see one. Assessing a high school QB, developing him and building a commitment to the team the old fashioned way is likely our best shot.

But if keeping Perry and Cam is at stake, we may not have a choice.

Edited by AUwent

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Does anyone know when Auburn Live returns? I'm very eager to hear their input on transfer QBs.

Jan 8 I believe 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Jan 8 I believe 

Unf, I'm sure their convo will be all about the NC. Hope not and it's about what actually matters.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Then who?

Ugh. So we may very well be about to lose them come next year?

(If POSSIBLE, I'd say reallocate any $ we have for RW on the JMU kid.)

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Went, did u make any New Years Resolutions?

• Haha 1

Based on what's currently available, I think it would be either McCloud or Jefferson.  Not that I am overly excited about either but likely only ones available that we might could afford.  We are where we are.  Really wish we could solidify the OL more than anything.   Need some really good pass blocking to give whomever is our time to see and throw.  OL is the one position that I think we are desperately hurting at.  The other being the DL.  Until we get those two positions corrected, we are going to continue to have major issues.

5 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Based on what's currently available, I think it would be either McCloud or Jefferson.  Not that I am overly excited about either but likely only ones available that we might could afford.  We are where we are.  Really wish we could solidify the OL more than anything.   Need some really good pass blocking to give whomever is our time to see and throw.  OL is the one position that I think we are desperately hurting at.  The other being the DL.  Until we get those two positions corrected, we are going to continue to have major issues.

KJ Jefferson committed to UCF today. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

KJ Jefferson committed to UCF today. 

Goober will run the wheels off KJ. He will flourish in goobers offense . 

18 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

tOSU, Miami and USCw are all in the hunt as well.

27 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Jefferson is off the board

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Goober will run the wheels off KJ. He will flourish in goobers offense . 

Or kill him 

• Haha 1

They have got to find an answer at QB NOW or we won’t be able to keep cam or perry after year 1 and we definitely won’t be able to convince Williams to sign in February. Honestly with our current situation, why would he want to come? We can’t get the ball to 1 WR now, so how do we expect to make 3 5 star receivers happy?!? 

Some of you really need to either step away from the edge or go ahead and jump. Worrying about losing 2 guys to the portal before they even step on campus because of hypotheticals reminds me of my mother dreaming up wild randomness to worry over. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, DAG said:

Apparently other auburn sites stating we attempted to reach out to Ward, but it looks like his price is just too high for everyone.

Cam Ward made a comment that he was offered $3 Million. It was also mentioned that Auburn tried to get in late like others have said here. I was wondering if it was Auburn that offered the $3 million. 

Edit: Cam Ward wasn't the one that stated $3 million. It was KJ Bolden. Thanks to @CR for the correction. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
It needs correction.
  • Like 1