*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

I am no coach but it’s plan as day RA was playing with urgency. Even if u get a FG that’s better than nothing . RA and PT demeanor are completely different. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Don't ever wish an injury but if Bowers was going to go out with an ankle, wish it would have been last week lol

I literally just said the same thing to my people. Lol. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sizzle said:

Yeah the offensive coaching staff has been super disappointing this season. Hugh just seems completely confused 

And he keeps telling us how much talent we lack. 

Just now, meh130 said:

We are really bad. We are really, really bad. Yes, LSU has a great offense, but over 300 yards in the the first half against a decent AU defense? And a 107 yards offense against a bad defense?

We just are not good at all.

We played inspired against UGA, as did Arky. Maybe UGA is not that good. Maybe UAT is not that good. But we don’t seem to be in the Ole Miss level of mid-tier SEC West right now.

That's because we are a bad offense, in case you haven't noticed. It doesn't take good defenses to stop our offense.

I stayed on the Harsin train until after the year 2 PSU debacle, even while the signs were flashing much earlier. Not doing it again. Our offense is as anemic, disorganized, and ineffective as I’ve ever seen it. 2012 bad. Poor coaching on the part of Hugh and the entire offensive staff. No way we should look this bad at mid season and after an off week. 

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

I am no coach but it’s plan as day RA was playing with urgency. Even if u get a FG that’s better than nothing . RA and PT demeanor are completely different. 

Yeah they are different and our head coach acts as stubborn as Gus did.  I don’t know what Hugh sees or thinks, but Thorne continues to regress and the moment still is way too big for him.  He really should not even play one more snap on this team.  He doesn’t have it.  

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

WTH is wrong with our play calling and subs? Whoever is making these decisions needs to go home. Big interception and no deep shot. Instead, they opened the last drive with a deep shot which made no sense to call at the time. Now they’re switching QBs after one gets momentum. Robby had it rolling a little bit. It’s like they’re intentionally sabotaging our offense with terrible ideas and decisions. Good grief. I can do that for far less pay. 

If you have a simple QB, you need a simple playback. Quick solution... get the Thorne out of the game. He's a disaster.

Just now, e808 said:

Of course their demeanor is completely different. One of them only has to run the ball. It’s a bit different when you are throwing to guys that are not in the same page all the time. 
But those quick RPOs looked good. We need to hit. A few more of those.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Don't ever wish an injury but if Bowers was going to go out with an ankle, wish it would have been last week lol

I have no problem with injuries that are not serious when it sidelines their better players during our game.

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

If the coaching staff hasn’t figured out a “rotation” by game 6 they’re not going to.  And on top of that, I’m more concerned that Hugh thinks Thorne gives this team the best chance to win.  

This game and the decision making kinda cements what Hugh thinks.  He has the power to veto anything Montgomery does and Hugh’s 100% behind this mind bender of and offensive scheme.  Lol

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah they are different and our head coach acts as stubborn as Gus did.  I don’t know what Hugh sees or thinks, but Thorne continues to regress and the moment still is way too big for him.  He really should not even play one more snap on this team.  He doesn’t have it.  

The moment is not to big for him. He's played in the big 10 and played in many big moments. 

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

2012 offense was better than this dumpster fire.   

image.gif.de9cbed21a379f5237a5bf08bcdcfcca.gif

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

And he keeps telling us how much talent we lack. 

Yep he points the finger all over the place. He has enough talent to NOT look this bad. There is no reason for the offense to look this dang bad at this point in the season. Hell Gus would have found 1 or 2 plays we did well and just kept running them, by NOW.

Just now, keesler said:

This game and the decision making kinda cements what Hugh thinks.  He has the power to veto anything Montgomery does and Hugh’s 100% behind this mind bender of and offensive scheme.  Lol

Well if that’s true, then it’s only a matter of time before we are searching for yet another head coach.  

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

I’d rather see Barrett Trotter or Clint Moseley led offenses over this putrid offense.  

There are about 5 or 6 AU teams in the last 12 years that I’d have loved to have had Trotter on.

• Like 1

Hugh better recruit his buttocks off, because I am not seeing any improvement week to week. I see confusion, boredom, penalties and stupid, stupid play calling. He’s got a weak roster, but Missouri lit these guys up with no much more. At some point, you have to prove something. If you’re a blue chip receiver, QB or offensive lineman, why would you want to play what we’re showing?

Just now, murpjf88 said:

The moment is not to big for him. He's played in the big 10 and played in many big moments. 

The big 10 is not the SEC not even close.  And on top of that, he had a lot of talent around him that hid his lack of talent.