Whoever the coach is, WE GOTTA GET GOOD PLAYERS!

Auburn93

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am coming to the rationale these are just short notice band aid players and freeze is truly invested in the future..I mean this dude basically has put down this roster and stated he spent most of his time even prior to games with future recruits. It sickening and sucks, but that's my rationale.

He has ripped the roster repeatedly, which I find interesting at how many Auburn fans trash Coach Prime for doing the same thing…..

• Like 5

He had better players today and lost in the most embarrassing fashion. The coaching was just as bad as the playing. He can't lay this one off on the roster, there's no way the Aggies out-talented us. They out-wanted us and that's on the coaches and players both. When the coaches crap the bed it's up to the players to pick themselves up. Today, both coaches and players failed miserably.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He had better players today and lost in the most embarrassing fashion. The coaching was just as bad as the playing. He can't lay this one off on the roster, there's no way the Aggies out-talented us. They out-wanted us and that's on the coaches and players both. When the coaches crap the bed it's up to the players to pick themselves up. Today, both coaches and players failed miserably.

I agree, it's the coaches job to get the team ready. Freeze failed on that this week. Disagree on the roster. We count heavily on Vandy, W KY, North TX, Tulsa, Jackson St, FIU, Purdue, East Carolia transfers and a couple true freshmen. I'm not sure a WR on our roster would start for NM St. Maybe Jav. Johnson?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

His past success & our recruits we have committed. Will make a deadly combination the next two years.

I would encourage you to look at his results year by year. Concerning the recruits, how you utilize/coach the talent you have is an indication of how you will handle future talent. The constant narrative of “having better players” got Kill-ed today. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I saw a lot of players losing their individual battles out there ALL DAY. Now, you can blame coaching also, but the players got their asses whipped almost every play.

It comes down to player strength and conditioning and that is on the coaches. 

6 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

I thought about making a similar post :lol: 

If we just had NFL all-pros at every position it wouldn't matter what plays were called.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jluvah said:

I was there. We got out-coached but the players got out-played too. Saw very little effort from the players on the field. NMSU whipped their asses on the field

They sure did. Also, Coach Freeze in the postgame presser said our guys practiced great on tuesday but on wednesday and thursday he said they had no drive and seemed to just go through the motions kinda uninspired. 

• Haha 1

I've gotten the whole "Freeze is shielding himself from critique by blaming the roster" narrative beaten into me by SplitZoneDuo, basically since Hughbert started doing it this season, so I am proud that at least us on this board acknowledge that it's a clear defense mechanism. I'm not mad at Hugh for using this tactic, and I don't even disagree with the fact the roster is bad, but when you're coming in from basically game 1 repeating "HEY WE DONT HAVE THE GUYS, PLEASE WATCH EVERY GAME UNDERSTANDING WE DONT HAVE THE GUYS" - it's not the best look.

By the way, I feel like part of the draw of Freeze was his past success with doing more with less, and we've now lost basically every game we were supposed to (Arkansas nonwithstanding, but I mean they almost fired their coach midseason lol). And have not even won every game we were supposed to. The guy is going to have to be able to steal games, or even in raising the talent floor, we'll just become 2013-15 Ole Miss and peak at 2nd in the West (or whatever that equates to going forward) on our good days 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, keesler said:

The coaching in several games this season has been sketchy, players have looked unprepared way too much.  Maybe this is a side effect of having to many portal players, IDK?

Hmmm???? Maybe you have something here. We usually don’t expect first year players in our program to start or even contribute. If not the case, we need better portal players then. This loss was an effort( lack thereof) loss.

I have a feeling the locker room is about to get gutted post season.  It’ll be like cutting dead leaves off a plant

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

we'll just become 2013-15 Ole Miss and peak at 2nd in the West (or whatever that equates to going forward) on our good days 

Won't be a West pretty soon.  Doing away with divisions.  That will make it tougher. 

14 hours ago, AUGoo said:

We are overall #18 in the country in talent per StatTiger. No blaming this on talent.

…..I’d have pretty quickly traded our QB for theirs..and maybe thrown in a few players to sweeten the deal.

Dude was a gamer.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Won't be a West pretty soon.  Doing away with divisions.  That will make it tougher. 

Tougher?   Dunno. Our road has always been pretty tough with LSU, Bammer and UGA in the mix…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Just curious????do you think that Milroe and Turner needed coaching to motivate them after the south Florida game?   

Yes. In case you hadn't noticed, the offensive coaches stopped trying to put a square peg into a triangle hole and made an offensive gameplan that Milroe could better understand and optimized his strengths. You know, coaching....something we have desperately lacked this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Yes. In case you hadn't noticed, the offensive coaches stopped trying to put a square peg into a triangle hole and made an offensive gameplan that Milroe could better understand and optimized his strengths. You know, coaching....something we have desperately lacked this year.

