Say it ain't so Sam!

E'Town4Bama

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah he’s been doomed for a while lol. 

Dub, I know you are a poster on Tidefans but the powers that be on that website are so left they will not let this stuff post until they just got to. The truth hurts that bad!

12 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Dub, I know you are a poster on Tidefans but the powers that be on that website are so left they will not let this stuff post until they just got to. The truth hurts that bad!

It’s not really a left v right issue, at the end of the day. 

This video is a near perfect breakdown of the SBF story. It’s long so settle in, but it’s an excellent, informative watch. 

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

It’s not really a left v right issue, at the end of the day. 

This video is a near perfect breakdown of the SBF story. It’s long so settle in, but it’s an excellent, informative watch. 

Only George Soros gave more money to democrat candidates than SBF for the 2022 elections. SBF stole a bunch of money to give to the democratic party and no doubt, those people he supported threw him under the bus. He deserves what ever he gets. He is facing up to 110 years in federal prison. Crickets on tidefans! Two posts about it over there. It didn't surprise me it was not on their political forum. Earle is an idiot..........

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Only George Soros gave more money to democrat candidates than SBF for the 2022 elections. SBF stole a bunch of money to give to the democratic party and no doubt, those people he supported threw him under the bus. He deserves what ever he gets. He is facing up to 110 years in federal prison. Crickets on tidefans! Two posts about it over there. It didn't surprise me it was not on their political forum. Earle is an idiot..........

SBF gave equal amounts to the other side of the aisle too, just in a more shadowy manner.

https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/11/29/sam-bankman-fried-political-donations-democrats-republicans-dark-money/amp/

And his goal was perfectly obvious. Regulatory capture. 

• Thanks 1

He, of course, will deny regulatory capture was his goal, but it’s patently obvious what he was angling for. 

28 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He, of course, will deny regulatory capture was his goal, but it’s patently obvious what he was angling for. 

He should have been more up front but he wasn't . His problem now! I hate people like him who steals peoples money. Maybe you love him...................

• Facepalm 1

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

He should have been more up front but he wasn't . His problem now! I hate people like him who steals peoples money. Maybe you love him...................

Oh make no mistake I despise him and his little “I’m an effective altruist herp derp” act that somehow made him a billionaire.

He’s a grifter. Full stop. He just caught on at the right time (the crypto boom, weakly regulated, hyped AF by fools that should know better, and feeding on ignorance) and did it bigger than ever before. 

• Like 1

The whole crypto thing is the worst sort of blatantly obvious Ponzi scheme that for some reason has been allowed to skate. 

I think he’s a bit of a savant. A weirdo. Smart enough to pull off a gigantic grift (helped of course by novelty and weak regulation) and dumb as a box of rocks simultaneously.

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

The whole crypto thing is the worst sort of blatantly obvious Ponzi scheme that for some reason has been allowed to skate. 

As a whole, FTX did kinda divide campaign donations up between the two corrupt parties but SBF gave most of his contributions to liberal causes. In the end, Biden will probably pardon him. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Here is a link to how the donations were broken down within FTX executives.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ftx-sam-bankman-fried-donated-millions-democrats-report-2022-11?op=1

BTW, social security seems like a big Ponzi scheme also. lol

Edited by E'Town4Bama
  • Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

As a whole, FTX did kinda divide campaign donations up between the two corrupt parties but SBF gave most of his contributions to liberal causes.

And his reasoning behind keeping the Republican donations dark makes sense. If he was publicly greasing both sides of the aisle people might think he’s some sort of con man lol. 

In the end, Biden will probably pardon him. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

SBF ****** a lot of people over and will serve time over it, and he’s so poisonous no one will be pardoning him. He committed one of the cardinal sins of white collar crime; he ****** with rich peoples’ money.

BTW, social security seems like a big Ponzi scheme also. lol

It’s superficially similar, which is why it’s often such a common comparison by people that would see it cut.

