How the Democrats betrayed the Jews

AUFAN78

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps because you didn't live 2,400 years ago when it was written?

Pretty complicated plot, but as you suggest, nothing the creator can't "sort out". :-\

Solid comment as usual from homer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A kind suggestion from this forum customer.  Take a couple of hours and go see the movie “After Death” playing in theaters now. Very interesting takes from various angles on the existence of God and the afterlife.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, jj3jordan said:

He is pretty much spot-on. Rapture and the Jews is a deal most don’t understand. My belief is that Gods covenant with the Jews will be enforced in a separate track than Christians and messianic Jews. It may be they will still be saved ultimately but may have to die in the tribulation period in order to receive the gift.  I don’t fully understand their position but God will sort it out. It is a mistake to call revelation anti semitic. He also calls us righteous but should just say Christians. No one is “righteous” enough to be granted entrance without Jesus.

So yeah. We like him.

The rapture, the beast, the 1000 years, ect - is all Book of Revelation.  I won’t challenge your beliefs but fyi - the council of Nicaea who selected and rejected what books to include in the Bible almost didn’t include it (some considered it heretic), many Christian churches don’t accept it today (ie Orthodox Christianity), no one knows who wrote it (“John” but not the apostle), and it’s an allegory written in Ancient Greek and no one really understands its meaning.  Candidly I struggle with it but I respect your beliefs.

Edited by auburnatl1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The rapture, the beast, the 1000 years, ect - is all Book of Revelation.  I won’t challenge your beliefs but fyi - the council of Nicaea who selected and rejected what books to include in the Bible almost didn’t include it (some considered it heretic), many Christian churches don’t accept it today (ie Orthodox Christianity), no one knows who wrote it (“John” but not the apostle), and it’s an allegory written in Ancient Greek and no one really understands its meaning.  Candidly I struggle with it but I respect your beliefs.

I believe God chose which books to include in the Bible. There were numerous ones that were not included. Nothing wrong with a lot of them just didn't make the cut. Thank you for your candidness. I grew up SB in Bham, saved at 9 and continued to trust Jesus. I am somewhat sheltered apparently because it causes me physical distress to see some of the things people write on these pages. The abject hatred of God and Jesus is just hard for me to fathom. Makes me sad but also to continue to attempt to witness in some way.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I believe God chose which books to include in the Bible. There were numerous ones that were not included. Nothing wrong with a lot of them just didn't make the cut. Thank you for your candidness. I grew up SB in Bham, saved at 9 and continued to trust Jesus. I am somewhat sheltered apparently because it causes me physical distress to see some of the things people write on these pages. The abject hatred of God and Jesus is just hard for me to fathom. Makes me sad but also to continue to attempt to witness in some way.

I believe many Christians, especially in the South, have an unfounded defense mechanism when it comes to the Bible.  Someone can conclude that a portion of scripture is overly influenced by the men writing it and believe it to be flawed without disavowing their faith. After all, it is clear that all sin is not equal in nature and that commandments are not all of equal importance.  Excluding someone from fellowship due to the judgment of men is a form of spiritual elitism that Christ took every opportunity to call out as being in conflict with God's commandment to love your brother and be of service to your brother without condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1