QB controversy

LPTiger

So Vandy started the year with Swann.   He started and played nearly every snap until he threw 3 picks in the UK game.   Seals then started 3 games but was pulled during the Ole Miss game and replaced by a 6'7" freshman who apparently runs pretty well.   The freshman was 4 for 12 thru the air with 1 pic.   Vandy had a total of 60 yards passing.     And, we thought we had issues.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

So Vandy started the year with Swann.   He started and played nearly every snap until he threw 3 picks in the UK game.   Seals then started 3 games but was pulled during the Ole Miss game and replaced by a 6'7" freshman who apparently runs pretty well.   The freshman was 4 for 12 thru the air with 1 pic.   Vandy had a total of 60 yards passing.     And, we thought we had issues.... 

We are doomed.  

Ryan Mallett 2.0 will put it all together this week in practice and the ghost of TJ Finley will haunt us for years.  

I know this is a false statement but I don’t think we have beat Vanderbilt in my lifetime.  I would wager that we have a losing record against them in that timeframe.  Someone look up our record against them since 1968. @StatTiger?

9 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We are doomed.  

Ryan Mallett 2.0 will put it all together this week in practice and the ghost of TJ Finley will haunt us for years.  

I know this is a false statement but I don’t think we have beat Vanderbilt in my lifetime.  I would wager that we have a losing record against them in that timeframe.  Someone look up our record against them since 1968. @StatTiger?

Not so, Auburn leads 14-2 since that timeframe. The overall series is tied at 21 however: https://www.winsipedia.com/auburn/vs/vanderbilt

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We are doomed.  

In your lifetime we are 14-2.   Prior to that it wasn't so good.

• Like 2

There is no way we have only lost 2 games to them in that time.  I distinctly remember a loss in the 70’s and one in 2008, which I tracked while waiting for a flight at the Baghdad airport.  Those two losses stand out more than double digit wins.  

Dammit…I have become what I despise. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

There is no way we have only lost 2 games to them in that time.  I distinctly remember a loss in the 70’s and one in 2008, which I tracked while waiting for a flight at the Baghdad airport.  Those two losses stand out more than double digit wins.  

Those are indeed the only two…and they both were followed fairly quickly by the dismissal of Auburn’s head coach at season’s end I believe: Tubberville in 2008 and Chizik in 2012. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

I broke a TV watching that 2008 Vandy loss. 

Yeah, that was a rough day

On 10/29/2023 at 9:09 PM, Dwayne Pride said:

We never lost to

Vandy in the 70’s.  

5 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I was young back then. Now I’m old.  Hug it out?

Still too young to do your own homework, apparently.  Auburn and Vandy didn’t play from 1956 to 1977.  Up to ‘55, Vandy led the the series 19-7-1. From ‘78 until now, Auburn leads 14-2.  All-time 21-21-1. 

You’re welcome.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Still too young to do your own homework, apparently.  Auburn and Vandy didn’t play from 1956 to 1977.  Up to ‘55, Vandy led the the series 19-7-1. From ‘78 until now, Auburn leads 14-2.  All-time 21-21-1. 

You’re welcome.

Thanks, brah.  Your compadres pointed as much out several days ago. Welcome to the discussion.  

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Thanks, brah.  Your compadres pointed as much out several days ago. Welcome to the discussion.  

One’s ignorance usually breeds another’s repetition. If you’re gonna spout myths, get used to it…brah.