Bama Postgame

bishoptf

If we had played regular defense we probably win that game. If the Special Teams coach puts anyone but Moore back, we probably win that game. Those two need to be reevaluated. They make bad choices in critical situations. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Had a bunch of transfers from non-power 5 schools in a position to beat a borderline playoff team.

That’s one way to look at it. You’re right. But it’s little consolation losing the way we did.

Who tf loses a game on 4th and 31? AUBURN..THATS WHO!😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Auburn needs to finish 10-12 this season in crootin.  Even if we finish 12th, that will still only be about 7th in SEC. The 2025 class needs to be top 5 if we ever want to compete consistently at the top of the league.  And top 5 might not be good enough (Bama/UGA finish 1 and 2 every season). 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

We can agree to disagree . That works if the players are bunched up like most hell mary plays. They were spread out and this ended up being a one on one.  How many games have we seen when u give the qb to much time the end up finding a receiver. Like they say the prevent will prevent u from winning 

Do you have any idea what the odds were that Alabama scores on that play?  

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Hugh Freeze didn't drop the damn ball and didn't let a receiver catch a ball that was in the air for FOREVER.................

We have paid tens upon tens upon tens of millions to be in no better position than we were in 2019.  Period.  I do believe that Hugh will get us back to winning, but how long that will take is anybody's guess.

I do too.  But tonight, after that debacle, he deserves to face an angry mob wanting answers.  He was so close to beating both UGA and UA.  He had both games in the bag, and pissed them away.  He deserves all the heat he's getting tonight.

Next year we'll reset and move on.  But tonight, this mob is hungry for answers and venting.  And we'll vent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

A field goal on the drive that was going into the 4th quarter and Thorne and company had all the momentum. Then Robbie in 1st and 10 from the Turd’s 23 goes for -7 yards. Result of the drive was a field goal from the 4yards line. The 4! A touchdown on that drive probably wins the game. 🤷‍♂️

Yes but they got a first down after those plays . It was the play calling that resulted in the 3 . Instead of playing smash mouth Auburn decided to throw. Also it didn’t help to go with a hurt Hunter instead of Alston . It was clear he didn’t have the burst. Yes Robby shouldn’t have been in but had nothing to do with the outcome 

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

I do too.  But tonight, after that debacle, he deserves to face an angry mob wanting answers.  He was so close to beating both UGA and UA.  He had both games in the bag, and pissed them away.  He deserves all the heat he's getting tonight.

Next year we'll reset and move on.  But tonight, this mob is hungry for answers and venting.  And we'll vent.

100%. So many problems this year have landed squarely at the coaches’ feet. They should answer for them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah how many times have we heard that pile of crap....seems like forever.

Edited by bishoptf

I’d like to get a straight answer on why Koy Moore was fielding a crucial punt. Then it’s first and goal from the six and we stand tall!  Letting them convert on fourth and 31 is so ridiculously unacceptable.  The same team that got their asses handed to them for 60 straight minutes last Saturday at home to New Mexico State, had Alabama right where they wanted them. What a great game until the end.  I am sick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I watch a lot of football and see it happen a good amount. It’s not like he was throwing from the 50. Regardless when u speed Milroe up he makes bad decisions. It was happening all game. When u give him time bad things happens for Auburn simple as that 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

They didn’t factor in the “Auburn” factor into the equation. Had that been in the equation, Bama would have been at 100% chance to win and it would have never changed at any point during the game. But hey we did win (be it a moral victory), we kept it close!! “There’s always next year.”

8 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yep. And no one needs to cover the receiver for 39 seconds. What play lasts that long?

Apparently that one

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah how many times have we heard that pile of crap....seems like forever.

We got no choice but to quit or move on.  But tonight, I want to see the coaches tarred and feathered.

If nothing else, it would make me feel better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

100% after the call from Bham lol.

Milroe wasn't gonna run it in from the 31, so there was no reason not to pressure him.  Just a dumb defensive play call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I watch a lot of football and see it happen a good amount. It’s not like he was throwing from the 50. Regardless when u speed Milroe up he makes bad decisions. It was happening all game. When u give him time bad things happens for Auburn simple as that 

I watch jets fly over my house, but I ain’t no pilot…jes sayin’

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Apparently that one

And that’s my point. That’s crazy to expect a secondary person to cover for that amount of time. I have played db and that’s crazy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I can't tell you how many coaches you guys would've called to be fired in their first year. No I'm not just talking about Saban.

Maybe, but you can also stop pretending Freeze is anywhere near that level. (Saban) He’d better recruit at the top of the SEC, because U have yet to watch a game where I’ve felt this guy was in control.

More heartbroken than angry.  We had no business even being in position to win that game.  I don't think a single player on our team would start for them.  If there's one or two that's the max.  We outplayed them most of the way.  Critical mistakes at critical moments though.  Just rips your guts out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1