2025 4* Safety Anquon Fegans

Paladin

• Paladin changed the title to 2025 4* Safety Anquon Fegans
  • 4 weeks later...

Freeze working to land Rivals100 safety

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

ALABASTER, Ala. — Auburn's already landed one defensive back from Thompson, now its going after another.

With Kaleb Harris on board for the 2024 class, Hugh Freeze has his eyes set on 2025 safety Anquon Fegans, the No. 34 player in the nation and top five player in the state. He found his way to campus last month, when Auburn hosted Mississippi State.

"It went good," Fegans said. "Every time I go down there they just show me major love."

The four-star safety had initially committed to USC in May earlier this year. Several months later, Fegans announced he was backing off his pledge to the Trojans and reopening his recruitment.

It's a battle for Fegans — he's one of the nation's best — so the Tigers have their general leading the charge in the recruiting efforts for the safety. Freeze is the primary recruiter for him, which makes him feel like a high priority for the Tigers.

"He’s just been telling me go where the culture fits, go where you can fit in, go where you can be the best you," Fegans said.

Right now, Fegans is more focused on his team's playoff run. Thompson is looking to win its fifth state title in a row under head coach Mark Freeman, kicking off the first round with a home game over Florence.

Heavily favored, the Warriors blanked Florence 42-0, with Fegans only playing for one half. Still, he knows how quickly playoff football can change and cherishes every victory.

"It gave us a lot of momentum going into next week," Fegans said. "Most teams won’t get a chance to come back out and compete next week. God gave us the ability to compete next week. Without God, none of this would be possible."

Fegans' top 12 schools are Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, USC, Tennessee, Florida State, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Clemson, LSU, Michigan, Georgia and Texas A&M.

He visited Florida State over the weekend and plans to be back in Auburn for an Iron Bowl. There is no timeline at the moment for a decision, but there is a reason why he continues to visit Auburn.

"It always makes me feel like I’m at home," Fegans said.

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 2

Love reading that Auburn feels like home.  It's where we sent all 3 of our children because it is like home.  Auburn plus a head coach with a personality and love for others, surrounded by similar staff members, and the ability to match competing monetary offers = top 5 recruiting classes.   When the $$$$ are equal, Bama will no longer dominate us.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

Freeze is the primary recruiter for him, which makes him feel like a high priority for the Tigers.

IMG_0745.gif