*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

Yeah, that was a good touchdown. But, we should have subbed-in Ashford. Don't know what we were thinkin'.

1 minute ago, einatlanta said:

1) receivers who can't get any separation

2) no definitive QB 

3) thin defense (they have had sparks of greatness and if we can get some quality depth they can be great)

4) inconsistent O line....not as bad as last year though

The way to fix this:

- Top 10 recruiting class with some quality WRs

- Transfer portal for O-line in '24..... quality depth in '25

- coordinators with a better fit

- D....just bring in good depth and coordinator that fits personnel and HF vision

My 2 cents 

What do you think CHF is trying to do? He is feverishly trying to overcome a complete lack of talent. This guy beat CNS when he at least some talent. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Caddy would not have been able to sustain that for a whole season. He was not working on a plan, but on right now with what he had. 
The current staff is working in a plan. It’s not going as well as they thought it would, but the plan is there. 

Eh I'm not sure what plan they are on but it hasn't been working for weeks and all he does is make excuses..he was supposed to move the offense forward and they are no better than what we saw last year...a good coach would have one some of these close games and it's like he is not even trying..

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, did we even try to throw to WRs?  Drops, ints, whatever. Not even attempting. Never seen anything like this. 

2 drops rest just either bad pass and or 1 read

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Oh my God. Slants work, and not just in madden?

See this is the stuff that makes u have more questions than answers

5 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

1) receivers who can't get any separation

2) no definitive QB 

3) thin defense (they have had sparks of greatness and if we can get some quality depth they can be great)

4) inconsistent O line....not as bad as last year though

The way to fix this:

- Top 10 recruiting class with some quality WRs

- Transfer portal for O-line in '24..... quality depth in '25

- coordinators with a better fit

- D....just bring in good depth and coordinator that fits personnel and HF vision

My 2 cents 

That's a whole lot of ifs. Don't worry though, we only need a bunch of big time OL, a handful of impact D-lineman, several big time linebackers, and a mess of impact receivers. So close. 

That being said, I hope we get them, and look totally different after it. 

Edited by WeaglWeaglWDE
  • Haha 1

The fact that Thorne is good enough to throw these passes and they don’t let him do it until we are 2 TDs behind is criminal. I hate Hugh and Monty tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Oh my God. Slants work, and not just in madden?

The defense has relaxed a bit. That gives room underneath. They have not been back the whole game. 

22 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Maybe if we had a coach that thought about the game a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.

He just got here. So how about the previous years? It’s an AUBURN thing, not a coach thing.,

Edited by Swamp Eagle

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Hugh is garbage and we are losing winnable games because of him. If his sorry arse loses to Miss St I’m lose it. 

It's going to happen. We're not beating any SEC team this year.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

The fact that Thorne is good enough to throw these passes and they don’t let him do it until we are 2 TDs behind is criminal. I hate Hugh and Monty tonight.

This

• Like 2

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

Wow, a slant 2 plays in a row!      who knew? 

They worked at LSU too!  Maybe we’ll see them again after a few more games.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

6 passes through three, and a half quarters is beyond inexcusable 

Just now, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

That's a whole lot of ifs. Don't worry though, we only need a bunch of big time OL, a handful of impact D-lineman, several big time linebackers, and a mess of impact receivers. So close. 

And two years minimum to recruit all that. 

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

The defense has relaxed a bit. That gives room underneath. They have not been back the whole game. 

That argument might work if we were even trying before that drive.