The Bammers are Complaining

ScotsAU

Even though they won, they’re still insisting that the refs were against them. (Obviously BS given at a minimum the missed face mask.)  But they are in particular claiming a missed roughing the kicker call. Does anyone know what they are talking about? I went back through the game, and the only thing I found was a situation where their player knocked over their own punter.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s not a good look for us but I saw a cheap shot from them too. 

Not to mention on the 3rd down play in the end zone should have been holding on turds db & we had to kick the field goal.   Was sitting there thinking holding as usual he grabbed the back of the jersey and used it to leverage himself to knock away pass

22 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ah okay. Dumb though. That’s not roughing the kicker. Could’ve called a late hit after the play. But that’s not roughing.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That was happening during the play wasn't it? Our guy was blocking, no? 

After seeing the video, I think the complaint was that he hit him on the ground after the play was over. It was a no factor though. It’s after the play, so it would have just pushed our offense back 15 yards. We didn’t score on that drive. So all it potentially did was move our punt a few yards closer. Seems like the Bama fans just don’t understand the difference between roughing the kicker and a late hit against a player that happens to be a kicker. Potentially a penalty? Sure. But it isn’t like they would’ve gotten the ball back with a first down. If there was a penalty, it wa after the play. 

Edited by ScotsAU

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

After seeing the video, I think the complaint was that he hit him on the ground after the play was over. It was a no factor though. It’s after the play, so it would have just pushed our offense back 15 yards. We didn’t score on that drive. So all it potentially did was move our punt a few yards closer. Seems like the Bama fans just don’t understand the difference between roughing the kicker and a late hit against a player that happens to be a kicker. Potentially a penalty? Sure. But it isn’t like they would’ve gotten the ball back with a first down. If there was a penalty, it wa after the play. 

First contact was a legal block during the return, and it happened to knock the player to the ground (probably because he wasn’t paying attention & relaxed thinking the play was over.).  Next contact was just laying on top preventing the punter from getting up & being part of the rest of the play.  I see that a lot from OL laying on top of DL after they’re on the ground.  Nothing illegal as far as I can tell, just a costly lesson being learned — you play to the end of the whistle.  

• Thanks 1

Before this game, the Bammers were all saying that we wouldn't even get 10 points on their defense because we only got 10 against NMSU last week. Most of them I heard or talked to was saying they would win 45-7 or thereabouts.

Now all I've read from them is they're much happier to beat us this way rather than a blowout because it hurts us more. Many are saying it could've been a blowout but Milroe and a few more were taking it easy so they wouldnt get hurt and miss the Georgia game next week.

And lastly, this one I've heard for years and years, that they get every teams best shot every week because they're every other teams Super Bowl and they only care about Auburn 1 week a year but Auburn's entire world revolves around the Iron Bowl. They say that nobody at Auburn cares about winning titles and beating alot of teams, we only focus on Alabama 365 days a year and that's why we usually make it a close game. 

Bammers are all in my family and have always been all around me since birth. They truly believe the crap they spew. The idiots even think that the SEC wanted them to lose and for us to win. How the crap does that make sense? How is an Auburn win over Bama good for the conference that's trying to get Bama and UGA into the playoffs? Freaking inbreds I swear!!!! Now I've done gotten pissed off again thinking about them. 😂

I HATE losing to them!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Even though they won, they’re still insisting that the refs were against them. (Obviously BS given at a minimum the missed face mask.)  But they are in particular claiming a missed roughing the kicker call. Does anyone know what they are talking about? I went back through the game, and the only thing I found was a situation where their player knocked over their own punter.

84 for AU knocked the crap out of the punter and then laid on him. It was well after he kicked the ball. He was kinda jogging down the field when it happened 

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Before this game, the Bammers were all saying that we wouldn't even get 10 points on their defense because we only got 10 against NMSU last week. Most of them I heard or talked to was saying they would win 45-7 or thereabouts.

Now all I've read from them is they're much happier to beat us this way rather than a blowout because it hurts us more. Many are saying it could've been a blowout but Milroe and a few more were taking it easy so they wouldnt get hurt and miss the Georgia game next week.

And lastly, this one I've heard for years and years, that they get every teams best shot every week because they're every other teams Super Bowl and they only care about Auburn 1 week a year but Auburn's entire world revolves around the Iron Bowl. They say that nobody at Auburn cares about winning titles and beating alot of teams, we only focus on Alabama 365 days a year and that's why we usually make it a close game. 

Bammers are all in my family and have always been all around me since birth. They truly believe the crap they spew. The idiots even think that the SEC wanted them to lose and for us to win. How the crap does that make sense? How is an Auburn win over Bama good for the conference that's trying to get Bama and UGA into the playoffs? Freaking inbreds I swear!!!! Now I've done gotten pissed off again thinking about them. 😂

They everywhere up here in NW Bama. Went to the barber shop last week and u should've heard them. They will beat GA, would beat TX if they played them now. Plus a bunch of other crap I couldn't understand cause of their lack of teeth.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

That’s not a good look for us but I saw a cheap shot from them too. 

After the punt was off the kicker was a potential tackler.

• Like 1

Didn’t he make a football move running towards the returner?  If so, the punter is fair game to block. 

1 minute ago, naildawg said:

After the punt was off the kicker was a potential tackler.

Jumping on top of him afterward. 

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I became an AU fan with no obvious dog in the fight precisely because the huge majority of Tide Nation are double digit I.Q., , cousin kissing, dentally and mentally challenged morons of the first order. Nobody with an iota of self respect wants to be part of that hapless, dysfunctional inbred family. 

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Ah okay. Dumb though. That’s not roughing the kicker. Could’ve called a late hit after the play. But that’s not roughing.

After he got the punt off, he's just another player on the field.  Yeah, stupid of us, but give me about 84 more badasses like him.

There was another roughing the kicker but no call. When I saw it I was worried but it looked weird like our guy was blocked into the punter or knocked their guy into the punter or something like that. There was no replay on it and you could just see it in the corner of the screen for a split second. Could be the one they are complaining about.

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

As much as I hate losing to them and hearing their nonsense, this is what a lot of posters sound like on this forum.   Except it’s about the AU coaches or administrators.    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

There was another roughing the kicker but no call. When I saw it I was worried but it looked weird like our guy was blocked into the punter or knocked their guy into the punter or something like that. There was no replay on it and you could just see it in the corner of the screen for a split second. Could be the one they are complaining about.

I believe this play is probably the more likely. I missed it, but my husband said, '*$@#+ guys, you just ran into their kicker' but the game proceeded with no issue. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

15 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

They are correct. It was not during the kick and it was indeed unnecessary roughness.

When I first saw it I thought it might be a penalty play, but after I thought about it I realized the kicker was a potential tackler if a return was on.

Remember on the "Kick Six" return, the Alabama holder, Cody Mandel, had the last best chance to tackle Chris Davis and how many times have

you seen a kicker make a saving tackle?

6 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

After he got the punt off, he's just another player on the field.  Yeah, stupid of us, but give me about 84 more badasses like him.

Didn't 84 for your team get hurt on the last KO return? What happened to him? I was at a bar watching the game and couldn't figure it out. I remember seeing that a trainer was looking at his arm.