Colorado Supreme Court bans Trump from ballot

AU9377

Just now, TexasTiger said:

You’ll vote for a crook. You’ll just defend him.

As will you.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re delusional to the point of mental illness.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, our MOD doing what a Mod should do.  Personal attacks.  Well done.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, our MOD doing what a Mod should do.  Personal attacks.  Well done.

Then back up your claim Biden took bribes with actual evidence, not delusional ranting. 

41 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I will not vote for a President who has taken bribes. 

You're being completely disingenuous here. You would not vote for Biden over Trump in any situation, even if no evidence of wrongdoing on Biden's part comes to light and Trump is found guilty in any of his trials.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Then back up your claim Biden took bribes with actual evidence, not delusional ranting. 

I will when you can back up the claim Trump incited an insurrection and not delusional Democrat run state Supreme Courts rantings. Those type of rantings are more dangerous to democracy than anything Republicans are doing. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

You're being completely disingenuous here. You would not vote for Biden over Trump in any situation, even if no evidence of wrongdoing on Biden's part comes to light and Trump is found guilty in any of his trials.

Thanks for thinking for me.  What would I do without you?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I will when you can back up the claim Trump incited an insurrection and not delusional Democrat run state Supreme Courts rantings. Those type of rantings are more dangerous to democracy than anything Republicans are doing. 

You keep proving my every point.

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for thinking for me.  What would I do without you?

Am I incorrect?

On 12/31/2023 at 2:11 PM, auburnatl1 said:

The problem imo is scale (not a viable threat to actually over throwing gov) and did he directly lead the actual violence.  Like everything Trump does, it was idiotic and half a$$. I understand your pov but… you are biased.  Which is the challenge with all of this.

To keep the country from literallsy imploding there has to be a respected, impartial judgement that also establishes future precedence for what constitutes insurrection. Or this goes very sideways.

"Directly lead the actual violence"? :rolleyes:

My standard is respecting our country - to to mention the numerous legal challenges of the outcome - enough to accede to the peaceful transition of power. 

Trump fails on all accounts.  He still insists the election was stolen and he clearly doesn't respect the rule of law.  Jan. 6 clearly demonstrates his willingness to retain power via mob rule by his supporters. 

Finally, I will readily admit to be "biased" against a sociopathic aspiring authoritarian.  There's nothing shameful about that. ;)

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Directly lead the actual violence"? :rolleyes:

My standard is respecting our country - to to mention the numerous legal challenges of the outcome - enough to accede to the peaceful transition of power. 

Trump fails on all accounts.  He still insists the election was stolen and he clearly doesn't respect the rule of law.  Jan. 6 clearly demonstrates his willingness to retain power via mob rule by his supporters. 

Finally, I will readily admit to be "biased" against a sociopathic aspiring authoritarian.  There's nothing shameful about that. ;)

I understand. The problem is trump and his followers feed off of conspiracy and creating the perception of persecution and bias. Every failed impeachment, legal action, and denying him access to run strengthens that narrative and is counterproductive. 

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. The problem is trump and his followers feed off of conspiracy and creating the perception of persecution and bias. Every failed impeachment, legal action, and denying him access to run strengthens that narrative and is counterproductive. 

I get that.  But it seems to me that the alternative is to place him above the law.  What other "productive" options are there?

In the final analysis, we as a country cannot concede to what is essentially a mob of ignorant fascists.

And I realize that statement alone is "counterproductive".  It serves to reinforce their sense of victim-hood.

But, as they say, "it is what it is".

Edited by homersapien

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

In your opinion I bet he is.  I only defend his ability to defend himself against a stacked deck.  We’ll see how it shakes out.  I will not vote for a President who has taken bribes. 

"The stacked deck".............. The man undertook the undermining of our entire electoral system in order to retain power!  What is that, if not being the one trying to stack the deck?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

At some point the adults in the room have to look at them and tell them to sit down and stop being childish.

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

At some point the adults in the room have to look at them and tell them to sit down and stop being childish.

There’s only cowards in their room.

53 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

"The stacked deck".............. The man undertook the undermining of our entire electoral system in order to retain power!  What is that, if not being the one trying to stack the deck?

Didn’t the same thing happen in 2016 where Democrats objected to the electoral system and the VP at the time (Biden) would have nothing to do with it.  I believe Pense was not going to have any of it either.

If the protesters on Jan 6th had not disrupted the proceedings, nothing would have been different.  If you believe Trump had forethought of retaining power, don’t you think that could be easily proven?  Why hasn’t it even been charged other than is the minds of Democrats bent on keeping Trump off of the ballot?