The whole apples and oranges thing here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

By the way, I feel like part of the draw of Freeze was his past success with doing more with less,

This has been Auburn's long term reaction to Nick Saban's (and now Kirby's) recruiting success. It started with Tony Franklin, I thought it might end with Harsin, but it was apparent when Freeze was hired that it was still the mindset with the powers that be. Only when Dye was here have I seen Auburn act like they belonged among the best. I wish we could get back to that, but we're not the only program that has responded to Saban this way. 

13 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

His past success & our recruits we have committed. Will make a deadly combination the next two years.

What success?  Really?  He couldn’t beat Gus. Every season his team loses to an inferior team because he can’t get them prepared to play. By this time of the season the players aren’t buying the fake preacher routine. 

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

This has been Auburn's long term reaction to Nick Saban's (and now Kirby's) recruiting success. It started with Tony Franklin, I thought it might end with Harsin, but it was apparent when Freeze was hired that it was still the mindset with the powers that be. Only when Dye was here have I seen Auburn act like they belonged among the best. I wish we could get back to that, but we're not the only program that has responded to Saban this way. 

In fairness to Auburn, they just don’t have the resources to pump as much into it as Georgia or Alabama. UGA being merely good for as long as they were was really one of CFB’s biggest question marks. Every CFB program does have something of a ceiling in resources, and ours are probably somewhere around occasional top 5 to top 10 range.

The pitch with Freeze is that he could get you there more consistently, and make up the difference with his coaching acumen. Which you should be able to do somewhat often with that level of talent.  

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I have a feeling the locker room is about to get gutted post season.  It’ll be like cutting dead leaves off a plant

Can’t wait. I know wanting to see a bunch of true frosh and sophomores on the field sounds weird but I can’t wait to see it next year. 

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The pitch with Freeze is that he could get you there more consistently, and make up the difference with his coaching acumen. Which you should be able to do somewhat often with that level of talent.  

We will see. We've always trailed recruiting with UGA and bama, but only since Saban and Smart have we fallen this far. That has as much to do with their ability to build a fundamentally strong program top to bottom as it does pure talent alone. We have a weak SEC roster, but we aren't a talentless team. We should handle even a strong smaller conference program like NMSU without issue or even a bottom dwelling P5 like Cal. That we didn't makes me worry that, much as with Malzahn, we've got a guy with a scheme. When the script works, it really works. When it doesn't, even the weakest dates on your schedule are worth worrying about. That lack of consistency with Gus eventually killed us in recruiting and made Auburn football progressively unpleasant to watch. I want us to be able to line up with better guys and tackle a little scrambling QB and blow their linemen off the ball. Even with what we have, we should be able to do that. That's fundamentals and we lack them. You can have great talent and still lack them, as we often saw with Gus. I don't want another Gus. One was more than enough. 

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Just curious????do you think that Milroe and Turner needed coaching to motivate them after the south Florida game?   
people want to blame the coaches for lack of motivation.   You need alpha dogs on your team to do that.   I thought Asante was that on defense but I didn’t see any player getting after anyone today.   There isn’t anyone on offense that has that mentality.   No one.  

Milroe didn’t even play in the USF. The coaching staff also sat down with him to see what he was comfortable with running after it was clear he was the better player. Lastly u constantly hear Saban talk about rat poison and constantly talking up each opponent Everyone is constantly held accountable 

18 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

In college ball it's equal Jimmies/Joes versus Coaching. Until I can see otherwise we need a major upgrade in the Jimmies and Joes. What I currently see is mostly undersized linemen and lack of overall speed (big need here) in our current roster.

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Milroe didn’t even play in the USF. The coaching staff also sat down with him to see what he was comfortable with running after it was clear he was the better player. Lastly u constantly hear Saban talk about rat poison and constantly talking up each opponent Everyone is constantly held accountable 

Not sure what you are trying to say that I didn’t say.   The one guy posted that coaches and outsiders don’t say teams like Bama and UGA don’t have trap games.   You followed up precisely with what I said about “rat poison “.   Players are human! Of course guys are going to think they are playing inferior talent when they play someone like a “NMSU”.   
And every OC and QB coach sits down with their QB and sees what plays they like and what best fits them.   They watch them everyday at practice.   They see what is best and what’s not the best.   

You need vocal team leaders that will refuse to let what happen yesterday, happen.   Preferably, you would like that to be the QB and best defensive player.   Auburn doesn’t have that.   Even though he was voted captain, Thorne doesn’t appear ( from watching on television) as a very vocal type of leader.   

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Can’t wait. I know wanting to see a bunch of true frosh and sophomores on the field sounds weird but I can’t wait to see it next year. 

Some of these guys pitching fits need to be replaced with guys who want and are good enough to be here.  Obviously a leadership issue on a lot of levels to come out and play like that.

• Like 1