But it’s not a Ponzi scheme. Social security isn’t an “investment,” per se, and then there’s the absence of fraud. 

Edited by AUDub

I always like the way Popehat summed up the crypto market. “You’re either a con or a mark. If you aren’t sure which you are, well…”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I always like the way Popehat summed up the crypto market. “You’re either a con or a mark. If you aren’t sure which you are, well…”

I agree. I thought about getting into crypto a couple of different times but just stuck to stocks that pay dividends. BTW, when I think of crypto, I think of bigfoot. 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

100% Correct.
100% Corrupt.

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

100% Correct.
100% Corrupt.

The same guy that posted the video that I put up above also did another excellent video on the grift that is cryptocurrency. Here it is. Another long watch so settle in, but another excellent example of citizen journalism. 

2021: SBF 6th Largest Political Donor in the US, $40M.

Wow, he at least saw how much of DC was for sale.

2022: FTX & SBF and others Donate $70M Dollars, a 75% increase in one year...

The $300M amount was exactly what I figured would be squirreled away by SBF and his family. Said that 4-6 weeks ago with 0 knowledge of any of that. 

On 11/4/2023 at 8:02 PM, AUDub said:

The same guy that posted the video that I put up above also did another excellent video on the grift that is cryptocurrency. Here it is. Another long watch so settle in, but another excellent example of citizen journalism. 

New Con same as the Old Con.

The scary thing to this old man is the fervor that some in commercials, the influencers, the investment hacks, Just how enthusiastically they support something that is totally meaningless and worthless.

Now, let me oddly state this: The US Federal Govt should never get involved with this. They should never guarantee value, nor regulate transacations, etc. The variations and permutations of crypto, bitcoin, and now AI, are just too many to be regulated by a slow and unweildy fed govt machine. It is caveat emptor and nothing else. Folks, this is 21st Century Snake Oil...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

New Con same as the old con.

The scary thing to this old man is the fervor that some in commercials, the influencers, the investment hacks, Just how enthusiastically they support something that is totally meaningless and worthless.

Now, let me oddly state this: The US Federal Govt should never get involved with this. They should never guarantee value, nor regulate transacations, etc. The variations and permutationsSof crypto, bitcoin, and now AI, are just too many to be regulated by a slow and unweildy fed govt machine. It is caveat emptor and nothng else. Folks, this is 21st Century Snake Oil...

It is the government’s job to protect the consumer from predatory practices. 

Is there no effort in Washington to reform unfettered campaign contributions? Seems a good place to start for more ethical practices and government….

38 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Is there no effort in Washington to reform unfettered campaign contributions? Seems a good place to start for more ethical practices and government….

Sheldon Whitehouse keeps trying to introduce a bill that would end the dark money stuff. 

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Then lets start there. We, of course, will not. We will turn a blind eye because we (the parties)  are getting paid by someone.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:25 PM, AUDub said:

It is the government’s job to protect the consumer from predatory practices. 

The behemoth of govt regulations cannot possibly keep up with the permutations and daily changes in Bitcoin. It is by design a ponzi scheme. You cannot regulate anything that can redesign and redefine over night. What SBF did with the transfers from FTX to Alameda was classic ponzi scheme. It was hidden from so many in the company to hide the looming implosion and it basically imploded over a few short weeks. No govt regulation will stop that.

So, Next step...No Govt Guarantee of Value, like FDIC Insurance. When the Silicon Valley Bank went under, we guaranteed value we were not on the hook to cover. Why? Because those people give donations to pols. So they bought themselves insurance the rest of us cant get, ever. So, if we allow the govt to insure every dumbass investment scheme people will just invest in anything because they cant lose their money, thereby making it all the more worse. Suddenly things even more hair-brained than dogecoin will be out there being invested in. 

Bored Monkey NFTs? There is nothing dumber than that. And yet we have celecrities endording this s***. how perfect that Paris Hilton and Jimmy Fallon were at the forefront of this.