Colorado Supreme Court bans Trump from ballot

AU9377

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where you say his actions disqualify him, not should disqualify him, but disqualify him.  Just like the AG of Maine, a one person arbiter of truth.

When the Florida Secretary of State decided to throw out thousands of votes cast in Miami, thereby ensuring a Bush victory over Al Gore, was she not a one person arbiter of truth?

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Carlson and others already cost Fox $800 million.  More settlements or trials are coming in 2024, all related to the blatant unfounded lies they spread to appease their audience.  The fact that so many trust people like Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones is more than a little concerning. 

Ok 👍 

48 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where you say his actions disqualify him, not should disqualify him, but disqualify him.  Just like the AG of Maine, a one person arbiter of truth.

We'll see soon enough, won't we?

You're awfully touchy on this.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:28 PM, KansasTiger said:

Trump probably does alot of things he thinks might get him to viewers and curry support.

Most trump supporters I know are more Tucker fans. From what I've seen. And none of them watch Fox News anymore. Just my observation. 

I think a problem from all sides is a reliance on entertainment and opinion influencers like Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow as a primary source to form political views and information. 

Tucker Carlson is the adult version of todays kids getting all their news and politics from TikTok influencers. 

You're only getting the information and views that the host wants you to know and that supports that hosts own views and theories. You're not getting actual news or real, unbiased information. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think a problem from all sides is a reliance on entertainment and opinion influencers like Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow as a primary source to form political views and information. 

Tucker Carlson is the adult version of todays kids getting all their news and politics from TikTok influencers. 

You're only getting the information and views that the host wants you to know and that supports that hosts own views and theories. You're not getting actual news or real, unbiased information. 

I have problem with most news sources. So I understand their logic in going to Tucker. I'm not sure there are many out there that haven't flat out lied or lied by omission. The only news source I'd trust with any confidence is one without sponsorship, as a starting point.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

We'll see soon enough, won't we?

You're awfully touchy on this.

Just be consistent with the law, that all I ask.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

When the Florida Secretary of State decided to throw out thousands of votes cast in Miami, thereby ensuring a Bush victory over Al Gore, was she not a one person arbiter of truth?

Will you still complain when the Maine and Colorado decision reaches the SCOTUS as the Bush/Gore did if it doesn’t go your way?

I will accept the decision.

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

I have problem with most news sources. So I understand their logic in going to Tucker. I'm not sure there are many out there that haven't flat out lied or lied by omission. The only news source I'd trust with any confidence is one without sponsorship, as a starting point.

Too many times they get away with it simply because their lies concern public figures and vague conspiracies.  We don't have to look for that when it comes to Fox commentators and Alex Jones.  They lied and purposefully went after individuals and companies.  Those disgraceful intentional lies were proven in court.  I'm attempting to point this out without being dismissive about it, but it is difficult to understand how people can trust anything that they discuss after knowing what they have done in the past.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Will you still complain when the Maine and Colorado decision reaches the SCOTUS as the Bush/Gore did if it doesn’t go your way?

I will accept the decision.

Of course I will accept the decision.  That is how our government works. That is why Al Gore respected their decision and acted like a statesman.  If only others had that much class.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Of course I will accept the decision.  That is how our government works.

Yes, it is, so why is Biden still trying to pay the debt off of student loans?  

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Too many times they get away with it simply because their lies concern public figures and vague conspiracies.  We don't have to look for that when it comes to Fox commentators and Alex Jones.  They lied and purposefully went after individuals and companies.  Those disgraceful intentional lies were proven in court.  I'm attempting to point this out without being dismissive about it, but it is difficult to understand how people can trust anything that they discuss after knowing what they have done in the past.

Theyve also been right on things others weren't willing to talk about (Jones and Tucker). I'll fully admit they are a mixed bag. And not my primary news source (Fox and Alex Jones specifically get zero of my attention, actually). But I see them as a different side of the spectrum. I dont think litigation always proves who lied the worst.

Fox can burn in hell for all I care. 

