Gay plagiarized her 1997 Thesis, with citations...

DKW 86

Let me state FIRST that I dont even care for the replies. I looked at it this morning and spent quite a bit of time on it really, and it seems she is easily guilty of plagiarism and Harvard faculty do not care. They have seen dozens of literally copy/paste citations, some from even their work and still defend her. They have chosen to stay with her no matter what. So if you think there is any real argument that she did not do this, keep it to yourselves. In citation after citation after citation after citation after citation, she is OBVIOUSLY doing copy/paste writing. She even took almost a whole bibliography section from King, her thesis advisor, the guy who is defending her today. OBVIOUSLY. WTF?

Now I know some of you narrative monkeys here will defend her no matter what even though the alumni have already cut her donations to Harvard by almost $1BN. She will get most of that back immediately from Muslim Nations wanting to drive their narrative and driving that devastatingly horrible testimony before Congress where harassing Jews "DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT."  And no, this does not "DEPEND ON THE CONTEXT." These same Muslim Nations that are buying up Formula 1, The World Cup, etc, etc, etc. They are doing this so that the West will accommodate them later when they want to go back to Misogyny and set women back into their place, beating them, and taking their rights away from them. They want to turn parts of the West into Sharia Law Strongholds. They have been buying academics in the West for decades and let's be extremely clear, when it comes to their truth, academics in the US "FOLLOW THE $$$!"

image.png

Edited by DKW 86

Harvard has to make excuses for Gay, if they didn’t they would have to admit DEI is a complete failure.  No matter who you are, you must do the work to get ahead, she cheated and it shows.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1

IMO, this whole "controversy" is way overblown. I understand why these university presidents gave such equivocating answers.

Up until now, they were being attacked for assaulting or preventing free speech, especially concerning white nationalists/supremacists.  They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

And, like it or not, speech is speech.

And the sort of ad hominem attack represented by the OP smacks of "another agenda".

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 11:42 AM, homersapien said:

IMO, this whole "controversy" is way overblown. I understand why these university presidents gave such equivocating answers.

Up until now, they were being attacked for assaulting or preventing free speech, especially concerning white nationalists/supremacists.  They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

And the sort of adhiminem attack represented by the OP smacks of "another agenda".

And the narrative monkey himself speaks.  

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And the narrative monkey himself speaks.  

And the poo-flinger resorts to his trusted M.O. when presented with a thoughtful counterpoint - ad hominem attack. :-\

(Ironically - you are the one jumping on the "narrative" bandwagon.)

And I thought you said you were leaving. What's taking so long?

Edited by homersapien

For the record: Harvard now sites 40+ instances of "DUPLICATIVE WRITING WITHOUT ADEQUATE CITATION" in Gay's already exceedingly thin academic work. 

Lawyers for Harvard are already bracing for the innumerable lawsuits from past students punished for plagiarism.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...

1) Joe Biden has admitted to being found to have committed plagiarism during his UNDER GRAD and JD years, as well as with Neil Kinnock's speech. 

Seems this is a pattern with the self-proclaimed elites in the US.

2) trump is too stupid and lazy to commit plagiarism. He just pays people to do his work for him.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/us/biden-admits-plagiarism-in-school-but-says-it-was-not-malevolent.html

Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'By E. J. Dionne Jr., Special To the New York Times 

On 12/16/2023 at 11:42 AM, homersapien said:

And the sort of ad hominem attack represented by the OP smacks of "another agenda".

And for the record, there was no mention of equivocating answers. No one ever mentioned that in this thread. This is about plagiarism at the highest levels at Harvard. 

Nothing else. The fact that you feel you must lie and redirect what was an exacting message just proves that you are indeed the Narrative Monkey.

image.png

On 12/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, DKW 86 said:

Let me state FIRST that I dont even care for the replies. I looked at it this morning, spent quite s bit of time on it really, and it seems she is easily guilty of the plagiarism and Harvard faculty do not care. IThey have seen dozens of literally copy/paste citations, some from even their own work and still defend her. They have chosen to stay with her no matter what. So if you think there is any real argument that she did not do this, just keep it to yourselves. In citation after citation after citation after citation after citation she is OBVIOUSLY doing copy/paste writing. She even took almost a whole bibliography section from King, her thesis advisor, the guy that is defendining her today. OBVIOUSLY. WTF?

