Say it ain't so Sam!

E'Town4Bama

On 4/13/2024 at 7:54 AM, DKW 86 said:

Everything I need to know about it right there. This is a crap investment. We need to get away from this now. 

The end game in all this is giving Fed Govt Backing to investment junk like BitCoin.

I took a Udemy course on blockchain technology, which is solid computer science and is applicable to much more than cryptocurrency.  It is applicable to any situation in which a distributed ledger is needed, and is safe and secure without the need of a trusted third party for verification (i.e. control).  For example, medical records.

On 4/13/2024 at 5:07 PM, DKW 86 said:

Consuela from Family Guy uses "no" as her catchphrase and has thus turned  into a meme.

Bitcoin is good, when treated with caution and following the principle of "never investing more than you can afford to lose".

No one can refute its current value.  Nor its rebound from the SBF debacle.  It is currently thriving.

From a blockchain implementation perspective, it is revolutionary.  Very cool all the way around.  Hope it survives.

Blockchain is ultimately still a solution in search of a problem. It’s novel and has promise but actually *useful* implementation hasn’t really happened yet beyond people taking advantage of the gullible with buzzwords.

As for Bitcoin, it’s gambling. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I took a Udemy course on blockchain technology, which is solid computer science and is applicable to much more than cryptocurrency.  It is applicable to any situation in which a distributed ledger is needed, and is safe and secure without the need of a trusted third party for verification (i.e. control).  For example, medical records.

And every idiotic decision I have had slog thru over the years was made by some a**hole taking a Udemy course and has at best a half-assed, deeply flawed understanding of next to nothing. In IT, saying the word Udemy out loud often makes a whole room of IT people cringe.

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Blockchain is ultimately still a solution in search of a problem. It’s novel and has promise but actually *useful* implementation hasn’t really happened yet beyond people taking advantage of the gullible with buzzwords.

As for Bitcoin, it’s gambling. 

THIS. 

9 hours ago, WillMunny said:

OMG another one of those people. 

Udemy, proudly under-educating people on so many topics for so many years. I swear, Udemy aspires to be Trump University when it grows up.