*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Who wants to bet that Montgomery will not be the play caller the rest of the season? 

Ok I’ll bet that he won’t then!

I know people won’t like to hear it, but it is going to take patience to build our team back, no matter who our HC is.  It takes time to bring talent in, and develop that talent.  We do have the portal, but it’s a hit or Miss with those guys.

I think Freeze is the guy to do it, but we need to look in the mirror and figure out where to go from here.  He is doing the right things off of the field, just need to maximize our current situation on the field like we did against UGA.

We have a home game next against Ole Miss.  Let’s see what we can improve on.  It would be nice to land that win, just because it’s Kiffin.  

• Like 3

I expected LSU to win. I did not expect  our players to seem listless at best. I hate it for AU and us fans. 

Hope they learn a lesson and a little humble pie.

It’s been hard to watch.

• Like 1

I guess the game plan was to come out and get the passing game going no matter what. So many 50/50 balls. U have  a very injured and depleted defense no chance

Just now, DKW 86 said:

We have no talent compared to the Top of the SEC. We had s*** recruiting for years. Cue a review of OL recruiting over the last ten years. CGM and Potato Man did this and we had a part in letting them get away with it. Funny part is that we over paid both CGM and CBH to leave the team with almost zero talent. 

Bringing in an almost entire new OL, new QB, expected way more from this offense than what we are seeing. We literally had the longest streak of sub 100 passing games vs power 5 opponents in the last 20 years coming into this game 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sideline is a morgue

Those few shots of our sideline towards the end were awful. We look completely demoralized. I wish I had the confidence at this point that our coach could breathe life back into our guys, but he seems just as hopeless. 

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Don't really know how many of the guys on this team want to wear the AU, honestly it's disturbing. This is the most disappointed I've been in AU team in quite some time. Absolutely no fire or passion 

And that is a reflection of the coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

People are pissed awb, they will vent when the O&B are playing so poorly.  Even more so when the Coaching and player rotation is so baffling. 

I understand, but there are lines and I think that crossed it.  And I think Swamp is better than that.  It surprised me he said that actually.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

I didn't think Auburn would win this game, but thought they would put up a better show than this. I wonder if it's time to play freshmen and take redshirts of those who are redshirted this year and give them experience. 

What could it hurt?

It’s not about losing. It’s how we are losing. Did you see the camera panning at our players…I don’t like that. They looked completely lost and not confident. 

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

We have no talent compared to the Top of the SEC. We had s*** recruiting for years. Cue a review of OL recruiting over the last ten years. CGM and Potato Man did this and we had a part in letting them get away with it. Funny part is that we over paid both CGM and CBH to leave the team with almost zero talent. 

Spot on. It's like folks  forget that. Saban wouldn't win 7 games w thus rag tag, duct tape roster

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I know people won’t like to hear it, but it is going to take patience to build our team back, no matter who our HC is.  It takes time to bring talent in, and develop that talent.  We do have the portal, but it’s a hit or Miss with those guys.

I think Freeze is the guy to do it, but we need to look in the mirror and figure out where to go from here.  He is doing the right things off of the field, just need to maximize our current situation on the field like we did against UGA.

We have a home game next against Ole Miss.  Let’s see what we can improve on.  It would be nice to land that win, just because it’s Kiffin.  

Most know patient is needed but it’s like the coaches don’t know the pulse of the team . Always seem to switch QBs at the worst time and kills the drive

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Who wants to bet that Montgomery will not be the play caller the rest of the season? 

If Thorne is QB, it doesn't matter who is calling the plays.

• Like 1

Please tell me @Golden Eagle why any auburn qb should be worried about injury when they have not shown anything in regards to leading an AU football team like a leader should. Nobody at that position has. And I'm sorry if you aren't fighting to get a first down tooth and nail even when the game is out of reach. U shouldn't be playing high level ball bc u aren't a leader 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, e808 said:

Most know patient is needed but it’s like the coaches don’t know the pulse of the team . Always seem to switch QBs at the worst time and kills the drive

Yeah pick a QB. Gracious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It would be nice to land that win, just because it’s Kiffin.

It will be nice to get any SEC win. Will your tune change if we go winless in the SEC this year? 

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

It’s been hard to watch.

My recommendation is to not watch. It’s worked out pretty well for me so far. 

• Like 1

Had the whole day to myself, watched a bunch of great games today, and both the winners and losers of all of those games had decent passing attacks. All of them. Guys could get open, creative playcalling. Having to watch this whatever you call it, is heartbreaking.  Can’t nobody get open, no creativity, no exploiting any part of a bad defense, QB has zero field vision.  OLine folds like wet toilet paper.  RBs run for 0, 1, 2 yards.  I think we could mix it up with the playcalling.  So pedestrian. Oscar gets a hell of a workout.  

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I like how he has tried to build a program from recruiting but the game day stuff is some of the worst we have seen 

As long as the committed recruits don’t notice how bad the coaching is, I think we’ll be okay.  Maybe they won’t notice some of the boneheaded player rotation or the cemetery-like sideline demeanor right now. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Please tell me @Golden Eagle why any auburn qb should be worried about injury when they have not shown anything in regards to leading an AU football team like a leader should. Nobody at that position has. And I'm sorry if you aren't fighting to get a first down tooth and nail even when the game is out of reach. U shouldn't be playing high level ball bc u aren't a leader 

I read that in the Waterboy’s voice. All you needed was a “momma said”…

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Some players need to be demoted.

I believe that started tonight. There were a lot of new faces getting reps over some previous starters.