Now I know some of you narrative monkeys here will defend her no matter what even though the alumni have already cut her donations to Harvard by almost $1BN. She will get most of that back immediately from Muslim Nations wanting to drive their narrative and obviously driving that devastatingly horrible testimony before congress where harassing Jews "DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT."  And no, this does not "DEPEND ON THE CONTEXT." These same Muslim Nations that are buying up Formula 1, The World Cup, etc, etc, etc. They are doing this so that the West will accomodate them later when they want to go back to Misogyny and set women back into their place, beating them, and taking their rights away from them. When they want to turn parts of the West into Sharia lAW Strongholds. They have been buying academics in the West for decades and let's be extremely clear, when it comes to their truth, acadEmics in the US "FOLLOW THE $$$!"

image.png

On 12/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, homersapien said:

What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?  :-\

Maybe I'm an idiot, but how do you plagiarize "with citations"?

For example if I say;

"What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?" And present it as my own thought. That's plagiarism.

But if I say;

It was asked "What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?"¹

¹Homersapien Dec 16th 2023 via Aufamily.com.

Then that's not plagiarism since I cited the original work.

Someone tell me how the 2nd way can be plagiarism :lol:  

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

For example if I say;

"What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?" And present it as my own thought. That's plagiarism.

But if I say;

It was asked "What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?"¹

If she posted the quote and the citation from another publication but did not cite the origin publication. She pulled the quote and the citation from a third document. Looks legit but it is still copied and not cited accurately.  But I really don’t know. Haven’t read her stuff. But if she did it then she has to go. Would not be fair or just to all the other plagiarizers who got caught. I’m sure the liberals would discover brand new excuses for why it is okay for Joe. Not a requirement for president anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

If she posted the quote and the citation from another publication but did not cite the origin publication. She pulled the quote and the citation from a third document. Looks legit but it is still copied and not cited accurately.  But I really don’t know. Haven’t read her stuff. But if she did it then she has to go. Would not be fair or just to all the other plagiarizers who got caught. I’m sure the liberals would discover brand new excuses for why it is okay for Joe. Not a requirement for president anyway.

Thanks, I figured it was something obvious I just couldn't put my finger on lol

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

For example if I say;

But if I say;

Maybe I should have been more distinct with my words. The word Citations was used to convey that her PLAGIARISM was Shown with the Original Source. It was cited from her thesis and was shown to be clearly plagiarism now 40+ times. Her copy & pastes were "cited" as well as the original source from which they were stolen.

It was not that her work had thesis "citations." By and large it had few if any "citations." The reports I spent considerable time on showed what she presented as her own work and copied from the original source. IOWs, there was a 1:1 correlation to the work of the research. They found at the time of the original research 30+ instances of such 1:1 copy & pastes. Now they have a total of 40+ instances that can be compared 1:1 with the originals from which they were lifted.

Edited by DKW 86

On 12/24/2023 at 7:09 PM, jj3jordan said:

Brother, she flat failed to use citations in 40+ instances on her thesis. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12878181/carol-swain-claudine-gay-plagiarism.html

Academic who accused Harvard President Claudine Gay of plagiarizing her work claims Ivy League school won't condemn her because she 'is the product of an elite system that holds minorities of high pedigree to a lower standard'

• Dr Carol Swain reacted to the Harvard Corporation's decision to stand by Gay
  • The right-wing political commentator, addressed other authors who were allegedly plagiarized by Gay, but failed to condemn her 
  • Gay has denied the accusations of plagiarism, but according to The Harvard Corporation will be making corrections regarding the citations 

By GERMANIA RODRIGUEZ POLEO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 

PUBLISHED: | UPDATED: View comments

A former Vanderbilt University professor who accused Harvard president Claudine Gay of plagiarizing her work has claimed the Ivy League won't condemn her because she's a 'high pedigree minority.'

In a scathing essay for the Wall Street Journal, Dr Carol Swain reacted to the Harvard Corporation's decision to stand by Gay despite her disastrous congressional testimony on campus anti-Semitism and accusations of plagiarism. 

Swain claims Gay failed to credit parts of her 1993 book Black Faces, Black Interests: The Representation of African Americans in Congress, as well as her 1997 article titled Women and Blacks in Congress: 1870-1996

Top Storiesby Daily Mail00:1601:00

She wrote: 'Harvard can’t condemn Ms. Gay because she is the product of an elite system that holds minorities of high pedigree to a lower standard. This harms academia as a whole, and it demeans Americans, of all races, who had to work for everything they earned.'

Swain, a right-wing political commentator, addressed other authors who were allegedly plagiarized by Gay, but failed to condemn her, describing the missed sourcing to a few harmless inadequate citations.

