Marcus Davis is a top 3 recruiter in the country!!!!

GwillMac6

Let’s goooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!! Even better when one of our own turns out to be a great hire!!! WAR DAMN MARCUS DAVIS!!!! 🦅🐅🐯🧡💙 

• Love 2

@AUwent you owe him an apology bro!! You haaaateed the hire!! 🤭😁

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well people wanted him fired last year. Glad we can pump the brakes on that. 

Did people really!? Ridiculous! He had the worst room to work with in the sec!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Welllll

he does need to step up the on-field coaching. But yeah. He’s awesome. 

The whole offensive coaching staff needs to step up their on the field coaching. It ain’t just Davis. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

The whole offensive coaching staff needs to step up their on the field coaching. It ain’t just Davis. 

Exactly . Hate when one person is the scapegoat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly . Hate when one person is the scapegoat. 

Harsin tried to make his WR coach the scapegoat and we see how that turned out. It’s useless to try to call out Davis when everybody but the RB’s sucked on offense 

• Like 2

i am one of the dummies that was not big on him until i realized he cannot catch the ball for his players......live and learn.

• Like 3

Him, Etheridge and Caddie are all AU men and the best recruiting coaches on the staff, other than CHF maybe. It’s easy to sell recruits on Auburn when you love Auburn, and have a coach who loves recruiting high school football players.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

Freeze's history putting WRs in the NFL recruited this class.  And oh yeah NIL.  Amazing what having a NIL plan can do for recruiting.  Davis' crew needs to run tighter routes, block better and catch the ball this season.  Freeze handed him the dudes - let's see what he does with em.  

5 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

Freeze's history putting WRs in the NFL recruited this class.  And oh yeah NIL.  Amazing what having a NIL plan can do for recruiting.  Davis' crew needs to run tighter routes, block better and catch the ball this season.  Freeze handed him the dudes - let's see what he does with em.  

A lot of that stuff mentioned above is based on individual effort . U can teach all u want but players have to execute. Also receivers can’t throw the ball to themselves. There are other things that need to happen before u even get to that point. Sounds like u don’t want to give Davis credit. U think those guys are coming to Auburn if he can’t relate to them. 

• Like 2

The thing that stands out to me is 1. You have to get them there. That requires great recruiting and NIL. 2. Once 1 is done, good offensive system ( includes all the dudes needed in all the offensive rooms).

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Him, Etheridge and Caddie are all AU men and the best recruiting coaches on the staff, other than CHF maybe. It’s easy to sell recruits on Auburn when you love Auburn, and have a coach who loves recruiting high school football players.

I wish this was still true, but who are we kidding? It’s about money and nothing else. 

So how do we define a ‘good recruiter?’ A coach who’s lucky enough to have someone fork out cash to a player he’s assigned to? NIL has basically neutralized good recruiting chops, IMO. Let’s just call it what it is…free agency.

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I wish this was still true, but who are we kidding? It’s about money and nothing else. 

So how do we define a ‘good recruiter?’ A coach who’s lucky enough to have someone fork out cash to a player he’s assigned to? NIL has basically neutralized good recruiting chops, IMO. Let’s just call it what it is…free agency.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Every school we’re going against for top recruits has as much nil as we do. Then the extenuating factor is the recruiter and the relationship they have built with the recruit, and the parents, along with coaching staff staying around etc… NIL, if anything, evened out the field for great recruiters to shine their prowess in that area. Does money play a role, of course.

Edited by toddc

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Harsin tried to make his WR coach the scapegoat and we see how that turned out. It’s useless to try to call out Davis when everybody but the RB’s sucked on offense 

Agreed. A bad O starts with the HC. We were really lacking in talent at WR last year, but no excuses after this class. I believe PT is more than capable with a decent OL, to throw for plenty of yards and decent play calling. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I don’t think that’s true at all. Every school we’re going against for top recruits has as much nil as we do. Then the extenuating factor is the recruiter and the relationship they have built with the recruit, and the parents, along with coaching staff staying around etc… NIL, if anything, evened out the field for great recruiters to shine their prowess in that area. Does money play a role, of course.

We both are probably overextending our positions on this one.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But, love of Auburn and personal relationships is not the clincher for the great majority of prospects out there.  It's who's holding the biggest McDonald's bag in front of them.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Him, Etheridge and Caddie are all AU men and the best recruiting coaches on the staff, other than CHF maybe. 

IMO, Aldridge and Garrett are our best. 

14 hours ago, KillenTime said:

SMH

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

SMH

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

SMH

Amazing isn't it. Sometimes I wonder what some cats are smoking b4 they start posting stuff. Davis did a great job. He deserves the accolades 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

It's stunning how national AND regional media are virtually not mentioning Davis in any storylines. At all. It's just hard to find a sports "journalist" anymore. 

Awesome job, coach Davis!

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Amazing isn't it. Sometimes I wonder what some cats are smoking b4 they start posting stuff. Davis did a great job. He deserves the accolades 

It's wild. Then on top of that how the board thinks that a coach really is a direct relation to a guy catching a ball is crazy.