*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, AUBwins said:

My man!!!!! 

OIG(1).jpeg.61827f514286892ba5c1d21ff4223c82.jpeg.jpg

Would love to see us in unis like this!

• Like 2

Before someone says "wHy dIdN't wE dO tHiS aLL nIGht!?!?"

Because OM wasn't playing zone and allowing underneath throws all night so we'd have to burn clock to move the ball downfield.  That's not how it works.

• Like 3

Offensive coordinators can scheme guys open. I refuse to believe it's all on the receiving options and QB. I fear even with better talent, this will continue. I'm supposed to believe things are just going to open completely up then? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

Funny how passing timing improves if you don't play musical qb's.

It’s funny how your passing improves against the scrubs. 

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

What do you think CHF is trying to do? He is feverishly trying to overcome a complete lack of talent. This guy beat CNS when he at least some talent. 

Just try throwing to receivers. Just try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

That argument might work if we were even trying before that drive.

But we weren’t trying slants before that.

1 minute ago, drɘxɘl said:

Would you look at that. Apparently a quick slant to 13 is a good idea

Doesn’t hurt that they’re laying back giving us everything in front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The fact that Thorne is good enough to throw these passes and they don’t let him do it until we are 2 TDs behind is criminal. I hate Hugh and Monty tonight.

Exactly. PT might not be great, but there's no way he's as bad as this coaching staff has made him look. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Before someone says "wHy dIdN't wE dO tHiS aLL nIGht!?!?"

Because OM wasn't playing zone and allowing underneath throws all night so we'd have to burn clock to move the ball downfield.  That's not how it works.

We weren't trying any type of a pass game until the last two drives. We never forced OM to have to make an adjustment till they wanted to. 6 freaking pass attempts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It's going to happen. We're not beating any SEC team this year.

Most coaches don’t get to lose to Ole Miss and Miss St and keep their jobs. Especially they would not make a season losing to Ole Miss, Miss St, and Vandy. I believe Hugh has it in him to lose all three. He will get a pass because of it’s his first season.

1 minute ago, Mkvl04 said:

Offensive coordinators can scheme guys open. I refuse to believe it's all on the receiving options and QB. I fear even with better talent, this will continue. I'm supposed to believe things are just going to open completely up then? 

Dude, take a damn breath. This guy beat CNS two games in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What about them? Freeze literally said he doesn't think about the game until 30 minutes before kickoff.

It’s an Auburn thing, bruh…Auburn is sucking a** at running football programs for awhile. We’re now paying the piper for the sins of the father.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

Just now, KansasTiger said:

We weren't trying any type of a pass game until the last two drives. We never forced OM to have to make an adjustment till they wanted to. 6 freaking pass attempts.

We threw downfield twice. It resulted in 2 INTs. So OM wasn’t really worried. 

9 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Offensive line is offensive. That’s our problem 

Ole Miss could rush one and Thorne would still find a way to get sacked for a loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

for those talking about lack of passing game … the game plans have been f’n horrible … you can scheme around some of the issues we have … some of the easiest fixes are 1) throw the ball in the middle of the field 2) use drags &/or delay routes near the line of scrimmage 3) for the love please … PLEASE … can we get a coach that has more than one live route on a pass attempt … I realize that we probably can’t block long enough to do check downs BUT we have QB’s looking at one receiver through Malzahn, Harsin & now Freeze … completely absurd  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Yeah, we were trying. We just weren’t blocking or executing. You know, as usual.

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Toot little too late as usual. Why do we wait to open up the playbook and routes until the game is just out of reach? 

Yep I said the same with the passes to RF late, like why and why can we only catch stuff when the pressure isn't on?

• Like 1

I can confidently say with the defensive effort Auburn gave tonight Ole Miss would have lost this game with the previous two coaches 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1