2024 Early National Signing Day

Zeek

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

When was the last time we were in it this late for major recruits?

This is what makes recruiting fun and addictive 

Yep

i haven’t spent this much time on the recruiting boards in years.  I had found my haven in the bball and baseball boards.  But this is fun watching the program change in front of our eyes.  
If we flip some of these guys from our rivals even the better.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Butthead said:

The above on LJ is just weird. Doesn’t look like something a recruit would normally post. Are recruits getting a fee for posting these things?  

@Butthead Supposedly Florida had all their commits send tweets out like that no matter how solid they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

When was the last time we were in it this late for major recruits?

This is what makes recruiting fun and addictive 

Bird, you left at the occasional heartbreak that comes with it.

1 hour ago, PikesEagle said:

Bird, you left at the occasional heartbreak that comes with it.

No, he didn’t. It spawned a new thread that would’ve derailed this thread quite a bit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Whole thing is a mess

Yep. Way too much of a balancing act. 

In my uninformed opinion it seems like not allowing portal transfers to sign until after the ENSD passes would be beneficial for everyone and clean it up a bit. 
For instance close portal entry on the 19th , ENSD on the 20th , transfers can begin to sign on the 22nd. Or something like that. 

• Like 1

It's also crazy that guys like Malik Murphy of Texas have to choose between entering the portal and being able to transfer for the January semester and playing in the college football playoff.  I don't see how to fix it, but it is insane right now for players and coaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's also crazy that guys like Malik Murphy of Texas have to choose between entering the portal and being able to transfer for the January semester and playing in the college football playoff.  I don't see how to fix it, but it is insane right now for players and coaches.

That’s his choice though. He could transfer after the Spring. It’s better to be there for the Spring semester but still that’s his/their choice. 

2 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Yep. Way too much of a balancing act. 

In my uninformed opinion it seems like not allowing portal transfers to sign until after the ENSD passes would be beneficial for everyone and clean it up a bit. 
For instance close portal entry on the 19th , ENSD on the 20th , transfers can begin to sign on the 22nd. Or something like that. 

@aujohnson actually, it would be better to eliminate ESD altogether and go back to the February signing period andkeep this part for the transfer portal as we have it.

Also, since transfers don’t sign national letters of intent what they sign is not binding. The only thing that binds transfers is enrolling and starting classes at the current or new school.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@aujohnson actually, it would be better to eliminate ESD altogether and go back to the February signing period andkeep this part for the transfer portal as we have it.

Also, since transfers don’t sign national letters of intent what they sign is not binding. The only thing that binds transfers is enrolling and starting classes at the current or new school.

I believe they should make signing day a “no later than” date in early December. If a HS school kid wants to sign in October or November, why not let them?  

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe they should make signing day a “no later than” date in early December. If a HS school kid wants to sign in October or November, why not let them?  

That would be jusy as hectic for Coaches as it is now in December. Trying to finish a recruiting class plus be focused on meaningful regular season games...No thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That would be jusy as hectic for Coaches as it is now in December. Trying to finish a recruiting class plus be focused on meaningful regular season games...No thanks!

I’m not sure it would be any more hectic than having to constantly worry about keeping 20-25 guys committed. But that’s just my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not sure it would be any more hectic than having to constantly worry about keeping 20-25 guys committed. But that’s just my opinion. 

January & early Feb with no games & no open portal window is a much less hectic time.

• Like 2

If I were a coach I would like to complete ENSD and then have the portal so I could fill holes without scaring the high school guys. I know it is a 6 of 1 half a dozen of other situation but that’s how I think I’d want it to work. 

Edited by ellitor
Made font orange so dark theme users could read the post.

Is there anyone else that we need to keep an eye on other than the following?

KJ Bolden

LJ McCray

Amaris Williams

Ryan Williams

Coen Echols

Favour Edwin

Are we completely out of the picture for the following? 

Zaquan Patterson

Amir Jackson

Kylen Fox

Kevin Riley

JacQwan McRoy

Bradley Shaw

Sterling Dixon… etc.

Any chance we add back a decommit if we don’t land some of the other guys?

Jalewis Solomon

Phat Burnette

Jayden Lewis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on pins and needles waiting for Wednesday signing day. First I want to see letters from all the players that are committed. If we do that at a minimum we should ne around number ten which a year ago I would have been very happy with that. The problem is with all the potential flips and the talk of all the possible players we might add. I will be disappointed if we don't get at least one of them and would be estatic if we could land 3 or more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Is there anyone else that we need to keep an eye on other than the following?

KJ Bolden

LJ McCray

Amaris Williams

Ryan Williams

Coen Echols

Favour Edwin

I don't believe so 

• Thanks 1