Dr Carol Swain claims Harvard won't condemn president Claudine Gay because she 'is the product of an elite system that holds minorities of high pedigree to a lower standard'

Dr Carol Swain claims Harvard won't condemn president Claudine Gay because she 'is the product of an elite system that holds minorities of high pedigree to a lower standard'

Swain claims Gay failed to credit parts of her 1993 book Black Faces, Black Interests: The Representation of African Americans in Congress , as well as her 1997 article titled Women and Blacks in Congress: 1870-1996
View gallery
  •  

Swain claims Gay failed to credit parts of her 1993 book Black Faces, Black Interests: The Representation of African Americans in Congress , as well as her 1997 article titled Women and Blacks in Congress: 1870-1996

• Facepalm 1

Dr Carol Swain’s opinion doesn’t count, she is a black conservative that rose from poverty to prominence without blaming society for holding her back.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Brother, she flat failed to use citations in 40+ instances on her thesis. 

I believe you. I was postulating an example of how it could occur on a lesser scale. Sounds like she went whole hog on everybody else’s work. But alas, no accountability. Why am I surprised.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Dr Carol Swain’s opinion doesn’t count, she is a black conservative that rose from poverty to prominence without blaming society for holding her back.

She is a nationally, possibly internationally, known academic who published the very topic Gay used to pass off as her own at Liberal-As-Can-Be-Harvard. I am not sure that calling her a black conservative is totally correct but may be correct in many other ways. Now, we are being gaslit that Gay's work did include the citations. It did not. She was forced by Harvard to go back and list the citations on or about 10-DEC-23, correcting her plagiarism in her original thesis and removing any of what she claimed to be her original work. So now we have the interminably stoopid people (you know, narrative monkeys) that will claim that her original work included the citations demanded by Harvard that were added in DEC-23 to her 1997 work. 

I am saying all this because I know too well how the narrative monkeys work on this forum. They will deny real facts, and do all the time, and then take the words of the imbeciles trying to cover for a woman who CLEARLY should either resign or be forced out at Harvard. She is a disgrace to academics everywhere and has certainly damaged Harvard's reputation as being academically rigorous. Her coworkers, Harvard's own review panel, and her thesis advisor can easily see that she was GIVEN her PhD for substandard work. She did flagrant plagiarism that Swain has accurately pointed out for years. Now the Harvard Family is actively engaged in CYA. How many former students were smeared by accusations of plagiarism that may have made simple or careless errors far less than those committed by Gay? That is now probably going to the courts and though we may never hear the outcomes, I bet Harvard can and will pay them all off quietly under the table and out of sight.

Folks remember that Harvard is that same school THAT GAVE undergrad degrees to the morons Kerry and Gore AND GAVE an MBA to the moron Bush43.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

I am saying all this because I know too well how the narrative monkeys work on this forum. They will deny real facts, and do all the time, and then take the words of the imbeciles trying to cover for a woman who CLEARLY should either resign or be forced out at Harvard.

Why are you not providing links/citations?  

Folks remember that Harvard is that same school THAT GAVE undergrad degrees to the morons Kerry and Gore AND GAVE an MBA to the moron Bush43.

How is this relevant?  

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:09 AM, icanthearyou said:

Why are you not providing links/citations?  

How is this relevant?  

I am sorry, what exactly did you not get in the multiple articles and instances cited above?

I am saying all this because I know too well how the narrative monkeys work on this forum. They will deny real facts, and do all the time, and then take the words of the imbeciles trying to cover for a woman who CLEARLY should either resign or be forced out at Harvard.

You do realize that you are making me into a prophet now? You do realize that, right?

Edited by DKW 86

Just for those still counting, I heard three different news sources say that Gay's corrections to her thesis and other works have 50+ citations added after Harvard demanded them be added. 

On 12/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, homersapien said:

What do you expect from a black person who is given such a post?  :-\

Sincerely, do you think if she were Asian, white, or Hispanic it would have gone any differently? The Penn President resigned in 3 days. IMO of the series of issues this situation is about, race isn’t one of them. One day a black person will be hired or fired from a position - from coaching to a ceo - and race won’t come up in any narrative. And that’ll be a good day.

• Like 1

I spent 35 years in academe and 15 as a full professor.

Harvard really screwed up by not vetting her publications. A very large percentage of scientific and other scholarly research publications are full of plagiarized content, fabricated data, and fantasy conclusions. It was the responsibility of the search committee and research faculty in her discipline to scour her publications for BS.

So, personally, as an academic, I was for ousting her simply on the grounds of plagiarism and academic fraud.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Sincerely, do you think if she were Asian, white, or Hispanic it would have gone any differently? The Penn President resigned in 3 days. IMO of the series of issues this situation is about, race isn’t one of them. One day a black person will be hired or fired from a position - from coaching to a ceo - and race won’t come up in any narrative. And that’ll be a good day.

That was meant as satire in response to what I perceived is the eager "piling on". 

I guess I should have added " /s".

• Like 1