I expect the "what i saw at the Ol Miss game" weekly article

aubiefifty

should be interesting. i have read the boo birds were out in force last night.  i expect better things in the future. i am predicting a coaching shakeup at the end of the season. freeze did not forget how to coach. if there is a coaching conflict he is not going to throw anyone under the bus during the season. i predict he calls the plays himself next year. and while our O line is taking baby steps we need a huge upgrade in qb. i doubt walker is going to come in and start as a frosh so it would not surprise me if he goes to the portal for a qb unless one of our guys improves..anyway i would like folks to remember that as bad as we hurt those players hurt more.and let me say for those tired of hearing the talent level excuse need to remember it is"all about the joes" and all the great coaches claimed this and joe left the building but his little cousin ernie is here. if we bring in the guys this year in the next recruiting class i am not panicking but if we lose some of those guys we need bad i will probably get really worried.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

should be interesting. i have read the boo birds were out in force last night.  i expect better things in the future. i am predicting a coaching shakeup at the end of the season. freeze did not forget how to coach. if there is a coaching conflict he is not going to throw anyone under the bus during the season. i predict he calls the plays himself next year. and while our O line is taking baby steps we need a huge upgrade in qb. i doubt walker is going to come in and start as a frosh so it would not surprise me if he goes to the portal for a qb unless one of our guys improves..anyway i would like folks to remember that as bad as we hurt those players hurt more.and let me say for those tired of hearing the talent level excuse need to remember it is"all about the joes" and all the great coaches claimed this and joe left the building but his little cousin ernie is here. if we bring in the guys this year in the next recruiting class i am not panicking but if we lose some of those guys we need bad i will probably get really worried.

The boos were greatly exaggerated by Matt Cohen’s article. There were some boos on a failed third down conversion that were directly leveled at the play call. The booing was very limited and not directed at the players as ‘ClickBait’ Cohen implied. In fact, the loudest boos came when the Ole Miss band tried to crank up Hoddy Toddy, but I wouldn’t expect someone like Cohen to know or understand that. The offense remains bad and disjointed, and a cause for concern but we were in this game until mid 4th quarter. Few expected that to the be the case after last week. We’re coming out of a brutal stretch where we played 3 of the top 4 SEC teams and now we play 3 of the worst in the next 3 weeks. Things should look and feel better over the next  4 weeks. The defense held Dart to 10 completions and a season low passing yards. 
First years are rarely pretty. Kiffin’s first year he was 5-5 and had a defense as bad as our offense. Norvell at FSU had back to back losing seasons including a bad home loss to Jax St. Both of those coaches have turned things around with a better roster and Hugh is trying to do that. The amount of high profile recruits at our home games has been insanely impressive. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The boos were greatly exaggerated by that goof Matt Cohen in yet another hit price on Auburn. There were some boos on a failed third down conversion that were directly leveled at the play call. The booing was very limited and not directed at the players as ‘ClickBait’ Cohen implied. In fact, the loudest boos came when the Ole Miss band tried to crank up Hoddy Toddy, but I wouldn’t expect someone like Cohen to know or understand that. The offense remains bad and disjointed, and a cause for concern but we were in this game until mid 4th quarter. Few expected that to the be the case after last week. We’re coming out of a brutal stretch where we played 3 of the top 4 SEC teams and now we play 3 of the worst in the next 3 weeks. Things should look and feel better over the next  4 weeks. The defense held Dart to 10 completions and a season low passing yards. 
First years are rarely pretty. Kiffin’s first year he was 5-5 and had a defense as bad as our offense. Norvell at FSU had back to back losing seasons including a bad home loss to Jax St. Both of those coaches have turned things around with a better roster and Hugh is trying to do that. The amount of high profile recruits at our home games has been insanely impressive. 

Thanks for helping my day Gowebb. Going fishing, come in and grill something, have a beer, and read this again before bed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Are you referring to my article I write?  I’m confused

yes i am. i am not insulting you in any way i just read about the boo birds.........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you referring to my article I write?  I’m confused

My reference was the AU beat writer Matt Cohen’s article on AL.com . I considered it over the top negative and derogatory. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My reference was the AU beat writer Matt Cohen’s article on AL.com . I considered it over the top negative and derogatory. 

Oh no I meant what 50 was saying about expecting the “What I saw at the Ole Miss Game” article.  I typically write the Monday after every home game “My Thoughts from the Stadium.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Oh no I meant what 50 was saying about expecting the “What I saw at the Ole Miss Game” article.  I typically write the Monday after every home game “My Thoughts from the Stadium.”

I always enjoy your columns. They are balanced and you always have some great perspective. Thanks for doing them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

While it appeared that Freeze did theplay calling when Ashford was in.  But if taking over play calling, Freeze doesn't need to wait until next year he needs to implement that now.  Although that would probably make him look like Gus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carnell said:

While it appeared that Freeze did theplay calling when Ashford was in.  But if taking over play calling, Freeze doesn't need to wait until next year he needs to implement that now.  Although that would probably make him look like Gus.

A lot of this offense continues to look like Gus, may as well flip-flop back to play calling at this point, things can’t get worse. 

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

An over-the-top negative and derogatory article from AL.com??  :blink:

no way

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Carnell said:

50 minutes ago, keesler said:

A lot of this offense continues to look like Gus, may as well flip-flop back to play calling at this point, things can’t get worse. 

I read some absurd article today saying UCF fans were calling for Gus to get fired (LOL!) and this writer thought it would be a great idea to bring Gus back as OC. I thought, “no thank you”, although I still believe he’s on our payroll…

https://flywareagle.com/2023/10/22/auburn-football-open-reunion-ex-coach/

Edited by AUINSY