Bama Postgame

bishoptf

3 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Is this the most disappointing Iron Bowl we have ever lost? I have to say yes because of the way we lost. Such a fluke play and such a bone-headed coaching decision cost us a game we had in our hands.

Pretty much, yep.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

"It's how we lost..." Let's be real, we say that after EVERY loss.

True, but I meant giving up a TD pass in a fourth and 31 situation. Such a fluke play and such a poor coaching decision to give the QB all day to find a receiver.

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I don’t retrospectively assess a game. This game was a total choke job by two players; we all know who they are. It happens, but losing like this has nothing to do with spreads or what the pre-game expectations are. It’s just another embarrassing breakdown of basic football responsibilities and it’s what keeps Auburn as the epitome of embarrassment.

Id bet that ESPN win probability graph was damn near 100% on that play, but guess what?

I don’t really know why I’m so pissed, because I’m conditioned for this kind of BS just due to being for Auburn.

Here you go. 

IMG_1526.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Is this the most disappointing Iron Bowl we have ever lost? I have to say yes because of the way we lost. Such a fluke play and such a bone-headed coaching decision cost us a game we had in our hands.

No but it’s tied with the 4 overtime loss. All we had to do was stay inbounds. Same as here stop blitzing the Qb and he picks us apart 

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

Cause Auburn is special? Cursed? 

That tends to happen when you're in a state of rebuilding. How are we supposed to rebuild if we're screaming for the coach to be fired in his first year every time the first year is inevitably rough?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theweegler said:

I can’t root for this team anymore as long as the coaches that made those decisions and the coaches that hired them are at Auburn. That’s the absolute stupidest play call on 4th and long I’ve ever seen in my 45 years of being a football fan. 

Come on... 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

LSU beat our star CB Jerraud Powers beat us to end a game in like 2007 or something. 

Seen UGA do the same to us in 2002 (or 01).

This one actually hurts more even though stakes were essentially nothing. Something about giving up a 4th and goal from the THIRTY-ONE

It was 2002. I was there. Long ride home. I mean, no excuse for that kind of loss. 

And I agree. In the grand scheme, this game doesn't mean too much. But it still sucks. I just hope it doesn't hurt recruiting. Maybe in some way, it'll help with the players that were getting invested in this game. Maybe they'll want to get in here and turn it around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

We lost to a QB who waits till he has passed the line of scrimmage by 15 yards before he throws it. But to answer the question as Auburn fans we should have fully expected exactly what happened. We get an A+ for creativity. We creatively always find a way to sheet the bed and lose.

22 minutes ago, PDub said:

The most Auburn way to lose. 
I’ll admit when we kicked a fg to go up 24-20, I just knew we were gonna lose 27-24. I just didn’t know how 

I said the exact same thing.

I didn’t figure we’d win. The talent gap is too wide. I’d rather lose by 21 than THAT way. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, shabby said:

Tell me you didnt know the outcome of 4th and 31 when we rushed two. Sorry but that alone shows Roberts has no business coaching this team

You do understand that a ball thrown 31 yards is in the air long enough, against a prevent D, where all TF you have to do is hang with your receiver and know where TFING  all is, right. You for DAMN sure don’t get caught with your back to the LOS. 

Did you play football at any level?

Can we assign an angry mother to shadow Freeze full-time for the next year. You know, the one who always looks angry, chain smokes, and whenever the coach says anything, she slaps him on the head and says, "Shut up you idiot!"

• Like 1

Just now, AUwent said:

That tends to happen when you're in a state of rebuilding. How are we supposed to rebuild if we're screaming for the coach to be fired in his first year every time the first year is inevitably rough?

How long are we going to be “ in a state of rebuilding”? 

We had the players to win this game. Bad plays AND bad coaching late kept that from happening. These coaches don’t deserve a pass.

Just now, aucom96 said:

We had the players to win this game. Bad plays AND bad coaching late kept that from happening. These coaches don’t deserve a pass.

No, we made enough plays to win this game, but the players..we ain’t got.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I don’t retrospectively assess a game. This game was a total choke job by two players; we all know who they are. It happens, but losing like this has nothing to do with spreads or what the pre-game expectations are. It’s just another embarrassing breakdown of basic football responsibilities and it’s what keeps Auburn as the epitome of embarrassment.

Id bet that ESPN win probability graph was damn near 100% on that play, but guess what?

I don’t really know why I’m so pissed, because I’m conditioned for this kind of BS just due to being for Auburn.

It’s the difference of 6-6 and 7-5 honestly it impacted our trajectory in a lot of positive ways. Recruits had to be impressed.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

We knew that this year we were going to be in a state of rebuilding. We'd be in a state of rebuilding even if we hired Deion, Peace be Upon Him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You do understand that a ball thrown 31 yards is in the air long enough, against a prevent D, where all TF you have to do is hang with your receiver and know where TFING  all is, right. You for DAMN sure don’t get caught with your back to the LOS. 

No one hangs with a receiver for 39 seconds. Serioudly your defense is laughable. 

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

Here's where AU football fans are, and why the negative vibe at the folks saying things like "write off year" and "just be patient". I cannot possibly lower my expectations. I've had them set on "just show up and don't default for 60 minutes" for about 4 years. And, we are finding ways to implode in even more creative ways.

Exactly. You expressed it so well. I get a glimmer of hope and think ok, THIS is where we begin to turn things around and every single time we end up right back here in a more and more spectacular way. Creative, indeed. We sure excel at that aspect!!

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Coach Saban said they practice that play as a db that a long azz time to chase around a wr. He should have rushed Milroe. Even with a three man rush Auburn wasn’t getting there. There is too much that’s geared for the offense to give a QB that long to throw. So if three didn’t do it let’s  give him even more time with two

Edited by e808

Just now, Tigger1985 said:

Well it’s over on to hopefully a win in recruiting as no one has a better atmosphere than us. Maybe we’ll get some recruits that can get open and a better line on both sides.

I wonder how recruits are feeling about it.

Do they get emotionally invested in pulling for Auburn during the game? Does the loss help to solidify their disdain for bama and wanting to come in and turn it around? Or do they look at some of the questionable decisions and get turned off by it?