The Bammers are Complaining

ScotsAU

They are insufferable. The missed face mask, the missed targeting and late hit out of bounds on Thorne, the giving bama the first down when he was clearly short of the first down(even after the review) and the list goes on and on. The calls missed by the refs on Auburn clearly affected the outcome of the game. Just like the missed holding in the endzone two years ago. When you play bama you always play the refs too! As Coach Dye said when you need two yards against bama you better get three. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dshep4au said:

They are insufferable. The missed face mask, the missed targeting and late hit out of bounds on Thorne, the giving bama the first down when he was clearly short of the first down(even after the review) and the list goes on and on. The calls missed by the refs on Auburn clearly affected the outcome of the game. Just like the missed holding in the endzone two years ago. When you play bama you always play the refs too! As Coach Dye said when you need two yards against bama you better get three. 

A lot of missed calls on both sides but college football officiating has been horrible over the last several years...........................

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, woodford said:

They’re going to do a lot more complaining next Saturday evening

Smart is 1-4 against Saban.   I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!

Yes, bad officiating..  Like the push off their receiver did on that last touchdown! Not only pushed off, but held him at arms length till the ball got there. They even grinned and mentioned it wryly on SEC Final..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

84 for AU knocked the crap out of the punter and then laid on him. It was well after he kicked the ball. He was kinda jogging down the field when it happened 

Key phrase.

Punter needs more situational awareness - if its a live play and he's on the field, he should know he's subject to being blocked.  Violently, even - as long as its clean.   QBs used to not infrequently get laid out like this after an interception, because they had instantly turned from an offensive player into a potential tackler.   The "dont touch the QB" rules changes have, of course, put an end to that.   Hasn't happened to punters yet ;)

Officiating is bad more often than good, overall. Some things stand out worse than others. 

2 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Didn't 84 for your team get hurt on the last KO return? What happened to him? I was at a bar watching the game and couldn't figure it out. I remember seeing that a trainer was looking at his arm.

Haven't heard.

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

There was another roughing the kicker but no call. When I saw it I was worried but it looked weird like our guy was blocked into the punter or knocked their guy into the punter or something like that. There was no replay on it and you could just see it in the corner of the screen for a split second. Could be the one they are complaining about.

I think the punter ran outside the tackle box. No roughing outside the box. 

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

There was another roughing the kicker but no call. When I saw it I was worried but it looked weird like our guy was blocked into the punter or knocked their guy into the punter or something like that. There was no replay on it and you could just see it in the corner of the screen for a split second. Could be the one they are complaining about.

Yeah. I actually asked one of them if that was the play, then found it in my recording. That wasn’t it. But it also wasn’t roughing. A Bama player fell into him. 

IMG_4550.jpeg

MRD was doing exactly what you're taught to do. Knocked 'em down and lay on them so they can't get up.  

It's about dang time we have some players that will aggressively attack a block 

• Like 3