Imo The single biggest mistake Biden made (and there’s been a bunch) to hurt his cause is the border.  Optics By Harris not visiting and him not using the bully pulpit to at least acknowledge the issue he devastated his cause and lost many moderates who I guess prioritize that over… crazy.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:00 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I will when you can back up the claim Trump incited an insurrection

"We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore,"

• Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Didn’t the same thing happen in 2016 where Democrats objected to the electoral system and the VP at the time (Biden) would have nothing to do with it.  I believe Pense was not going to have any of it either.

If the protesters on Jan 6th had not disrupted the proceedings, nothing would have been different.  If you believe Trump had forethought of retaining power, don’t you think that could be easily proven?  Why hasn’t it even been charged other than is the minds of Democrats bent on keeping Trump off of the ballot?

No.  The same thing did NOT happen in 2016. Nobody has ever concocted a plan to substitute slates of delegates from states where they lost in order to win the Presidency.  Nobody.  That is separate and apart from Jan 6th protesters storming the joint session of Congress.

No amount of justification makes those actions acceptable.

Edited by AU9377
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody has ever concocted a plan to substitute slates of delegates from states where they lost in order to win the Presidency.  Nobody.  That is separate and apart from Jan 6th protesters storming the joint session of Congress.

Oh how soon we forget:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38340115

Listen to what these *celebs* begged of the EC delegates.  That was not replacing the EC, but putting pressure on them to *vote their conscience*.  That is on par with having alternate electoral delegates.  A basic *end around* of the intent.

The alternate delegates had no chance of ever casting a vote.  It was a pipe dream, much like the celebs in 2016, which by the way, points right back to Hillary.

To be clear, I am not defending Trump’s actions as it defies logic, but to have this as a reason to keep him off the ballot is just ridiculous.  If you believe he doesn’t deserve to be president, don’t vote for him.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh how soon we forget:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38340115

Listen to what these *celebs* begged of the EC delegates.  That was not replacing the EC, but putting pressure on them to *vote their conscience*.  That is on par with having alternate electoral delegates.  A basic *end around* of the intent.

The alternate delegates had no chance of ever casting a vote.  It was a pipe dream, much like the celebs in 2016, which by the way, points right back to Hillary.

To be clear, I am not defending Trump’s actions as it defies logic, but to have this as a reason to keep him off the ballot is just ridiculous.  If you believe he doesn’t deserve to be president, don’t vote for him.

Hmm....interesting. 

So tell me this. 

Is there any difference in your mind between the calls and wishes of private citizens and the calls and wishes of the actual Gotdang President of the United States of America and his legal team and government officials?  

Do you believe that our elected government officials should be held to any higher standards of conduct or what they say be taken any more serious than that of non-government citizens? 

Who do you believe has more power in this scenario you're laying out. singers and movie actors or the actual leaders of our nations Administrative and legislative branches of Government? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

giphy.gif

😆

He doesn’t deserve an answer.  Nothing I could say will change his warped mind.  I absolutely believe which way he would vote, but would not put words in his mouth.  Rather telling don’t you think?

On 1/1/2024 at 7:00 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Your logic seems to be: sure Trump is flawed but Biden is worse, more corrupt, more toxic, possessed by Satan, whatever than trump and therefore they’re making republicans vote for him. A bad man vs a worse man argument I guess.

Question: but there are candidates now in the Republican Party who have a far better chance to beat Biden in the general that the majority of the populace wants, and yet Trump, the weakest candidate,  is curb stomping them. Why? 

Respectfully, picking Trump has nothing to do with Biden in the primaries. Absolutely nothing. Trump isn’t about policy, what’s best for the majority/country, or even logic - it’s something else that’s way over my head.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hmm....interesting. 

So tell me this. 

Is there any difference in your mind between the calls and wishes of private citizens and the calls and wishes of the actual Gotdang President of the United States of America and his legal team and government officials?  

Do you believe that our elected government officials should be held to any higher standards of conduct or what they say be taken any more serious than that of non-government citizens? 

Who do you believe has more power in this scenario you're laying out. singers and movie actors or the actual leaders of our nations Administrative and legislative branches of Government? 

Missed the whole point.  Both *tried* to alter the EC to change what was duly voted upon to undermine the voting public.  The *celebraties* happened to be, in large part, the cast of the *West Wing* and if you will remember was a pretend President that ran for several years and very popular.  Who do you think were the consultants for this political program.  Was it simply an actor and his staff acting on his own?  Or was he influenced by the White House at the time to do what they did?

Trump basically did the same with the same results.  There was no real chance of his plan to work.  He would first have to prove there was voter fraud to even have a chance and that didn’t happen. The election was certified and that was that.

So, who had more influence is not really the question, it is why they did it in the first place thinking it was going to work?  Both are equally silly and partisan.