2024 Early National Signing Day

Zeek

Looks like we're going to have an outstanding class come Signing Day and Beyond. What is everybody's thoughts about how we finish ranking wise at this point. Top five top 10 just outside of top 10 class?

It seems like somewhere between 5-10 is likely with the momentum we seem to have and that’s just the public momentum. If there is also positive movement behind the scenes which wouldn’t surprise me, we could really end up with one of our best need meeting classes ever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Looks like we're going to have an outstanding class come Signing Day and Beyond. What is everybody's thoughts about how we finish ranking wise at this point. Top five top 10 just outside of top 10 class?

Read somewhere if we signed what we had and added Coen Echols and Amaris Williams we would end up around 5 (dependent upon other teams gains/losses as well). 

Sounds like those two are looking pretty realistic and maybe a surprise or two (or three!) more from Santa Hugh.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Read somewhere if we signed what we had and added Coen Echols and Amaris Williams we would end up around 5 (dependent upon other teams gains/losses as well). 

Sounds like those two are looking pretty realistic and maybe a surprise or two (or three!) more from Santa Hugh.  

Locked on AU (Charlie5 to be exact) said he thinks we keep our current commits and add Echols and Amaris Williams. He said with those and then flip McCray, he see's a definite top 5. Flip McCray and KJ Bolden he thinks it could be #1. He keeps saying we will definitely be top 10 but he thinks around 4th or 5th.

I would be ecstatic for that in Freeze's first full class.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Locked on AU (Charlie5 to be exact) said he thinks we keep our current commits and add Echols and Amaris Williams. He said with those and then flip McCray, he see's a definite top 5. Flip McCray and KJ Bolden he thinks it could be #1. He keeps saying we will definitely be top 10 but he thinks around 4th or 5th.

Methinks Charlie5 is quite the optimist. Hope he's correct.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Looks like Perry is going to come down to the wire. Flipmas giveth and taketh?

@AUwent he’s not coming down to the wire. He’s committed and signing with Auburn next Wednesday. Some of our fans are too easy to troll even from our own commits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shabby said:

@shabby as high as third. No worse than 10th.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I would say getting those two would put us in the top eight. We could end up in the top five with just those two but other teams would have to lose some commits or some of their commits dropping rankings because fifth through eighth is pretty tight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

There is almost no scenario that gets us to number one right now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I understand. Just passing along what Charlie5 told Zac Blackerby on Locked on Auburn. 

I do think we flip Amaris Williams. Over on a Gators board they feel he is 100% flipping to us. Napier still hasn't hired a D-Line coach and some Gator fans said lately when Williams does an interview, he never mentions Florida. Mainly just mentions us. They said he is the most uncommitted commit they've ever seen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I understand. Just passing along what Charlie5 told Zac Blackerby on Locked on Auburn. 

I do think we flip Amaris Williams. Over on a Gators board they feel he is 100% flipping to us. Napier still hasn't hired a D-Line coach and some Gator fans said lately when Williams does an interview, he never mentions Florida. Mainly just mentions us. They said he is the most uncommitted commit they've ever seen.

Yeah. I wasn’t criticizing you. Just basically saying I did the math and even if we landed one of our targets, we still likely wouldn’t end up first. Not on the composite or On3 consensus anyway. Which are the only two rankings I use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. I wasn’t criticizing you. Just basically saying I did the math and even if we landed one of our targets, we still likely wouldn’t end up first. Not on the composite or On3 consensus anyway. Which are the only two rankings I use.

No problem. I knew what you meant.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes, but top 5 could be on the horizon. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I’ve always had the feeling that Freeze and Co knew they probably couldn’t make up enough ground to snag #1 in ‘24 but that it was theirs for the ‘25 class. I think they’ve been laying the groundwork for that ‘25 class ever since they arrived in 2022.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would take that. U stack top 5 classes for a couple yrs and u cooking with peanut oil

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3