Getting Tickets at the Game

BustemBigBlue

I usually get my tickets in advance so Im kinda new to the ticket scalper scene at Auburn. Are there certain areas that are good for finding reasonably priced tickets? Areas to avoid? I'll be needing a pair of tickets together. Also, if anyone going to the AUnation tailgate party has any extras, please keep me in mind. Thanks.

if u know any students, there are student tickets available for $50 each. We just got an email in our auburn email about it

177291[/snapback]

The University is selling individual student tickets for games?.....How?

They aren't student tickets...but they are selling regular tickets students can buy for family members, etc.

They didn't completely sell out the upper-deck...so students can buy up to 4 at 50 dollars a peice and give them to family members.

I'm sure they are the worst seats in the house, but hey...they are seats!!

One possibility is that Tech returned a certain amount of their allottment...not sure where these tickets came from though.

Before the game scalpers are scattered everywhere. I've had some success with scalpers near Checkers (reasonable prices) an hour or 2 before the game. There will be plenty of em right around the stadium before and during the game. 5-10 minutes after kickoff will render the cheapest prices. If you get your tickets early always keep an eye out for better seats; many will trade with an extra $5-$10.

The closer to the stadium the cheeper the tickets. I have had the best luck close to kick-off, but not too close, about an hour away. And try to find someone who is dressed to go to the game because they are trying to get rid of extras. Thoses not dressed in auburn colors are scalpers. Also avoid people with "need tickets" signs. And a late game on ESPN there will be a ton of tickets, and the gas problem will keep some of people away, mainly those without tickets so it should be a buyers market.

a bit off topic, but how many people do you think (from the mobile area i'm guessing) won't be able to make it to AU for the game. how many empty seats? i know my family is without power down there and gas is nearly impossible to find. will that increase the number of tickets to be scalped or limit them? just a random thought.

i'm coming down from knoxville, hoping to be able to make it with enough gas. i don't really know what to believe since i'm way up here. i'm going to play it by ear and do my best to be there sat. nite.

Last year when Hurricane Floyd came through, there was a worry about people showing up to the game. The stadium was full! I think some people might not be able to show up, but a large majority will be there.

Archived