• 1 month later...

Bump, since the decision came down today.  Not surprised that the CO court decision was reversed, but am a bit surprised that it was 9-0.

Link to a PDF of the SC opinion

Image of the crux of the reason for the reversal:

GH1b_nsXkAAiww_?format=png&name=900x900

Edited by SLAG-91

Couldn’t help myself:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Couldn’t help myself:

You can rest assured the TDS cult would have posted something similar had the opinion of the court been the opposite. And the meltdown on MSM was epic. Never in my lifetime have I seen so much hate in the US populous. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

So much of the left, including the media, are so blinded by their hatred of Donald Trump that they forget how our system of government is supposed to work.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/03/04/trump-supreme-court-colorado-ballot-super-tuesday/72838766007/

• Like 1

And talk about media intentionally lying? Lol, happens daily. I watched an hour of CNN last night and picked up a half dozen lies in short order. Where's Daniel Dale when you need him? Anyway, on to a more respectable news source: 

Keeping him off the ballot should never have been the goal. The goal should’ve been to keep him out of the White House again. And Biden botched that opportunity over the past 3 years with a dismal performance. I’m on record as having tremendous disdain for all things DJT, but that’s just the truth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Keeping him off the ballot should never have been the goal. The goal should’ve been to keep him out of the White House again. And Biden botched that opportunity over the past 3 years with a dismal performance. I’m on record as having tremendous disdain for all things DJT, but that’s just the truth. 

The fact that the left couldn’t just let Trump implode and have a multi-lawfare attack on the man shows how weak they (the left) feels their platform is to beat Trump.  The left’s policies are imploding in on themselt’s and they can only blame one man.

What is going to be right for the American people going forward?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that the left couldn’t just let Trump implode and have a multi-lawfare attack on the man shows how weak they (the left) feels their platform is to beat Trump.  The left’s policies are imploding in on themselt’s and they can only blame one man.

Both parties have imploded. How did DJT get into the WH in 2016? The Dems (powers that be) ran a very unlikeable Hillary. Then DJT gets in with a clear majority to rule with. Instead he couldn’t keep his mouth shut and stay off Twitter, or he would’ve easily been re-elected. Neither side is earning their way to stay in power. They take turns bungling that opportunity. 

To your question, what would be right for the American people? Some sane and high character leaders to choose from would help. I weep for our future. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Both parties have imploded. How did DJT get into the WH in 2016? The Dems (powers that be) ran a very unlikeable Hillary. Then DJT gets in with a clear majority to rule with. Instead he couldn’t keep his mouth shut and stay off Twitter, or he would’ve easily been re-elected. Neither side is earning their way to stay in power. They take turns bungling that opportunity. 

To your question, what would be right for the American people? Some sane and high character leaders to choose from would help. I weep for our future. 

Great timing for a third party to emerge. Nikki?

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Great timing for a third party to emerge. Nikki?

When the reality of Trump and Biden finally sets in  I think most sane people will wake up and demand a plan b.  If there ever were a 3rd party scenario , it’s coming soon.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:36 AM, AU9377 said:

She also threw out thousands of Bush votes in the panhandle as "overvotes" because they selected Bush on the ballot and wrote in Bush on the line for write-in candidates.  So yes she was.

And even after all the recounting continued past the cutoff dates, they still NEVER found votes to give Gore the victory. All he had to do was win his home state of Tennessee and he had it with no question.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Agree. Of the countless impeachments, taking off the ballot,  and indictments - only a few ever had a prayer of success and looked vindictive and trite from the start. Worse, after 2022 gop midterm implosion, much of the gop had already given up on Trump as 3 time loser.  But the never ending indictments pushed him back into the limelight and energized his brand back to being the deep state persecuted  vigilante. A fighter.

It was warned years ago - if you don’t have a definitive legal kill shot - don’t go there. IMO the left had a huge role in resurrecting a doa Trump. If I were Biden I’d figure out this whole border problem quick.

• Like 1