Baby steps

TigerPAC

I've been at my parents place all day pressure washing decks and haven't watched or listened to any games today. Just came inside to see the final 3 minutes. I saw PT's stats and they were really nice for how this year has gone. Did Robby play much? I didn't see any passing stats for him so did Monty and Freeze stop the 2 QB thing that was killing our rhythm all year? 

Also, what did Mississippi State do to stop our 2nd half scoring?

I recorded the game and will watch tonight. Very happy with this SEC win and praying it sparks us to where we can reel off a few wins and go into the Iron Bowl with some momentum. WDE

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I've been at my parents place all day pressure washing decks and haven't watched or listened to any games today. Just came inside to see the final 3 minutes. I saw PT's stats and they were really nice for how this year has gone. Did Robby play much? I didn't see any passing stats for him so did Monty and Freeze stop the 2 QB thing that was killing our rhythm all year? 

I recorded the game and will watch tonight. Very happy with this SEC win and praying it sparks us to where we can reel off a few wins and go into the Iron Bowl with some momentum. WDE

They put 8 in box, and we still tried to run. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, JKClark said:

They put 8 in box, and we still tried to run. 

Exactly. Bad play calling and far too conservative. MSU has one of the worst secondaries in the country, but for some unknown reason, we abandoned throwing the ball during, what was PT’s best game of the year. That’s on the coaches and play calling. We could have hung 40 plus on them. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

With a double digit lead at halftime, we got too conservative in the second half. Had multiple second half drives that were run for no gain first down, run for no gain second down, pass on third and long. Coaches are hopefully going to not take their foot of the gas moving forward if we get into that position again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind, yes it was with Will Rogers but MSU beat a pretty good Arizona team. This is by no means mid-2000s MSU.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

With a double digit lead at halftime, we got too conservative in the second half. Had multiple second half drives that were run for no gain first down, run for no gain second down, pass on third and long. Coaches are hopefully going to not take their foot of the gas moving forward if we get into that position again. 

+1 not sure how to get the stats but all you would have to do is post the pass plays for the 1st half on first and second down and then the same for the second half, they basically went into a shell and did opposite than what they did in the first half. I do not have the numbers but my guess is they didnt throw once on first down in the second half and not sure they did on second down either...that stat alone will tell you how big of a difference play calling was in second half vs the first...

It's prolly just me but I hate that prevent defense crap, keep your foot on the throttle at least one more score, I dunno but it was Jekyll and Hyde and Hyde came out second half due to the play calling...sigh

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Keep in mind, yes it was with Will Rogers but MSU beat a pretty good Arizona team. This is by no means mid-2000s MSU.

With Will Roger’s today…we lose.  Our DL was poo the whole game. Tackling was poo much of the game. 2nd Half playcalling was double poo. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Miss State is terrible. There is no spinning that

• Like 1

1st half was very encouraging!   A lot to build on!!!

2nd half was stubborn “playing not to lose” crap that usually gets us beat.  

If we can build on what we learned in the first half and develop a Tiger mentality to put teams away when we have the opportunity, we can be a pretty good team by the time bama comes to town!

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

1st half was very encouraging!   A lot to build on!!!

2nd half was stubborn “playing not to lose” crap that usually gets us beat.  

If we can build on what we learned in the first half and develop a Tiger mentality to put teams away when we have the opportunity, we can be a pretty good team by the time bama comes to town!

The playing not to lose thing is what worries me. Coaches that have that mentality have a hard time moving away from it. 

• Like 1

Auburn's coaching staff was the best defensive unit on the field today. They made the necessary half time adjustments to hold an offense, that had scored 21 points with relative ease in the first half, to scoring only 6 in the second half.

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

FIFY

I said what I said.  Sometimes I like to put a subtle spin on things. 

For the most part, I dislike message board acronyms, shorthand and emojis.  I think they are lazy.  For example, I always say Alabama. Never the popular B word.  It’s my neuroses so you do you, Boo. 

Also be forewarned that I am neurotic about grammar and spelling.  It’s a sickness and I apologize in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

For the most part, I dislike message board acronyms, shorthand and emojis.  I think they are lazy.  For example, I always say Alabama. Never the popular B word.  It’s my neuroses so you do you, Boo. 

Also be forewarned that I am neurotic about grammar and spelling.  It’s a sickness and I apologize in advance. 

I was just fixing for you fixing for him.

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Oh yeah, in another quirk, military acronyms are fine. 

FUBAR, SNAFU, Charlie Foxtrot and other ways to describe our second half play calling. 

4 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Don’t read anything by fifty then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fishepa said:

The playing not to lose thing is what worries me. Coaches that have that mentality have a hard time moving away from it. 

Guys gotta learn to coach and play for a good Pat Dye Sixty-minutes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Oh yeah, in another quirk, military acronyms are fine. 

FUBAR, SNAFU, Charlie Foxtrot and other ways to describe our second half play calling. 

You can use GDI fairly liberally also while watching Auburn games…

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, toddc said:

Don’t read anything by fifty then.

e e cummings would be proud of fifty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

With Will Roger’s today…we lose.  Our DL was poo the whole game. Tackling was poo much of the game. 2nd Half playcalling was double poo. 

If will rogers had played, it would’ve been a drastically different game. We probably wouldn’t have gone up multiple scores in the first half like we did, and we wouldn’t have taken our foot off the gas. So arguably, the same result would’ve happened.